Blue Force Gear Quote of the Day: Chicago Airport Cops Want Guns!

2FB40C7A00000578-3380295-image-m-13_1451573951607

“I shudder to contemplate what hollow words and senseless explanation you would offer the families of the victims when they asked the inevitable questions, ‘Why were the officers running away? Why didn’t they try to stop this?”’ – Matt Brandon in Airport cops say they need guns to combat terrorists [via wfmz.com]

BFG-Long-Logo-Blue-JPG-220x39

comments

1. avatar Bob says:

“Citizens in Chicago are sitting targets for potential terrorists because they don’t carry guns and are told to run and hide in the event of an attack..”

Fixed a quote from the article. Terrorists; they don’t just attack airports.

1. avatar Binder says:

Chicago is, lets say it all together, Shall Issue.

1. avatar Chief Master says:

Yes, but good luck trying to spend a day in Chicago without going into a “gun-free” zone, enforceable by law. You can’t even use public transportation while carrying, which cuts out a huge portion of the population (much of which is lower class).

1. avatar pwrserge says:

Yup, there’s a reason I spend as little time in Chiraq as possible. Around me, I have yet to see any business I regularly visit ban guns on the premises.

2. avatar Binder says:

Outside of the loop you hardly see the signs

3. avatar Binder says:

So we from OMG we can’t defend ourselves to if I dumb enough to be caught carrying on the train I might face a class B misdemeanor.

2. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

“I’m just a security monitor, I only run and hide when there’s a problem”

3. avatar Salty Bear says:

Life is hard when you apply the law equally to citizens and supercitizens.

4. avatar C.S. says:

More guns will just make things worse. Billary 2016!

1. avatar ed says:

i just have to reply to this one in one word MORON bad guys have guns and we cant some one with a gun will save your life one day

1. avatar jwm says:

Um, ed, I think……….

2. avatar Curtis in IL says:

Well, Ed,
        1. Your comment was grammatically nonsensical and unintelligible.
        2. You failed to recognize the obvious sarcasm in the comment you replied to.

3. avatar BLAMMO says:

You used words.

5. avatar Jonathan - Houston says:

You can get farther with a clipboard, sash and a gun than you can with a clipboard and sash alone.

1. avatar BDub says:

If only it were as easy to buy a book as it was a clipboa..uh, something like that.

1. avatar c4v3man says:

It must have been a high capacity clipboard, with one of those clamping things that go up…

2. avatar John Fritz, HMFIC says:

You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.”

Alphonse Gabriel Capone (17 January 1899 – 25 January 1947)

Indeed.

6. avatar bob326 says:

Really! Wow! Un-freaking-believable. Liberals make the rules there, so this is further proof that liberalism is a suicide pact.

7. avatar anaxis says:

B-B-But….. some nutbag might take their openly carried gun and use it against him and/or others! Besides, even the sight of a gun makes people nervous, because carrying one is an act of safe-space eroding passive-macroaggression!

Oh, wait, it’s the cops that want to carry pistols? Well, then that’s okay; police officers are waaaay better trained than OFWGs and soccer-moms dropping off their privileged kids at the airport.
    ~rollseyes~

1. avatar pwrserge says:

Yup, that’s why I rarely get out of my car when I go to pick up visitors at O’Hare.

2. avatar ed says:

You have to be DUMMMMM or a Terrorist to think we are better off in gun free zones one day a Soccer mom mite save GUN FREE Zones are not save they are Target zones thing about it as a FREE Gun range with live targets an you mite be one one day and you are going to wish a Socker mom was there with a gun when you see that cops Running LOL

1. avatar Alan Esworthy says:

Punctuation is your friend. You have other friends, too, but let’s just start with commas and periods.

2. avatar Scoutino says:

Ed, your heart is in right place, but your sarcasm detector seems to be malfunctioning. You must be new around here.

3. avatar anonymoose says:

Unless they’re those mean old racist cops who kill minorities. 🙁

8. avatar jwm says:

In the 70’s I went thru Ohare quite a bit. All the guys in cop clothes then wore a sidearm. And the place was lousy with hairy krishna’s.

9. avatar Stateisevil says:

Eat cake. Until the 2nd amendment is recognized for all.

1. avatar John L. says:

…and that’s how you get OFWGs… Eating cake for decades now. 😉

1. avatar jwm says:

Chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. There’s no such thing as to much of a good thing.

1. Every year my wife asks me what kind of Birthday cake I want.
          I don’t even answer her anymore. I just cock my head and give her a sarcastic look until she says “chocolate with chocolate icing?” Uh…yeah!

10. avatar Curtis in IL says:

From the linked article:
    “The Chicago Department of Aviation has consistently maintained that a multi-faceted security plan at O’Hare and Midway is most effective and that there are sufficient number of armed police at the two airports.”

… So there are Chicago cops there, armed, and apparently the “Aviation Security” officers are pretty much like mall cops, i.e. props in their security theatre.

1. avatar formerwaterwalker says:

Yes you’re right Curtis. They are like the Walmart “cops” I see-unarmed. They don’t even have clubs,cuffs or pepper spray(atWalmart).Probably make $12/hour at O’Hare.Tom already took my line…

2. avatar neiowa says:

Yup Mall cops. Most universities arm their mall cops why not the airport mall cops? What could go wrong. AR, SAW, Barrett, gun up Rambo.

But no profiling of the mohammadans Barney.

1. avatar rdsii64 says:

Until you and I can travel with a pistol in our carry on don’t give them squat. Make them have to function the same way we do.

3. avatar Rusty Chains says:

The liberals will see no problem with this, after all, the really important people will have guns and guards with guns as well. Some animals are more equal than others.

4. avatar DaveL says:

a multi-faceted security plan

“Just so we’re clear, you’re the ‘facet’ that tries to dodge bullets while you wait for other ‘facets’ to save you.”

1. avatar Hannibal says:

Ouch

seriously, though, if you don’t need someone to be armed you don’t need a cop.

11. avatar Jonathan - Houston says:

I read today that the Japanese Supreme Court just ruled, for the second time, that the Japanese government’s policy of blanket monitoring of the Muslim population in Japan, including monitoring of mosques, halal restaurants, and other Islamic-related organizations, is constitutional.

You know what I didn’t read about today? Any Islamic terrorist attacks in Japan. Curious, that.

12. avatar DetroitMan says:

Leave it to Chicago to put the “theater” in “security theater.”

1. ATL cops are walking around with “blue” guns. They still have side arms but Mayor Reed says he will have a long gun squad. Until they get trained, I guess they get to hold fake ones. Talk about theater.

13. avatar James69 says:

I was just there 4 days ago.(Airport) Paired SWAT members walking around in full kit. Olive drab 511’s, vests,soft covers etc. No long guns though. I bet their pocket dumps are impressive. Oh yeah, hydration bladders too…… Made me think the sooner I get on my plane and back to the boonies the better.

14. avatar Marc says:

Hahaha; guess what? Chicago and Illinois still suck. At least Madigan pulled his thumb out of his ass long enough to pass a budget……for six months.

15. avatar rdsii64 says:

If honest law abiding travelers can’t bring a gun into an air port, neither should the cops. After all, aren’t cops supposed to obey the same laws they have a duty to enforce? Don’t give them squat until the people can do the same.

16. avatar Swilson says:

All this crap would be hilarious if it weren’t so egregious

17. avatar Donald says:

Nobody should be surprised by this. Chicago is in Illinois, one of the most restrictive states for gun owners. Liberal Pols don’t want the mall cops armed, it would go against their anti-gun beliefs. Mall cops are there to give directions and help the little old ladies. So they are basically just monitors and will let you know if there is a active shooter before they run and hide themselves. I wouldn’t be surprised if Illinois doesn’t become the next Hawaii requiring all guns owners to be registered into a gun registry.

1. avatar Curtis in IL says:

Not sure where you live, Donald, but I live in Illinois.
      Newsflash: We have SHALL ISSUE concealed carry, and I have a safe full of perfectly legal guns and magazines that would be verboten in several states. We can even possess hollow point ammunition (gasp!).

Sure, we have some sucky laws, like the FOID card, a ban on supressors and other NFA items. And we have a few cities with unconstitutional regulations on what their citizens can own.

Compared to Arizona, things are kind of restrictive here. But compared to most of the east and west coasts, Illinois is a gun owner’s paradise.

1. avatar Donald says:

I’m not sure if your pulling my leg or not. Guess I’ll have to research your state’s gun laws better and get back to you on your Paradise. Don from Kentuck

18. avatar Anon says:

Wait til the “Syrian refugees” take out a few churches, airports, malls, hospitals, kindergartens, grad schools, middle schools, high schools and colleges. . . . or better yet Silicon Valley and Wall Street. They might even try Congress or the Supreme Court.

Don’t get upset with me, they have already scoped out these places.

19. avatar Mikial says:

I had to read the title of the post twice to be sure I was reading it right. I knew Chicago was a city run by morons, but I was still shocked by this one. WTF? Police without guns? We saw how well that worked out in Paris during the Charlie Hebdo terrorist attack.

Glad I never go to Chicago.

20. avatar billy-bob says:

Might want to check for muslims on the force first to, you know, avoid any ‘workplace violence’ issues.

21. avatar Libertarian says:

Publich Transportation is legal in Michigan (worst case states oklahoma white felony start for all and missouri for buses) and preempt so no gun signs can ignored the are unlawfull !

The ironie in michigan you can carry only openly white the ccw in most of this places as k12 ^^

22. avatar strych9 says:

Compare O’Hare to MIA.

At MIA they have cops in full kit wandering around in groups of four toting UMP .45’s, a sidearm with at least five spare mags for the UMP.

I look at the lines there and I still think “UMP vs. S vest… Fatality! S vest wins! Next match S vest vs. Sub-Zero, Round 1… FIGHT! “

23. avatar LHW says:

Reason #1,000,001 never to go to Chicago.