Kesha: “We Can Control Who We Give The F**king Weapons To!”

kesha

Singer and songwriter Kesha had a few words about guns during a performance at the Democratic National Convention. She was playing inside the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia, at an event sponsored by Gabby Gifford’s gun control group Americans for Responsible Solutions when she let her “gun knowledge” fly.

During her four song set, Kesha couldn’t hold back. So she actually stopped and proclaimed that she has something to say. Her exact words were:

We as a nation, we can’t control who feels hurt, we can’t control who feels pain. You can’t control every single person and know how they’re going to deal with things and know if they’re going to pick up a weapon — you don’t know that. But what we can control is who we give the f**king weapons to. I think the universe is screaming at us that there needs to be a change, and we have to f**king listen.”

Who is the “we” Kesha referred to in her anti-gun rant? She’s performing for Democrats. So it must be an appeal to authority to take away guns — because her feelings are hurt.

As if Kesha’s music isn’t bad enough her authoritarianism is showing too, and that’s more ridiculous than her music. She can’t “control who gets weapons” anymore than any politician can – “shall no be infringed” is pretty clear. It is concerning that so many don’t understand those four simple words.

comments

1. avatar strych9 says:

Someone’s giving out weapons?

In private life I’ve generally had to pay for mine…

1. avatar jwm says:

Even in the military they just loaned us the weapons. Try to take that stuff home when your times up and they get testy.

My dad gave me my first gun. After that I’ve bought my own.

What we need to control is who has a microphone.

1. avatar strych9 says:

Hell, something goes missing, even for a little bit, and they get pissy.

2. avatar Cliff H says:

I spent 24 hours in a locked-down Army kaserne in Frankfurt while they looked for a lost M16. Was not fun. (Luckily it wasn’t my M16 and they did find the thing.) Never heard what happened to the poor soul who misplaced his rifle.

1. avatar Bob in mi says:

Spent 72hrs crawling through dirt on camp pendleton looking for an mbiter that some boot ass 2nd Lt left on the tailgate of a truck.

2. avatar Skeptical_Realist says:

For those that wondered what an mbiter (SIC) is:

AN/PRC-148 Multiband Inter/Intra Team Radio (MBITR)

3. avatar BigDaveinVT says:

I made my son pay for his own.

2. avatar Old Ben turning in grave says:

What I came to say. No government, Federal, state, or local has ever GIVEN me anything. Not once in my life. Certainly not a firearm. In contrast, I have given them a sizeable portion of what I have earned, and also a percentage of most of the dollars I have spent, since I was 13 years old. Suck me, statist.

Now, if she wants to start giving away weapons, then she of course would have every right to decide who gets one (within legal limits).

1. avatar JasonM says:

They’ve given me lots of things:
        A hard time, stress, headaches, …

3. avatar kenneth says:

That is just the entitlement philosophy of today talking. She has had everything given to her, and done for her, for so long, that she cannot conceive of the idea of paying ones own way in life.
      Like Billy Connolly saying that he wouldn’t even know how to buy a car or a house. He just calls his manager to do it.
      But at least he understands that it is still his money doing the purchase, and no one GAVE it to him. No such intelligence in the liberal camp.

4. avatar Greg says:

Where so I sign up for my free Kesha-approved weapons. Seriously. this child needs to be deprogrammed.

5. avatar Bob says:

Some kid gave me a stick once when I was in 2nd grade…

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

Someone gave you a stick?

Pfffpt. Back in my day, nobody was giving out sticks! We had to find our own sticks! In the middle of winter! With no coat! Uphill! Both ways!

And we LIKED IT!

🙂

1. avatar AnyMouse says:

” Uphill! Both ways!”

You had a hill? A whole bloody hill? We had a dirt clod in the street. We took turns charging up and down that clod with our toy army gear. Several of us fell off the clod, and were run over by a VW bus driven by a bunch of over-aged hippies.

And we were glad to have it !

6. avatar ted says:

I did give my children .22 cricket rifles.

And when I take my dirt nap, they will have the rest.

2. avatar Don says:

I think she’s speaking out against sex toys? Next we’ll have limits on “C” battery sales…. gives a whole new meaning to “don’t move or I’ll plug ya!”. Next she’ll be hollering “Pants up, don’t shoot!” Both conventions this year have moved from the sublime to the ridiculous.

1. avatar Stinkeye says:

Political party conventions are almost always ridiculous, and have never, ever been “sublime”.

3. avatar Cloud says:

Who is this fat Jennifer Lawrence?

1. avatar ready,fire,aim says:

….LMFAO…..

2. avatar DickDanger says:

Hah! When I saw the article’s picture without reading the title I thought it was Rebel Wilson (she’s an obese alstralian actress)

3. avatar Jonathan - Houston says:

Sooo…..is she no longer brushing her teeth with a bottle of Jack? I’m guessing maybe she’s switched to Nesquik.

4. avatar ButtHurtz says:

I’d still bump uglies with her.

4. avatar bearclawed says:

Universe cares? If that joke BLM group does not care about spending a weekend in Chicago then I’d say our Universe does not care.

5. avatar John A. says:

I guess I am old and out of touch, but I actually don’t have the slightest idea who she is….

1. avatar dlj95118 says:

…yeah, ditto. I had to look her up, then was sorry I did.

I’ll never get those three minutes of life back.

1. avatar pieslapper says:

Her career has unraveled to the point that she’s forced to play a political convention just to make a living.

1. avatar gs650g says:

She’s broke too. Had to borrow money from Taylor Swift

2. avatar JasonM says:

…or you just have taste in music that tends away from flash in the pan (one of the many gun based terms that pervade our culture), one hit wonders.
      Soon enough, she’ll be dead of an overdose, or working mall openings just to maintain a middle class lifestyle, with the hope of securing a spot on a reality show to “relaunch” her career.

1. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

Hahaha. I had mental images going as you described that.
        Only in the end, I see her washed up, all wrinkled out, slurringly proclaiming to some tmz reporter that she’s not an alcoholic…

2. avatar Jonathan - Houston says:

I’m not a fan of her work, although “Tik Tok” is kind of catchy, but let’s be fair. She’s been a professional recording artist for more than a decade. In that time, she’s had ten Top 40 hits, including eight Top 10 hits. She’s also written hits for other performers like Britney Spears and is currently on a national tour. That’s a tad more than one hit wonder.

3. avatar Archangel187 says:

I learned something today, thank you. I always thought flash in the pan was majorly a miner thing.

3. avatar neiowa says:

Another “one namer” = irrelevant twit.

6. avatar Swilson says:

Jeez, who cares what some “pop star” has to say about gun rights, politics or morality in general? It’s also really, really sad that the dems have to have someone like her performing at the DNC. They certainly know their demographic- shallow, “pop” citizens who gorge on the smut peddaled to them by their Hollyweird superiors. There’s plenty of liberal musicians out there who at least have decent music with some soul to it. Pop chicks like Kesha and her ilk are the LCD of the music industry.

I think Bill Hicks had a bit about music and the influence given to “singers” like Kesha.

7. avatar Wiregrass says:

The BATFE already tried that and royally effed it up.

8. avatar James69 says:

I did not know Rebel Wilson had a twin.

1. avatar Dr. Vinnie Boombotz says:

Burp. Squeeeeeep ffffft. Scratch scratch scratch. Huh?

9. avatar Chicago Steve says:

She also recommends brushing teeth with Jack Daniels….so as always, consider the source.

10. avatar FortWorthColtGuy says:

I am not joking when I ask this…

Who is Kesha?

I guess I am out of mainstream pop culture, but I have never heard of or see her (him?) before. I am 36 years old, so I don’t think I am that old.

1. avatar strych9 says:

Don’t feel bad. I turned 32 last week and I have no idea who she is, nor do I care.

2. avatar Clark45 says:

I think she is a “pop” singer that used to go by the name Kee-dollar-sign-Ha, but recently changed it to Kesha because the other was too unwieldy to say.

3. avatar DrewR55 says:

Eh, at the ripe old age of 35 I’ll admit that I stopped listening to ‘modern music’ around ’03 or so. The alternative and grunge music of the ’90s had everything I needed for entertainment and I could find something for any occasion. Today’s music just seems like mindless noise and meaningless lyrics.

1. avatar Indiana Tom says:

I am still back with the Beach Boys.

4. avatar Swilson says:

Y’all don’t know who Kesha is? Y’all ever heard of Katy Perry, Madonna, Christina Aguilera, Gwen Stefani, Pink etc? Exact same person.

1. avatar JasonM says:

I went to a concert in the late ’90s where No Doubt (Gwen Stefani’s former group) was the opening act. They were terrible, as expected! I remember her getting into an argument with concert attendees who were yelling at her to get off the stage and booing so loudly she couldn’t focus on singing crappy music. I laughed.

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

There was one concert I went to that I was pissed at myself for spending the money on a ticket.

Heart. In the early 80’s. Nancy was too stoned out of her mind to play, one her backup musicians played and she pantomimed on stage.

I was *pissed*…

2. avatar Chicago Steve says:

I’m seeing Ted Nugent tommorow night in racine.

11. avatar Baldwin says:

Last time I checked, there was a control on “…who we give the f**king guns to”… you know, a background check. And if i could borrow your your emphasis a moment…a F**KING illegal infringement of a constitutionally guaranteed right!

1. avatar notalima says:

That, my friend, is exactly what they want.

Control

Power

Oppression through a malignant vision of progressive ‘freedom’

The ‘we’ they speak of is those that would hold that power, and the ‘who’ would be their lackeys, their turnkeys, their thugs and enforcers, to stamp out the light of true liberty in this country.

2. avatar LarryinTX says:

Yeah, if nobody has noticed at the DNC, they are no longer pushing for UBC, now all the emphasis is on how we need “background checks”, as if they are not already here, for 30 years or whatever! The stupid fools we keep running into are soon going to be hysterical about why we cannot require background checks! I tell you, you just could NOT make this shit up.

12. avatar glenux says:

She has displayed a wonderful knowledge of the constitution.
    Her Statist Teachers would be proud.
    “But what we can control is who we give the f**king weapons to.”
    “We give?

1. avatar notalima says:

Liberal progressive ruling class

13. avatar Gov. William J. Le Petomane says:

I miss Chris Farley.

1. avatar red Sox says:

I could hear him now. Yeah, remember that time you sang at the DNC and got all political? Um, yeah that was awesome!

1. avatar Gov. William J. Le Petomane says:

More like, ‘Remember that time I put on a wig and sang at the DNC? Yeah, that was awesome.’

2. avatar the ruester says:

I was thinking more “…hey, you gonna eat those fries?”

“LAYY OFF ME I’M STARVING!”

14. avatar DMD says:

Kesha what or who? Who is this fat ugly toad tvrd that anyone should care? DMD

15. avatar Brian says:

Using the word “give” in the way she did says so much about her point of view. The government is not mommy and daddy handing things out.

16. avatar rick says:

later her listen to Slayer

17. avatar John says:

Who is this fat beach ?

18. avatar red Sox says:

What “weapons” is she talking about, because it looks like she has been misusing glazed donuts, jelly maybe or the scary looking Boston cream with that scary black stuff on top?

19. avatar Naz says:

I watched the demorat convention a few times this week, but it caused my gut to churn that was followed by, well you’ve heard of projectile vommitting – only the other end of my alimentary canal.

If these people gain control, we’re finished.

20. avatar Amfivena says:

Fortunately I CAN control which F@#%Ing musicians I give my money to…

21. avatar Stinkeye says:

You absolutely can control who you give weapons to. But you really don’t get any say in who has weapons, and that’s the tricky part, innit?

22. OK excuse my ignorance, but, who the hell is this? I have never heard of her. Next the universe is yelling at us? Maybe if she stopped smoking crack the universe would stop yelling at her. Also, you people CAN NOT control anything. Especially who gets a weapon.

23. avatar pod says:

If she really analyzed what she said, she’d realize a few things:

– She’d be disqualified from owning a firearm because she’s a habitual user of illegal narcotics under current law.

– If the laws her pals in the “D” want are passed, she’d be further DQ’d because of her mental disorders.

– A lot of entertainers often hire an armed “thug” or two off the books to keep people away. These guys sometimes have a less-than-stellar past…

I don’t have any f**king weapons. I do have many firearms that go “bang,” but I don’t think that’s what she means.

I wouldn’t object to my guns f**king because maybe they would reproduce. But even though I lock the guns up together and play Frank Sinatra music for them, they haven’t made a single single son of a gun.

I’m beginning to think that they’re gun shy.

1. avatar Ing says:

Gun shy… 🙂 You’re playing the wrong music, Ralph. They need something a little more like this. https://youtu.be/2zhi3FmTUFg?t=1m5s

Mine haven’t reproduced yet either, but I think if I keep playing metal for them they’ll come around.

25. avatar Anon says:

This is also someone who made a false rape accusation in an attempt to get out of her recording contract…

1. avatar Naz says:

Ohhhhhhh…….

She cray cray as they say.

26. avatar Shire-man says:

It was easier to ignore her idiocy when she was hot.
    When did this happen to her?

1. avatar Indiana Tom says:

Looks like a middle age mommy. Yeah, she has changed from hot to not.

27. avatar William Ashbless says:

She’s actually got a very valid point. We should control who gets guns. Members of the Nazi Party will be able to buy them. Police Officers will get them. Those who are unemployed but show up to rally in support of Dear Leader will get them.

Those who have a different party affiliation won’t be getting them. Simple enough for her pea-brain? Probably.

28. avatar junkman says:

Never heard of the bitch–another entertainment piece of shit trying to undo what we have a right to–even Matt Damon of the ‘Jason
    Bourne ‘ movies that heavily feature weapons recently gave a speech in Australia that the U.S. should do as they did and ‘take away all of our guns, everyone of them’!–another Hollywood Hypocrite–find out the beliefs of Hollywood shit holes and DO NOT CONTRIBUTE TO THEIR WELFARE–do not spend your money on anything they are involved in.

29. avatar Erik says:

Some one should tell her rape is illegal also and look how well that stopped her producer from assaulting her.

30. avatar Tal says:

LMAO.

Can’t control who gets drugs, can’t control who gets weapons and you can’t control who gets into the country. That’s why they are CRIMINALS, because you CAN”T control people.

31. avatar FormerWaterWalker says:

When are “they” gonna’ gimme’ guns? Ke$ha sucks…

32. avatar NorincoJay says:

They understand those four words. They just don’t care.

33. avatar LHW says:

Never heard of her. And I’m 18.

34. avatar AnyMouse says:

What, exactly, is a Kesha?

Buckwheat groats. Oh, wait. That’s kasha.

1. avatar AnyMouse says:

Now, that was funny.

2. avatar Anonymous says:

A Japanese hostess trained to entertain men with conversation, dance, and song.

Oh wait – that’s a geisha.

35. avatar Dyspeptic Gunsmith says:

I have no idea who she is, but yet again, we see quite amply from her language and thought processes that the 19th Amendment was a mistake.

The 19th is why we needed the 21st.

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

Now hang on a sec, here…

They passed the 18th, in that rude shock of sobriety they passed the 19th?

1. avatar Dyspeptic Gunsmith says:

No, if you look at the history of the era, the 18th and 19th Amendments were side-by-side twins of the “progressive” movement, and in large part, the work of shrieking, vexatious shrews and their beta males, seeking to supplicate their women for a moment’s respite.

36. avatar Anonymous says:

Kesha, I don’t want to be “controlled” – so FO.

37. avatar Indiana Tom says:

But what we can control is who we give the f**king weapons to. Soooo….how did Fast & Furious, the drug cartel gifts, and the US pet projects in the Middle East turn out?

38. avatar Indiana Tom says:

So Kesha is going to give out free guns? Alright!

39. avatar Sam says:

Say what you will about Gene Simmons, but when asked what he thought about rock stars (John Bon Jovi) endorsing candidates for president, he said something along the lines of:

“I don’t think we should be taking the advice of someone who wears a guitar on their back in casting a vote for president anymore than you should take the advice of a politician who’s telling what kind of music to listen to.

Kesha should probably stick to writing music.

40. avatar Phil says:

She was surely talking about Obama and Clinton give weapons to the “moderate” muslims in Iraq and Syria… 😉

41. avatar JT says:

By the way, she claims she was raped. Look that up…

1. avatar JohnF says:

I remember the old Rodney Dangerfield joke, “My wife is so ugly, I’ll tell ya. A guy broke into our house and my wife yelled ‘rape!’ The guy yelled, NO!” Seems to apply here.

42. avatar JoeVK says:

Am I the only one who noticed that she’s dressed like a star-spangled Colonel Sanders?

43. avatar CV76 says:

Can we control the number of pies that go into that hole in your face?

44. avatar 2AForLife says:

I bet many stars including Kesha wouldn’t feel quite so safe performing while their body guards are armed only with squirt bottles! Same goes for the guy that calls himself our president. You don’t see the secret service guard him with things like pepper spray.

Take that away from those who don’t want it first, then if you’re still around later, let us know how it worked for ya and how much safer you feel.

45. avatar DaveL says:

Aww, that’s cute. Liberals think guns just magically materialize in a government warehouse somewhere, and the government then distributes them so it can control who gets them. Or maybe they think the government gives them to the NRA to hand them out. It’s hard to say.

Then again, socialists seem to think everything just magically materializes in government warehouses, so it’s not like I’m surprised.

46. avatar Fred Frendly says:

What freak said what?

47. avatar W says:

Nice catch, Sara. Thanks for letting us, who couldn’t stomach the convention, know what occurred.

So, Kesha says that the USG needs to control its citizens more due to concerns from the rest of the world. She sounds kind of like John Kerry or Barack Obama.

48. avatar js says:

What’s a “Kesha”?

49. avatar AR says:

Ke$ha and Amy Schumer really the same person? Have they ever been seen together?

Like Michael/Janet/LaToya Jackson, or Clark Kent/Superman, Bruce Wayne/Batman.

50. avatar mike says:

Is it just me that thinks her entire statement is one big oxymoron?

51. avatar DG says:

Sure we can. Obama and Holder gave 2000 guns to the Mexican Drug cartels! Then hide behind Executive Privilege. The Audacity of Change.

52. avatar J0shua says:

I’ll betcha a $10 spot fatburgers, booze and pills fuck this bitch up before anybody with a gun does? Oops, too late. Somebody owes me $10.00!

53. avatar Tim T says:

If you talk about ‘giving’ people weapons, it makes it easier for the Government to ‘buy them back’. Words mean things.