President Obama’s Statement on Baton Rouge Police Homicides

Untitled-4

“I condemn, in the strongest sense of the word, the attack on law enforcement in Baton Rouge.  For the second time in two weeks, police officers who put their lives on the line for ours every day were doing their job when they were killed in a cowardly and reprehensible assault.  These are attacks on public servants, on the rule of law, and on civilized society, and they have to stop.

“I’ve offered my full support, and the full support of the federal government, to Governor Edwards, Mayor Holden, the Sheriff’s Office, and the Baton Rouge Police Department.  And make no mistake – justice will be done.

“We may not yet know the motives for this attack, but I want to be clear:  there is no justification for violence against law enforcement.  None.  These attacks are the work of cowards who speak for no one.  They right no wrongs.  They advance no causes.  The officers in Baton Rouge; the officers in Dallas – they were our fellow Americans, part of our community, part of our country, with people who loved and needed them, and who need us now – all of us – to be at our best.

“Today, on the Lord’s day, all of us stand united in prayer with the people of Baton Rouge, with the police officers who’ve been wounded, and with the grieving families of the fallen.  May God bless them all.”

comments

In this time of national strife, we should all turn to Al Sharpton for words of consolation and healing.

Oops, did I write “Al Sharpton?” My bad. I always get Obama and Sharpton confused.

2. avatar Michael says:

Who cares what the lame duck says???

3. avatar Shire-man says:

Gun hero of the day Baton Rouge sheriff, I think, just said this isn’t about gun control this is about what’s in a mans heart.

While everybody else at the presser slobbers all over the feds and POTUS’ jock.

4. avatar MamaLiberty says:

Incredible hypocrite. Aggression is not “justified” against anyone. Ever. Being lectured by one of the greatest aggressors in history is truly ironic… and sickening.

5. avatar commonwealth109 says:

Fvck Osama, can’t wait till this prick isn’t in office anymore.

You’ll be saying exactly the same thing if Crooked Hillary is elected. And I mean exactly.

1. avatar FedUp says:

I don’t think I’ve ever heard anybody say “fvck Hillary”.
        Maybe Bill or one of his friends said it at a swinger’s party…”no, you fvck Hillary, I did it last month”.

2. avatar John in CT says:

I’m going to be saying the same thing whichever is elected, frankly. Trump might be better for gun rights in the short-term (And that’s a big “might”…) but his court nominees are bound to be the sort of pro-police-state, pro-executive-branch types who will fire up the bulldozers for the later construction of an implacable slippery slope in the years and decades to come.

1. avatar LarryinTX says:

That might be true for Trump. I doubt it, but it might, he may have fooled tens of millions of us and be laughing at his sly deception. But Shrillary PROMISES it! Pretending to read Trump’s mind while ignoring the plain expressions of contempt from her is pretty close to suicidal. Get over yourself and get on board.

6. avatar FormerWaterWalker says:

If Obama had a son…Oh wait that’s another canned speech.

7. avatar TruthTellers says:

1. Only if there isn’t a Tee Time.

2. avatar JR_in_NC says:

Probably, if he can think of another joke to tell to start it off.

3. avatar Peter Charles says:

Don’t forget climate control because that must have played a causal negative role too.

4. avatar glenux says:

“Is Barry gonna go to the funerals for these officers as well and talk about himself and gun control again?”

But he will end it with a caveat to remind us all the Climate Change is the No.#1 Threat to the Security of our Country.

8. avatar Heartland Patriot says:

Yeah, he’s condemning…because he’s getting scared about what might soon happen to his little buddies. They keep this mess up, they’re about to get their clocks cleaned, permanently.

Maybe POTUS should have Lynch investigate the Baton Rouge murderers. I’m sure that she has plenty of free time now that the Darren Wilson and Hillary Clinton investigations are all done.

10. avatar Tex300BLK says:

Nero fiddled…

11. avatar JR_in_NC says:

I’m so glad he is virtue signaling by “condemning” … cuz virtue signaling does so much to stop such things.

Mr. President, with no respect due, you are a joke among a party of idiots.

12. avatar JR_in_NC says:

“We may not yet know the motives for this attack”

Where have we heard that before?

Oh yeah. After several killers ANNOUNCED their motives for their attacks.

13. avatar Pantera Vazquez says:

Hold up……..THOSE were the words spoken by the President?
    No excoriating us over guns?
    ……………………………………………….
    I am shocked!!!

14. avatar FedUp says:

Your full support to the Baton Rouge Police Department?
    I don’t think what you said about them earlier this month has anything to do with supporting them.

15. avatar Mk10108 says:

“I condemn, in the strongest sense of the word, the attack on law enforcement in Baton Rouge.” And I’ll stomp my feet, and say more magic words, and problems caused by me fix themselves.

Jackass

16. avatar Matty9 says:

this may be the FIRST time he’s ever said the right thing. better late than never?????

1. avatar Mk10108 says:

The better question is why does he open his mouth.

17. avatar gs650g says:

He’s a day late and a dollar short to the party.

18. avatar jwm says:

I’m way past ready for this clown to be out of office.

19. avatar JJVP says:

“And make no mistake – justice will be done.” Ah, the cops kill the shooter. Justice WAS done.