GLOCK 19 Vs. Footballs: Just Thought I’d Leave This Here

With the Texas heat pressing down like Von Miller on Cam Newton, it’s hard to imagine that the football season is just a few months away. What better way to presage that blessed event than to shoot a bunch of pigskins with a GLOCK 19? I’m thinking of calling Roto Rooter to clear the guest bedroom sink so the condensers can drain into that waste pipe so a brace of multi-thousand-dollar Carrier air handlers can do their job, but that might just be me.

comments

1. avatar LNJK says:

So I guess I should cancel my football lined tactical vest?

2. avatar Geoff PR says:

With Texas humidity, you probably have some slimy-moldy-like funk growing in the air handler drain lines.

My comment on the video –

Gentlemen, treat *your* balls far more gently than that guy treated his. Your squeeze will thank you for it…

3. avatar Knockman says:

seems more more like its a 9mm vs a cheap Franklin football.

Unless Glock ballistics are different than any other similar barrel length nine.

But how about a Glock 19 against baseballs? Now that would be fun.

1. 147 grain Federal Hydra Shock penetrated one baseball. Tore the leather on the back but bullet remained in ball.

4. avatar neiowa says:

Would a Gluck “test” involve some eurowussie soccerballs?

1. Did you see that limp wristed throw at the beginning? This guy looks to be of the soccer persuasion. Doubt he would shoot a “futbol”.

5. avatar George Papadopolis says:

“I was gonna bring a knife with me”???????????????????? I clip my Kershaw into my boxers before i brush my teeth! He needs his man card pulled for being in between trees without a knife.

1. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

Yup. I’m a knife guy too.

2. avatar What About Bob says:

This.

Wallet, keys, phone, knife, flashlight. Every day.

Used to have the CCW too, until the boat ate it.

1. Thanks for the verbal pocket dump of the day.

3. avatar RockOnHellChild says:

Don’t get me started… I’ve seen hipsters who always pack a knife.

You don’t want to be less manly than a hipster, now do you?

6. avatar Timmy! says:

Since the “Underwater Malfunction” video post has been removed, I am forced to ask this question here. I have seen multiple… ok three, videos of AR type rifles malfunctioning where the mag gets blown out the bottom of the gun. With the exception of the underwater malf, the shooter’s response is usually the expected “drop-the-gun-and-shout-expletives” as if hit with unexpected hot/high-speed stuff. My question is: what is this particular malfunction? I’m guessing it is direct-impingement related, but that might be my “Man Crush” for Mikhail Kalashikov raising its ugly head.

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

WHY was the underwater malfunction vid yanked?

Cripes, I wanted to see it!

Found it, I *think*-

2. avatar NDS says:

When an AR explodes from a hot load or OOB detonation, much of the force is directed down the magwell, away from the shooter’s face. This is by design, and why the magazine often blows apart.

1. avatar Timmy! says:

Thank you NDS, that makes perfect sense. I hadn’t considered an out of battery situation. Now that you mention it, the number of tap-rack-clicks leading up to the bad-bang in each video makes the case for exactly that type of failure.

7. avatar Tom Brady says:

I approve of this video.

8. avatar Jordan says:

“Remember kids. The difference between science and screwing around is writing it down.”

-Adam Savage

9. avatar Bill says:

Don’t show this to the Colts, Brady will be suspended for even more games.

10. avatar Alfonso A. Rodriguez says:

This guy needs meaning to his life. What a miserable and moronic waste of time and money.

1. avatar =BCE56= says: