Mainstream Media Eating-Up National Gun Violence Awareness Day

As you know, the mainstream media is in the bag for gun control. Today being National Gun Violence Awareness Day, the MSM is going all out for the forces of civilian disarmament. Fortunately, predictably, there isn’t an exact agenda on the table. It’s all about waving the bloody shirt, rather than promoting “universal background checks” and some other precursor to gun confiscation. Did I just say that? Yes. Yes I did. Will you hear it anywhere else in the media? No. No you won’t.

comments

1. avatar cenonce says:

In honor of gun violence awareness day, I bought a gun. So screw them.

1. avatar jeepers says:

I am not being violent or abusive to my gun, I am cleaning, oiling and striving to properly maintain it, Even giving it a pampering rubdown and polish.

2. avatar doesky2 says:

I think I got ya beat…
      1) WASR 10
      2) Bumpfire stock
      3) 75 round Romanian drum mag

I can hear Shannon wheezing on the fainting couch and it’s not because Dirk just had his way.

2. avatar Mikele says:

In honor of national liberal agenda day.. I mean gun violence day. I bought ammo and shot at the range on this beautiful day in America!

1. avatar James says:

I call it: National Gang Violence Awareness Suppression Day.

3. avatar PeterW says:

Be Aware! If you try to take my guns I WILL become violent. Have a nice day!

4. avatar Anerica says:

In honor of gun violence awareness day I sold a gun to a man who spoke only broken English and paid in fives and tens.

1. avatar KMc says:

Ha, that made me laugh!

5. avatar CLarson says:

Can’t we save some tax money and roll up these dumb advocacy days into one National Virtue Day? We can even make a generic Virtue Signal we can shine on public buildings so everyone can take selfies and feel good about themselves on Twitter.

1. avatar Warren says:

I propose it get its own color ribbon, too. Brown, for the load of BS these social awareness campaigns actually are.

2. avatar BDub says:

National Virtue Signal Day is a perfect concept. Perhaps we can invent some iconography that we can project against the overcast sky of feelz – a Social Justice, Bat-signal as it were.

6. avatar Warren says:

Seems it’s been a bust overall. Even here in liberal paradise Austin, I’ve yet to come across a single orange shirt that wasn’t Longhorns-related. My Google News feed typically is pretty good on having the headlines matching the so-called trending topics, and gun violence is nowhere on that trending topic list. Doesn’t stop the Google algorithm from pushing the story up into the headlines, though.

1. avatar Next Pres picks the Supreme Court says:

That’s a feature, not a bug.
      Does anybody really think that a company which derives its revenue primarily from selling ads doesn’t make the “Trending News” spots available for for sale?

1. avatar Warren says:

If that was the case, I’m suprised Bloomberg hasn’t paid to keep it a permanent fixture. Heavens knows he’s dumped enough money into everything else media-related.

7. avatar VaqueroJustice says:

I really wanted to open carry today, but I’m bedridden with a cold.

Others shall have to take up the banner in my stead, and fight the good fight.

1. avatar Warren says:

Ooooh. I know what I’m doing next year.

2. avatar Cliff H says:

This. Let them have their supposed “If you wear orange today you support our cause!” Even if you are required to wear orange for other reasons. The opposite idea of wearing camouflage is okay, but gets no media attention since it isn’t part of their narrative and so has little effect.

What will make an impact is that on “National Gun-Violence Awareness Day”: as many people as possible should open carry where it is legal, AND NOT SHOOT ANYONE.

8. avatar Milsurp Collector says:

What a coincidence, I just bought 100 rounds of .22 LR yesterday to teach a friend how to shoot with.

1. avatar SelousX says:

I bought ammo yesterday too! Today I had to make do with wearing my potentially extra-tactically violent desert tiger stripe cargo shorts. For the children!

2. avatar Kapeltam says:

I bought 400ish rounds of .45 acp for a bargain. Perhaps Sunday will see it sent downrange.

9. avatar peirsonb says:

I forgot about the whole camouflage thing, hopefully open carrying my XD all day makes up for it.

10. avatar tdiinva (Now in Wisconsin) says:

I forgot all about it but I did wear my realtree boonie hat when I took the dogs up into the bluffs.

11. avatar NYC2AZ says:

No camo, but I am sporting my Sig Sauer hat today.

12. avatar Obama2016 says:

Walked downtown Madison, WI not one shirt. Though there is suppose to be a moms demand action meeting at a park later. Will have to see how many people show up.

1. avatar tdiinva (Now in Wisconsin) says:

Try Champaign-Urbana or Charlottesville. I bet you will see lots of orange there. 🙂

13. avatar Rokurota says:

There’s a problem when governments take sides. That’s what parties are for.

14. avatar Soccerchainsaw says:

I thought today was June 2nd.
    Nothing on my calendar makes any mention of any sort of navel-gazing day today….

15. avatar SR says:

I’m going home after work to put on an orange shirt and open carry the rest of the day. Maybe do some shopping, go eat somewhere, we’ll see.

16. avatar Vanbulance says:

My P226 was a gift from Dad in Cali. So today, I bought my first “high capacity mag” of 13rds, flush fit, from gregcotellc.com.

Within my means, it’s my small act against this ridiculousness.

I went to a big box store to score some .22LR today (they had a ton of it so a bought a few thousand rounds) and the only orange I saw was blaze.

But I would love to see HRC, that crusty old crook, in an orange jumpsuit. Wouldn’t you?

1. avatar KMc says:

You mean Pantsuit, right?

1. avatar Ing says:

She can wear whatever she wants, as long as she does it in jail.

2. avatar jeepers says:

You dang East Coasters, Get all the good stuff, ( speaking of Product, not politics) Not much 22lr traveling West yet.
      And the bit that does make it or is available, is still kinda way over priced.
      Oh well, Good score!

How Much did those 22lr break down to price wise per 50, 100, or? What type/ brand?
      thanks, Ralph

18. avatar Wiregrass says:

Didn’t think much of it, but I will be celebrating as RO for a NRA light rifle shoot this evening.

19. avatar Klaus says:

Since the majority of gun violence is caused by people who should never wear anything except an orange jumpsuit again, the color seems appropriate.

1. avatar Andrew Lias says:

A natural fit for Hillary. She should wear orange every day.

20. avatar Jon in CO says:

Rocking the ENDO apparel “Keep calm and carry one” glock shirt today. Also carrying said Glock.

21. avatar Wilson says:

I started the day wearing a Ruger T-shirt, but it got dirty so I swapped over to an NRA shirt.

22. avatar Winterborne says:

Wore my usual old camouflage pants to work. And my “US National Waterboarding Team” t-shirt. 😉

Orange, what orange? U of L red or UK blue round these parts.

23. avatar Ing says:

What a stupid pile of crap. Is there anyone who isn’t aware that violent crime exists and is a problem?

Oh yeah, I forgot. Awareness is magic. If enough of it exists, the icky things we don’t like will go away.

After all, Lance Armstrong’s Livestrong campaign eliminated testicular cancer and the Komen Foundation’s ubiquitous pink ribbons have completely eradicated breast cancer from the world. If you wacko gun nuts would just believe, we could get rid of gun violence, too!

24. avatar Another Robert says:

Interesting, neither the MSN nor the Yahoo portals had anything about it just now. Did it end at 5pm?

25. avatar A A Ron says:

Is this the same shade of orange as blaze hunter orange?

26. avatar Jim says:

I have 2 guns with me as I leave CA on vacation. My 9mm Shield and my 638-3. I like to have options when I conceal carry.

27. avatar VF 1777 says:

I didn’t see ONE person wearing orange today, or even any shade of orange. In fact, this is the first I’m hearing about this non-event. No one cares about your silly made up charade, Libs. Run along.

28. avatar Ralph Fanootnoogle says:

I’m wearing khaki 5.11 pants, grey shirt, and went to the indoor range today to shoot. F*&k orange – too many carbohydrates. Oh yeah, and I am on Atkins too.

29. avatar SpeleoFool says:

I noticed several news stories in the Google feed, but did not see a single article of orange clothing. Again.

Last year I wore orange and OC’ed. I felt kinda awkward. About the orange. Not a single person had any clue about GVAD. But I did have a nice conversation with a guy at Gamestop about holsters.

This year I wore camo shorts and a Punisher shirt. And shoes with orange soles. Somehow that seemed appropriate.

30. avatar Keystone says:

We POTG should have a day where we all wear Brown to symbolize the shit we get flung at us on a daily basis for enjoying (and exercising) our constitutional rights.

“Stop talking, my shirt is already brown enough.”

31. avatar Colt Magnum says:

I did several errands today,on my motorcycle, north of Seattle. Didn’t see one bit of orange today. I open-carried and wore a black leather jacket as I went about my rounds.

32. avatar TruthTellers says:

Next year, it will be National Gun Violence History month and Obama will be out on the Chicago streets marching with the rest of the anti’s because he loves community organizing and he’ll have a lot of free time on his hands.

33. avatar Excedrine says:

I wore olive drab, which is kind of like camouflage, ’cause screw them.