Everyday Carry Pocket Dump of the Day: Jeff

Untitled-1

Jeff cryptically lists his occupation as ‘government’. City? State? Federal? We don’t know. All we do know is that he stuffs a GLOCK 26 into his Filson bag (or totes it in that Galco ankle holster). See what else he’s carrying at Everyday Carry . . .

comments

1. avatar Art out West says:

Nice purse.
    🙂

1. avatar Mr. 308 says:

It’s a European carryall!

2. avatar Klaus says:

Nice shoes. Really.

I’m a shoe whore.

And a gun whore.

1. avatar Matt in SC says:

He needs to tie his shoes.

I’m a shoelace whore?

2. avatar FormerWaterWalker says:

Pocket dump=man purse?!?

3. avatar jwm says:

What we have here is a failure to communicate.

4. avatar ActionPhysicalMan says:

Some of us need man purses! I remember calling them something different in the service…. Still carried one though.

5. avatar Curtis in IL says:

Looks like a laptop case.
    Which, I admit, does tend to lower one’s testosterone level when carried.

1. avatar Ing says:

My man-purse has an IDF paratrooper logo on it, which I’ve been assured will counteract the testosterone-lowering effect.

6. avatar Shire-man says:

.gov employees are being paid too much apparently.
    As a taxpayer I’m scheduling a performance review where we will discuss your new “peoples” salary.

1. avatar JoshFormerlyinGA says:

“.gov employees are being paid too much apparently”

The last time there was a pay increase that exceeded inflation, at least for the branch of “.gov” I work for, was around a decade ago.

1. avatar Mr. 308 says:

Private sector here. My pay has gone down.

I’ll stop there.

2. avatar Texheim says:

@ my “.gov” we’ve had cola increases every year and the retirement is excellent.

2. avatar Curtis in IL says:

What about that photo tells you he’s overpaid?
      The bag certainly has some miles on it. the Shoes don’t look new, either.
      And he’s got a Glock 26, not some $2,000 Wilson Combat beauty queen.
      Handcuffs. Law enforcement. Pretty standard stuff.

7. avatar pwrserge says:

I keep seeing fancy knives in these dumps. Am I the only one that manages to get by with a $20 HomeDepot Gerber?

1. avatar jwm says:

My normal price range for knives is 20 to 40 bucks. Moras are real value for the money as are swiss army knives.

2. avatar Michael says:

I am also surprised by the high dollar knives. …I have lost/given away/broken too many knives to want to spend big bucks on knives. Love my Gerbers and Case knives.

1. avatar Cloudbuster says:

Likewise. I use and abuse (and lose) my daily carry knives so much that I just can’t justify dropping $100 or more on one.

I’d rather go through five $20 knives.

What’s really frustrating is that it’s hard to find a halfway decent balisong with a pocket clip. That’s my favorite type of knife to carry for purely practical reasons — I can open and close one-handed even with thick mittens on in a cow pasture in February, they’ll never close on your fingers, and there are no mechanisms, springs or catches to foul. But most don’t have pocket clips and are of spectacularly terrible quality because they’re catering to the “OMG BUTTERFLY KNIFE TRIXS!” crowd.

3. avatar Mr. 308 says:

Try a Benchmade, a bill or two, for something that is with you every single day, and may someday save your life doesn’t seem too much. You’ll thank me later.

Still, Gerber can make a nice knife too.

1. avatar Cloudbuster says:

Nah, I’ll drop it in a pasture or in the woods one day and be really pissed at my self for losing a $100-$200 knife.

4. avatar Geoff PR says:

“Am I the only one that manages to get by with a $20 HomeDepot Gerber?”

I’ve lost more mid-level Spydercos than I care to admit over the last 25 years.

About 5 years back, I started carrying a $1 Wal-Mart special crappy lockback.

Haven’t lost it yet.

*grrrr*

1. avatar FormerWaterWalker says:

Hey I got one too Geoff! I paid 4bucks…BTW if I ever use a knife in self-defense I’ll need a helluva’ good lawyer. Worse than a gat in Illinois.

5. avatar J says:

Nope. I carry a $10 Sheffield from Wal-Mart. If I lose it, I don’t care. I have 2 more at home in the workbench drawer still in their packaging (you know they lose value if you take them out of their original packaging, haha).

1. avatar Tile floor says:

I’ve carried a Gerber Gator for five years, used it to cut bloody clothing away, to cut someone down that was hanging, cut through seatbelt, and it’s never once faltered or failed on me. I think you can get it for 30 bucks on Amazon.

6. avatar Klaus says:

No you are not. Been carrying the same 40 dollar Boker self opening for 10 years.

8. avatar Frank in VA says:

Ah, yes, Filson. Proudly made in the USA….by a room full of Asians with green cards.

Nothing against the people making the stuff, but I have to wonder how hard Filson tried to employ American-born workers in need of jobs first.

9. avatar Stinkeye says:

Off-body carry? He’s history’s greatest monster!

10. avatar js says:

Takes some hellaciously saggy pants to fit a briefcase inside.