Everyday Carry Pocket Dump of the Day – Ryan Lamb

Untitled-1

Ryan works in digital media. Hence all the gear you can’t really stow in a pocket. His choice for urban ballistic carry: a Springfield XD-S in 9mm. See everything he carries at Everyday Carry . . .

comments

1. avatar jwm says:

Planning a stroll in Mogadishu?

1. avatar Frank in VA says:

Maybe just Detroit?

2. avatar formerwaterwalker says:

Ya’ here that jwm-sian hates us old fogey types. Probably Ralph too…should I tell him I frequented some of the worst neighborhoods in Chicago with nary a weapon(or cellphone)? 🙂

2. avatar formerwaterwalker says:

Good lord! Where’s the machine gun? Ya’ got everything else…

3. avatar Sian says:

Getting a little tired of the constant crusty-fogey mocking criticism of anyone who dares carry anything more than a wallet, old-fashioned folder, a stick of gum and a Colt Pocket Hammerless (with no reloads) or S&W Mod.10 snubbie.

Some of us are younger than 70 and are perfectly capable of carrying a few ounces of ‘hope I never have to use it, but if I do I’ll be glad it’s there’ gear.

1. avatar waffensammler98 says:

People make fun of me for keeping my high school backpack stuffed with useful supplies in my car. In four months I’ve had an ace bandage, a lighter, Advil, condoms, my Leatherman MUT, a T-shirt, a flashlight, and two Cliff Bars taken from this bag by friends who “desperately” needed them on various occasions. I enjoyed laughing in the faces of the ones who called my pack “a stupid idea.”

1. avatar Frank in VA says:

I’ll give you a thumbs up for keeping that in your car. However, if you actually wear the backpack everywhere you go (EDC), I think the odds of you needing those condoms is significantly reduced.

1. avatar jwm says:

I keep a full kit in my vehicle. IN. MY. VEHICLE. This is supposed to be pocket dumps.

Instead it looks like folks carry a dump in their pockets.

2. avatar Sian says:

I keep a hatchet and a spearhead (cold steel bushman! love it.) in my car, along with the trauma kit, flares, zip ties, a hat and emergency water.

Why not?

2. avatar Taylor TX says:

Yea I know what you mean, I expect those comments to usually fill up the first 5 spots. I enjoy these photos because of the wide range of stuff people carry and occasionally I see something I might want to add.

3. avatar SkyMed says:

I agree, especially in a case like this. Most of what this guy carries has nothing to do with guns. It appears most of it is in support of his photography or trail hiking.

4. avatar formerwaterwalker says:

Gee I’m soooo sorry. Forgive me young buck:)

5. avatar Tex300BLK says:

Hey, be careful throwing the “old” and “crusty” nonsense around… Im 29 and I think that 90% of these EDC duffle bag dumps are a complete load of bullshit.

4. avatar waffensammler98 says:

My buddy has one of those Trayvax wallets and I’ve been meaning to get one, they’re sick.

5. avatar Taylor TX says:

Love me some ITS gear, have the slimline and a Tall Boy on my EDC/Med bag. Doesnt hurt that theyre DFW locals either.

6. avatar James69 says:

Man, I’m naked. I only have 4 items. PA3T w 6 rounds of ARX,phone,auto folding knife and a wallet.

1. avatar Sian says:

What, no Dude Stick?

7. avatar The Next 8 Years says:

I’m just jealous of my inadequacy. Keys, cash, mini wallet, pistol, phone. Not picture worthy. Then again, I don’t Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, i.e. – Attention Whore.

1. avatar joatmon says:

Exactly. Kahr K9, blade, wallet and cell phone.
      I don’t need cord because I don’t think I’ll be rappelling any buildings soon. Field notebook? Take notes on what? Who’s at the bank when I go to make the deposit?
      Agreed on the IG, Facebook thing.

That’s not a pocket dump. It’s a loadout.

9. avatar Tex300BLK says:

And to think, if he left half of that shit at home he could probably carry a real gun.

1. avatar FormerWaterWalker says:

HA! My thought exactly…

10. avatar ACP_arms says:

How about that, I’ve been thinking about a XD-S 4″ in 9mm as a carry gun.
    My current EDC is just a Spyderco Endura 4.

11. avatar Jonathan says:

I love the guys talking crap. What you carry depends on what you do for work, and wear you live.