Blue Force Gear Quote of the Day: Anti-Gunners ‘Shocked’ by United Way Gun Auction

ValeriePlameWilson_Testifies_031607

“Many of us who have supported the United Way for years are deeply embarrassed by and for the organization. And, we pray that these violent weapons being unleashed on our communities by the United Way will not become instruments of mayhem in the 91 deaths that occur as a result of gun violence in our county every day. Do we really need the money from this raffle so badly that we are willing to pay the price of innocent lives lost?” – Former CIA operative Valerie Plame Wilson in When United Way’s Mission is Incompatible With Their Actions [at huffingtonpost.com]

BFG-Long-Logo-Blue-JPG-220x39

comments

1. avatar Ranger Rick says:

I gave up on the United Way years ago over how they treated the BSA.

1. avatar Jonathan - Houston says:

Same here. When one UW chapter CEO after another in the the 1990s and 2000s either went to prison for embezzlement or at least was forced to resign, it demonstrated that the organization has long since lost its way and just turned into a self-propelled, perpetual money machine.

Moreover, I remember in 1996 learning that the United Way was funding “alternative proms” for high school kids whose selection of date would not be allowed at their school’s real prom. Pushing their own political agenda is not what the United Way was supposed to be about.

Most people considered UW to be a clearing house and aggregator of sorts for other, smaller charitable organizations. Serving as a large, umbrella organization has its advantages in fundraising and allocation of funds to legitimate smaller charities, who are so focused on delivering services that they don’t have much left over to raise money. That’s great, but when the organization turns into a subsidiary of Big Liberalism and its leaders just line their pockets with excessive legal compensation, plus illegal appropriations, then the whole thing has forfeited credibility.

2. avatar Greg says:

Ms. “Look at Me” CIA Operative prefers to see women and children left without any means of defense in the event of a home invasion or burglary. What a humanitarian she is! Wonder how many firearms she and her husband have stashed in their security monitored home? BTW, I stopped giving to United Way years ago because of their political leanings.

1. avatar gs650g says:

She felt Sharon Stone should play her in the big movie about her courageous battles in DC. Total narcissistic wrench.
      Even the woman who wrote the law on disclosure of agent identity said she wasn’t close to being covered by it. She was a horrible field agent and was driving a desk looking good for a way out.

2. avatar MikeyTX says:

Well stated ……….

3. avatar LarryinTX says:

I remember her! She was an operative operator operating operationally, right? And, it turns out, a wild-eyed dumbass liberal, liberating liberations liberally at the same time? I thought that was illegal, or at the least, fattening. We need to cut down the letters these dummies are allowed to use, it would make lives so much better. Suppose, for example, liberals were only allowed to liberally liberate libations, due to running out of “er”s, we would all have more to drink, right?

3. avatar W says:

So, Plame’s a leftist tool.
    And, she had her husband sent to Nigeria to “fact check” what 43 said about Iraq. Figures.

1. avatar Greg says:

She and her husband are proof that the CIA doesn’t screen their operatives for anti-American political views. They both have a history of being leftist tools. Now, apparently they have nothing better to do than target our Constitutional rights.

1. avatar W says:

Maybe she’s looking for a sugar daddy like the Giffords or Watts got. For all I know, those are sweet gigs.
        Her movie and her book didn’t do much at all.

4. avatar tsbhoA.P.jr says:

if you are employed by ibew15, united way deductions are just subtracted from your check. it has always been their pet charity. almost like dues. minimum three dollars per.
    love me some extortion.

1. avatar doesky2 says:

For people who are STRONGLY encouraged at their workplace to contribute from their paycheck for a 5013C then let me remind you that appleseed is a great 2A place to put your donations.

5. avatar former water walker says:

Ummm…United Way? I know they support baby murder through Planned Parenthood’s genocide. But I guess that’s not “gun violence” so they can’t get on their BS high whore-se.

6. avatar TimF says:

Violent weapons? Naw, the United Way only raffles off peaceable, loving, kind weapons. Actually I don’t think pieces of steel, plastic and wood have emotions — craven or otherwise.

1. avatar gs650g says:

Yeah I’m gonna have my AR 10 evaluated for hostile tendencies and keep my eye on it.

1. avatar Dave says:

Haha, and perhaps even add it to the terrorist watch list.

1. avatar Rusty Chains says:

Yikes , then you would be harboring a known or suspected terrorist! On the positive side the .gov might even pay you to spy on it.

7. avatar Curtis in IL says:

Right. Because as we all know, that’s how thugs and radical Islamic jihadis get their guns. They buy tickets in a charity auction, hope they win, and if they’re lucky enough, they fill out the 4473, pass the background check and pickup their prize from an FFL.

Happens all the time, right?

And the low information voters on the left buy this “logic” every time, hook, line and sinker.

8. avatar Chris says:

I would think of anyone, a past CIA operative would understand what good an armed populace can do.

1. avatar NineShooter says:

In their eyes, there’s no such thing as a “good” armed populace, unless they are the ones who vetted and armed them.

And of course, they never tell their Jr. Revolutionary Corps in advance that the first people to be collected, lined-up, and shot by the new regime are the resistance-trained revolutionaries that made the new government possible. If these folks were talented enough to overthrow the LAST government, then they have the skills to overthrow the NEW government too, so they are the first to collect their accolades posthumously, as Heroes of the new .GOV.

2. avatar dwb says:

They totally understand what a good armed populace can do – that’s why they are against it.

9. avatar jamesdc95 says:

That doesnt mean a whole lot, coming from someone who worked for the CIA

10. avatar Sixpack70 says:

Did she suffer some brain damage during her waterboarding resistance training?

11. avatar Bob392 says:

She was never a CIA operative. She was an analyst who disobeyed a direct order, went with her husband on a unsanctioned “fact finding” mission.

12. avatar gs650g says:

Weapons cannot be violent.
    People on the other hand sure. People are also constituent voting blocks that elect others who blame machines for acts committed by their supporters.

13. avatar Jeff says:

Go take a close look at the United Way, and some of the “charities” they support. You may not want your money going to some of these charities. I got a good look at them when I was in charge of the Combined Federal Campaign for my Air Force orgranization. That was the last time I ever gave money to either the Combined Federal Campaign or the United Way. I give my charitable contributions direct to the organizations I support. That way I know who’s getting my money and the United Way doesn’t get to skim off the top.

1. avatar gs650g says:

I give to the BSA regularly. UW can get lost.

1. avatar Jeff says:

So do I, along with other charities I trust to spend the money I give them wisely. Just looking at the overhead rates for some fairly popular charities would have you cringe including some like the American Cancer Society and the American Heart Association. Think “The Clinton Foundation”

1. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

Yup. I’ll never give to UW.

2. avatar junkman says:

I personally knew United Way higher ups many years ago–when i found out how corrupt it was (because of knowing these people), all respect for UW went down the toilet–this outfit literally stinks

14. avatar Jonathan - Houston says:

My favorite line from the original article is this:

“The United Way Worldwide is fully aware of laws that allow the raffle “winner” to turn around and immediately sell that military grade sniper rifle to absolutely anyone.”

What they mean is that New Mexico doesn’t have mandatory background checks for private transactions. By “allow” they mean “don’t forbid”, but even that’s inaccurate since there are plenty of New Mexico laws barring sales to categories of individuals, as well as even more federal laws doing the same and more.

These are people whose every argument with their siblings as children ended with a shout of “New rule!”, followed by some latest iteration of the rules intended to pin point the new problem and fine tune everyone’s behavior. These are people who believe in fraudulent terms like “social engineering”, which we use as an epithet, but which progressives (read: liberals) originally used as gimmick for making their politics sound scientific. They think that passing more laws is the answer, because they believe that lack of strict mandates is the problem.

15. avatar Gabe says:

“91 deaths that occur as a result of gun violence in our county every day”

Wow, that’s a crazy county, wonder where that is? The county sherrif’s dept. must be very busy.

1. avatar NorincoJay says:

In a country of 325,000,000. The whole EU has 500,000,000. The US is the third most populous country in the world. Just to put those supposed 91 deaths in context.

16. avatar Nam62 says:

I have not given to UW since the late 60’s when the company I worked for required that 100% of the Company gave to this charity. So they could get a piece of paper saying “WOW” we made 100%.
    I bowed my back and said NO! Today it’s still NO..

1. avatar RockOnHellChild says:

My company tried to make mandatory volunteering/donating a thing…

It didn’t work out too well.

17. avatar Chris T from KY says:

We still have a problem with religious groups with guns. Very sad.
    More people need to read the bible and learn how the government used “gun control” to control the population. Perhaps they will see the errors of their ways.

18. avatar TyrannyOfEvilMen says:

“Violent weapons”

You’ll never be able to find all of us! HA HA HAHA HA HA
    –Tyranny’s Glock 19

Sorry, folks. Stupid people saying stupid things about inanimate objects makes him feel empowered.

I washed his mouth out with Hoppe’s No. 9 ?

19. avatar NorincoJay says:

First, weapons aren’t violent. It’s just a tool and like all tools the person that wields it determines what it is. Secondly, she almost assumes all legal gun owners are criminals and all guns will be used in crime. When the exact opposite is true. I rate her statement four Pinocchios.

Well whaddaya know — the CIA’s whore speaks.

Intelligence may be what she gathered, but it’s certainly not what she has.

21. avatar CD says:

Valerie Plame Wilson, Please go back into the cold.

22. avatar Chip in Florida says:

“…Many of us who have supported the United Way for years are deeply embarrassed by and for the organization”

Look at the words used:

Many of us – meaning me and a group that I am sure is out there somewhere because just look at how many likes I generated on Facebook.

who have supported – did you quit your support already? If not then why did you use past-tense?

deeply embarrassed – because we are a bunch of pearl-clutching ninnies who are going to tsk-tsk and shake our heads at you because we are so obviously superior to you and yours.

The contempt from these people is almost physical. Their desire to control others is so incredibly strong it is frightening in its intensity.

23. avatar mk10108 says:

When women are in charge you get opinions bordering on nonsense.

24. avatar Tom says:

I asked Valerie on Twitter about the thousands of Americans that would be killed by government enforcing gun bans, if that was OK in the name of stopping “gun violence”?. I`m willing to bet her home has at least several firearms. Anyone want to bet she will not respond and will probably block me?