Everyday Carry Pocket Dump of the Day – Cameron Leonard

Untitled-1

As Cameron says, “Love a good J-frame revolver for pocket carry when I can’t carry a full size gun. A knife always comes along.” No arguments here. See everything he carries at Everyday Carry . . .

comments

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

Bob the hammer on that snubbie and it becomes more perfect…

1. avatar Frank in VA says:

Only for pocket carry, the way I see it, and then you might as well get a fully-enclosed hammer with a 642, 442, or LCR, which should keep the internals cleaner. When I carried a 637 and practiced drawing in all kinds of ways, I never snagged anything with the hammer in a way that interfered with the draw, except with pocket carry. Sometimes it caught my undershirt and lifted it slightly when drawing from IWB, but it didn’t mess up the draw.

I also liked the option of single action fire. These days, there are scenarios like firing from cover against an active shooter at a distance, where you might want that option. Unlikely, I know, but it’s nice to know the option is there. Plus I find it handy for checking sight alignment and accuracy with a given load at the range, since it cuts down on the shooter-induced deviation you get with a heavier DA pull. It gives you a benchmark to measure your DA shooting against.

1. avatar Cameron Leonard says:

Exactly. I love how light the trigger pull is when I need to be more accurate. As we all know j frames have sights that leave you wanting a tad more.

2. avatar Frank in VA says:

On the other hand, my new LCRx with 3-inch barrel has shown to be highly snag-prone in some holsters, because of the adjustable rear sight, not the hammer. I tried it in a Sticky Holster, which seemed to work OK for about a day, but once the holster broke in and softened a bit, it conformed to the covered rear sight and it started snagging badly (totally stopping the draw) at the top lip of the holster.

If you are going to carry one, chose a holster like the Mitch Rosen sold on Ruger’s website, where the holster doesn’t enclose the rear sight at all, and where the rear sight is above the belt and pants lip (if IWB) so they can’t snag there either. It is the one big disappointment I have with the gun. If Ruger made the same model with low-snag Novaks, it would be perfect. The way it is, carry options are limited.

1. avatar Ready and Willing says:

Dan when are we going to get some different women on the Ads. Damn sure don’t need to see Hillary Rotten Clinton any more.. BUICK

1. avatar Kevin says:

LMAO!

2. Trying to get those filtered out. I feel your pain.

2. avatar Dyspeptic Gunsmith says:

I’m always pleased to see how many people “going light” on these photos like revolvers.

Revolver: the original “point and click” interface.

3. avatar Specialist38 says:

Love me some 38 for simple living.

Nice.

S&W M637 with wood grips. In a word, awesome!

5. avatar Cameron Leonard says:

Thanks for the repost! She’s been seeing more use the last few weeks. It’s been hot in FL

1. avatar Specialist38 says:

It’s always hot here. My part of FL is muggy too. Stainless steel rules.

1. avatar Cameron Leonard says:

Where are you? We’ve had a hot summer. My shield has practically gotten dust on it lol might try and faze it back in soon I miss the capacity lol

6. avatar strych9 says:

Not a fan of revolvers but it is nice to see a EDC picture that’s realistic.

7. avatar SteveO says: