DeSantis Gunhide Question of the Day: What’s Your Gun Belt of Choice?

No question about it, if you’ve been suspending your holster with with a cheap Wally World special, you have no idea how much difference a good gun belt makes, both in comfort and support. My belt of choice is a Daltech Force Bull Hide Belt. It’s reasonably priced, tougher than year-old jerky and has 3/4-inch hole spacing for a perfect fit whether I’m toting IWB or OWB. What’s your favorite gun belt?

desantis blue logo no back 4 small

comments

1. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

Ted Blocker. They are local for me so stopping by their shop is easy.
    Great leather.

2. avatar RockOnHellChild says:

DM Bullard Double Thick Leather Gun Belt – Azle, Tx.

I also like XS Sights, because they’re based out of Fort Worth.

I try to keep things local, when I can.

3. avatar E Smith says:

Exodus gunleather for sure! My friend and I each have matching 1911 holsters and mag pouches for our belts. Can’t beat them!!

4. avatar tdiinva (now in Wisconsin} says:

I have been using a 5-11 belt which is quite serviceable but have my eye on a Duluth Trading Company Texas Ranger work belt.

5. avatar Samuel L Bronkowitz says:

Built like a tank, made in USA and they have an option to space the holes closer together at the end of the belt to help get that perfect fit.

1. avatar Pascal says:

+ 100

I have a Bullhide Belt as well. Love it. Yes, and the closer spacing is wonderful because I find I need that depending on what I am wearing.

I also have a Magpul Original which is solid and I always take to training classes.

2. avatar uncommon_sense says:

Same here. They are good. I have the synthetic version which works extremely well for inside-the-belt carry. It is something like 5 years old at this point and still looks and functions like brand new.

3. avatar MLee says:

Same here. Been wearing it for years now. Ordered it 02/2012 and wear it daily. I cinch it up tight to hold my gut in and hold my weapon firm.
      I swear by the products produced by Bull Hide Belts.
      The belt I got was a Havana Grooved Edge Bridle Leather Belt with the Brass Paul Revere buckle.

6. avatar Dyspeptic Gunsmith says:

I keep it simple, but full-width and padded:

7. avatar Dez says:

Milt Sparks and also their holsters. Worth every penny and the time to get it.

8. avatar Vendetta says:

I like my Crossbreed belt.

1. avatar Matt in FL says:

Second the Crossbreed. Velcro on the inside with velcro clips for max concealment, a necessity for me.

9. avatar Ben Wagner says:

Galco SB-2

1. avatar Frank in VA says:

Galco SB3 for me.

1. avatar HES says:

Another vote for the beltman. His work is fantastic and he puts out a quality product that will stand up to years and years of use and abuse

10. Wilderness Instructor Belt…..you know the one EVERYBODY rips their design off of! The original:

1. avatar Matt in FL says:

You carry a gun on that? Seems like a nice belt, but I like something with a bit more structure.

1. Are you kidding? The original is quite strong and there are options for even more rigidity if you really need that.

1. avatar Matt in FL says:

Nah, I wasn’t kidding. It doesn’t look like it’d have much support for a gun and holster. Appearances are deceiving, I suppose.

2. avatar Elliot says:

Looks are indeed deceiving. That belt is a superb belt! When I go to a class it holds my pistol and mags perfectly. I ordered the extra rigid version.

2. avatar tfunk says:

I used to use a thick leather gun belt. Once I tried a Wilderness Instructor Belt I haven’t worn my leather one again.

1. avatar Elliot says:

I love that belt. I use it when I’m going to the range or a class. It holds up very well and works perfectly!

11. avatar Jean-Claude says:

I use the one from Alien Gear. They ran a two holster and belt special. It’s a thick steel core belt. Works just fine.

1. avatar peirsonb says:

I tossed one in with my first Alien Gear order a month or so ago. Seems nice so far.

Before that I wore a Blackhawk! Instructors belt daily for about 3 years. Those are definitely stiff and they last.

12. avatar DrewR55 says:

Looper located in OKC.

13. avatar John says:

Trakline. 1/4inch adjustments for that truly personal fit. Belt works like a reusable zip tie.

1. avatar Rokurota says:

I have two on order. Good to hear they’re sturdy enough for CCW use.

14. avatar GRDRANE says:

S.O.E Cobra buckle belt. Expensive, but worth it EDC’ed for 5 years. 1500 pounds test weight. I look like a jackass when I wear a suit, but screw it. Lol. Does anyone know of a company that uses a Alpine Cobra buckle on a leather belt? I would buy that.

1. avatar Ram says:

X2. Buckle is used to strap down cargo on space missions. Enough said.

15. avatar Clay-in-UT says:

Bigfoot belts, I don’t think I will ever need another belt, as long as my waistline behaves.

16. avatar strych9 says:

Bison Designs Last Chance Belt – Heavy Duty.

I’ve had it for years as my EDC.

17. avatar tsbhoa.p.jr says:

“a better belt” horsehide 3/4″ spacing, reinforced, for everyday iwb and pocket carry.
    lenwood (he made me a bullhide) for hunting with either of the .44mags (super blackhawk, deagle).

18. avatar Fight islam Now says:

Beltman – excellent quality, lasts forever, great customer service

19. avatar Derek says:

Snakeeatertactical.com makes killer belts, been using one as an edc belt for two years now and it is amazing

20. avatar Guerrero says:

Daltech Force BioBelt for dress, SOE Gear low profile EDC belt for casual.

21. avatar J. Seymour says:

Theis makes great hand made belts and holsters. https://www.theisholsters.com/productDetails.php?pcID=Belt I have one of each and have absolutely no complaints.

22. avatar Jnynetwk says:

Theis makes awesome handmade belts and holsters. I have one of each and have absolutely no complaints. Their wait times can be a little longer on the holsters because they are hand made, but well worth it.

23. avatar Gregolas says:

Blade Tech. One each, black & brown.

24. avatar Brian Johnston says:

Hanks Gunbelt

1. avatar Rokurota says:

Yup! I’m wearing one now — Hank’s Amish CCW gun belts are well-made, sturdy, and priced right. And yes, I enjoy the irony of wearing an “Amish” belt to support a gun.

25. avatar SouthAl says:

Daltech Force double layer bullhide with 3/4 inch spacing. Been thinking about trying one of their thinner belts. Sometimes the thick belt won’t work with my work attire.

1. avatar 2AMexican says:

I have their BioBelt w/ 3/4″ spacing. It is extremely durable with almost no signs of wear in almost a year of daily use.

26. avatar Chris T from KY says:

De.Santis econo belt it’s inexpensive and works great.

27. avatar Elliot says:

Bullhide Belts (https://www.bullhidebelts.com) makes great gun belts (click on gun belts to view). I have two from them. They have plenty of options and with a little mink oil will continue to look great for years to come.

28. avatar Too close to Chicago says:

Love my Uncle Mike’s nylon reinforced belt. I have worn it every day for a year and it is still going strong. Plus, you can’t beat the price!

1. avatar Dave Smith says:

I love my Uncle Mike’s Instructor’s Belt.

29. avatar DJ says:

I bought a thick leather belt at Walmart about 18 years ago (not a joke). I’ve worn it daily since. Took it on deployment with me and wore it under my DCUs, It’s still got the wear marks from that deployment and I still wear it every day. Best $10 I ever spent.

30. avatar Sian says:

Using a Kore X2 and liking it pretty well. The fine adjustment of 1/4″ ratchet action is very handy.

31. avatar Tom in Georgia says:

Ken Null 1.5″ horsehide belt with proprietary brass hook-and-eye buckle. Matching OWB holster as well. He’s about 30 minutes away. Pretty much as local as things get around here.

Tom

32. avatar TennTexan says:

I’ve had a Texas CHL for going on 14 years now, and my go-to carry belt has always been a 5-stitch Wilderness Frequent Flyer (same as their “instructor” belt, but with polymer rings instead of the aluminum buckle). I cannot recommend these belts highly enough.

33. avatar Stan says:

Maybe a TTAG belt review is in order.

34. avatar Spartacus Khan says:

Elite Survival Systems 1.75″, cobra buckle w/D-ring, Grey Ghost Ranger belt 1.5″ w/1″ cobra buckle, both are great belts