Everyday Carry Pocket Dump of the Day – Michael Cancel

157953c368633e_1

This Marine carries a GLOCK 19. If we had a nickel for every time those words have been said, we could probably buy the company. See what else he carries at Everyday Carry . . .

Everyday Carry Logo small

comments

1. avatar Swarf says:

And two folding knives. Just in case one turns in to a carrier pigeon.

1. avatar Robert Farago says:

Actually, carrying two knives makes sense. One for utility one for self-defense. The self-defense knife being kept razor sharp.

1. avatar Swarf says:

I keep my one folder razor sharp. In addition to digging out splinters, it cuts both rope and the incessant onslaught of ninjas (or pirates) we all apparently deal with daily just fine.

2. avatar Kaban says:

Used to carry two folders. It soon gets ridiculous, as you invariably stick to “go-to”, most accessible (read – right pants pocket) knife. Better invest into quality. Plus, I am yet to see 110-esque blade profile which could be fubared to the point of unability to stab.

Neck/dedicated gear like Bear Claw or simply robust fixed blade in SOB/IWB rig is another story, but the latter is questionable choice for us civilian urbanites.

3. avatar Geoff PR says:

“Actually, carrying two knives makes sense.”

My exact view, RF.

I got into the habit of twin carry when a job I had pretty much required a knife for each hand just to do the job efficiently. (It involved replacing about a dozen tiny tubes on a ‘platen’-style pump, and it had to be done *fast*)

Since then, I kept the habit and my Spyderco hawkbill is my defense blade and a cheap junker is the utility-use knife…

4. avatar Sad88 says:

This from the guy who throws his $20000 gun on the ground because some nitwit told him to.

2. avatar strych9 says:

Monkeyfist key-chain sans keys?

1. avatar Magickaldood says:

He has to maintain OPSEC and cannot disclose the make and model of the vehicle(s) he drives, or the manufacturer of the key(s) he may or may not have.

3. avatar Hoplopfheil says:

I’m not in love with the new Shuffle. The bottle opener doesn’t work as well, the flat screwdriver part isn’t as usable, and the tanto blade isn’t my favorite.