Everyday Carry Pocket Dump of the Day – Rob

Untitled-1

Rob works in healthcare and carries what you see here. Nothing fancy, just good reliable gear. Check out the details at Everyday Carry . . .

Everyday Carry Logo small

comments

1. avatar gman says:

Does it have to be ‘fancy’?

2. avatar strych9 says:

You don’t see too many people rocking the Mak these days. I like that choice.

1. avatar jwm says:

I just won the holster contest last week end and ordered a black arch for my Mak. I only own 2 semi’s and they both work when needed.

2. avatar Art out West says:

Maks have really shot up in price lately. I’d like to have one (as a friend for my 9X18 CZ-82), but am too cheap to pay $300+ for one. I only paid $329 for my police trade in Gen3 Glock 22 (my Security Six, and Colt 1917 were about the same price). I really like Maks, but don’t think they quite stack up to a G22, SS, or 1917 (not carry guns, I know).

I just need to find a nice East German Mak for $200. Maybe I’m dreaming. I wouldn’t mind finding another $80 M44 Mosin either.

My local gun store does have some really good prices on less common used handguns from time to time.

1. avatar jwm says:

Yes. If I was to start from scratch today and have to buy handguns I would not go the milsurp route because of the price. I could get a brand new SD9 for just a few bucks more.

My 99 buck russian sks was a real deal. Good luck finding one now for under 300.

1. avatar Jeremy S. says:

Yah. An SKS was the first gun I ever purchased, and I don’t remember exactly how much it was but I’m pretty sure it was under $100. A few years later I picked up an M44 Mosin that ran me $75. And .22 LR was like 2.5 or 3 cents a round and the shops had pallets of it sitting out in the aisles.

Ah… nostalgia isn’t what it used to be.

2. avatar Anonymous says:

Maks are excellent guns. I once unintentionally shot one with a barrel obstruction (another lead bullet wedged in the barrel). The entire gun blew apart into all these pieces. Even the slide popped off the frame. Amazingly, the gun appeared to have dismantled itself without damage (except for a barrel bulge). I inspected the parts, reassembled the gun, and finished out a box of S&B FMJ with no further incident while maintaining a ~ 2″ group at 10yds. Love the mak. Story probably would have been a lot different had it been a polymer framed pistol, as I left the incident completely uninjured.

3. avatar Publius says:

I carry a Bulgarian Makarov most of the time.

3. avatar Geoff PR says:

A man after my own heart.

My Nook goes pretty much everywhere with me, I simply *detest* waiting with nothing to do…

1. avatar Jeremy S. says:

They still make Nooks?

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

I have no idea.

The one I bought 3 years back is running just fine.

I *can* read with the iPhone, I prefer the feel in my hand of the beater Nook.

The carrier folio is definitely looking rather tattered at this point, tho…

4. avatar Specialist38 says:

I think you work for the CIA…….maybe the KGB.

5. avatar Anonymous says:

I hate Eisenhower.

1. avatar anonymoose says:

I like Ike. He’s my sixth favorite President, after Jefferson, Madison, Washington, Lincoln, and TR.

6. avatar GD says:

The Mak is not a bad choice for edc. However, I didn’t see a spare mag in that picture. Maybe you should consider a spare mag since you’re going with a single stack firearm.

Since this is a Mak, do you prefer using the heel release when dropping the mag? If not, you could replace your Mak grip with a fab defense PM-G that would give you a thumb operated magazine release.

7. avatar SteveInCO says:

I still remember, back when Maks were an even hundred bucks, my circle of friends routinely passing them around to settle debts.