New from ExtraCarry: ExtraCarry Mag Pouch

I carry an extra ammunition magazine when I’m out and about. Not just because my Wilson Combat X-TAC Commander 1911 or Kahr PM-9 are round-count challenged. The ammo mag is the single most likely point-of-failure for a handgun. Click? Tap, rack, squeeze. Click again? New mag, please! As for reloading the smaller gun, let’s just say that anyone who hasn’t left a DNA sample in the mag well isn’t operating operationally enough. Anyway, just to confuse the gun muggles, here’s a new clip for your mag. Press release [via ammoland.com]:

(courtesy extra carry.com)

Battle Ground, WA – The newly released, patent pending, ExtraCarry Mag Pouch is the newest and best way to carry spare ammo concealed.

It is lightweight and ambidextrous. Just slide it into any pocket and it looks unassuming just like any pocket knife with a pants clip. The ExtraCarry Mag Pouch securely locks into your pocket with its patent pending integrated clip. Your spare magazine is well hidden and rapidly available when you need it.

The ExtracCarry Mag Pouch is manufactured using strong and flexible nylon and has an integrated spring steel pocket clip. They are made in the USA with retail prices starting at $50.

They’re currently available for the 1911 (7 and 8 round), Colt Government 380, Colt Mustang 380, Glock 17/22, Glock 19/23, Glock 26/27/33, Glock 36, Glock 42 and 43, Keltec 3AT, Remington Rm390, Ruger LCP, S&W M&P Shield 40 and 9mm, S&W M&P Bodyguard 380, Sig Sauer P238, Springfield XD(m) 45 and 9mm and the Springfield XD-S 45 and 9mm.

More variations are on the way.The ExtraCarry Mag Pouch provides a deep pouch covering the magazine’s first exposed round along with protecting the notch in the magazine which holds it in place in a pistol. No worries about foreign objects, like coins, dirt, debris, getting stuck between the magazine pouch and the magazine or dislodging a round that could easily cause a jam.

comments

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

Fifty bucks *each*?

Cripes, does it come with a ‘Swedish Suckulator’ attachment?

1. avatar uncommon_sense says:

Yeah, I was really interested until I saw that they start at $50.

For that price I will either carry a spare magazine in my pocket, carry a spare in a multi-tool holster, or make my own minimalist magazine holder.

If they were $20, I would promptly purchase several.

2. avatar Vlookup says:

This looks like a great idea, but $50 is crazy high…you can buy a full hybrid holster from AlienGear for $43 + shipping.

3. avatar Cliff H says:

It seems to me that for $50 you should get a mag holder/hider that allows you to pull it from your pocket, jam it in the mag well, and have it automatically strip off the holder and pocket clip at the same time. Now THAT would be something special.

2. avatar Frank in VA says:

Not bad, but I prefer the simplicity and security of the DeSantis Mag-Packer, which costs half as much. The Desantis isn’t going to snag anything outside my pocket either.

1. avatar Frank in VA says:

The Mag-Packer is only $16.99 on Amazon right now, with free Prime shipping. Just ordered one for my SR9c. I already have one for my LCP, which is the same one I used for the LC9s I used to have. It’s a comfy way to carry a spare.

3. avatar EmptyJay says:

I grabbed a Horizontal Implement Case. http://www.thewilderness.com/wilderness-made-accessories/hic-horizontal-implement-case/

I like that it rides on my belt instead of in my pocket. Since I mostly pocket carry, putting a spare mag in my other front pocket is less than desirable.

1. avatar BIG Lars says:

Love Wilderness Tactical products. And excellent customer service.
      I carry a very similar pouch: Safariland model 123 horizontal mag pouch.

Easy to don and doff, and accessible with either hand.

4. avatar strych9 says:

Cool design but way too pricey at a starting price of $50.

5. avatar Bob says:

I have a snag mag for spare xds mag. Quite happy

6. avatar Rusty Chains says:

My problem with this is the fact that that side of that pocket is where I carry my EDC light clipped. The other side is my EDC blade clip (as well as being the wrong side for pulling a reload mag). Have been using inside waistband spare carrier, but not much impressed. Rapidly running out of carry space for all my EDC stuff without resorting to some high profile Bat Belt!

1. avatar Frank in VA says:

Having two things clipped in the same pocket would look more operator though. It might save you from getting robbed.

Just imagine:

Guy #1 “Yo cuz, let’s rob that fool over there”

Guy #2 “Oh, hell no. That dude got TWO things clipped in his pocket. I ain’t gonna mess with that dude. He be operatin, homie.”

7. avatar RealityCheck says:

Really – autoplay ads again? You’ve GOT to be kidding.

8. avatar Tym O'Byrne says:

My extra LCP’s mag is in the 2nd LCP i carry, one is none.

1. avatar uncommon_sense says:

I am becoming more and more inclined to carry my spare magazine in a spare handgun as well. The only downside: I carry medium-full size handguns and carrying two of them, with fully loaded magazines, would weigh something like 64 ounces. Imagine carrying 5, 12-ounce cans of your favorite soft-drink on your belt in addition to carrying a small flashlight, knife, and cell phone.

1. avatar strych9 says:

No offense but man up or kick rocks.

Imagine having to hike miles with a ton of crap on your back… that would suck. Imagine having to run miles in PT gear… that would suck. Well tons of people do it in the military.

You’ll survive, just man up.

9. avatar RobinTn says:

I might pay $50 for a mag pouch if I too carried a gun with a name longer than an overpriced overwrought fair trade drink at Starbucks.

10. avatar James in AZ says:

Auto play AD again

Do not default to tap-rack when the gun clicks! Depending on your extractor/ejector configuration you very well could be manufacturing a doublefeed.

11. avatar Klaus says:

50 bucks? I’ll keep dealing with pocket lint.

12. avatar Mike in Texas says:

Damn it. Skinny dudes get all the cool toys.

13. avatar Mikial says:

A Glock 21 with 13+1 of .45 and one extra mag is a good EDC. This is especially true since I have never, and I do mean never had a malfunction in this gun since i got it in 2001. Yeah, I carry an extra mag just in case, but I carry my Glock because I know I can rely on it. period. As for how i carry the extra mag, 5.11 and LAPG pants have built in mag pockets. Easy to get to and hold the mag up for easy access. $50 for a mag carrier? I’ll pass.