DeSantis Gunhide Question of the Day: What’s Your Barbecue Gun?

I don’t really have a “barbecue gun” – a fancy schmancy pistol that you open carry at a barbecue to show friends and family that you’re a man of wealth and taste. I wear my Wilson Combat X-TAC Commander-sized 1911 same as always. But you know what? I’m thinking of swapping that out for the Texas edition SIG SAUER gifted to me by a good friend. Only I haven’t shot it yet. Safe queen on the hip? Not hip. That’s my take (to the barbecue). What’s yours? Oh and don’t drink to excess and carry, even in your own backyard.

desantis blue logo no back 4 small

comments

1. avatar Binder says:

A $2500 1911 is a barbecue gun

2. avatar Vanbulance says:

My future plan is a brushed silver 1911 or P229 in 9mm, in a brown leather holster of reputable quality. 1911 can be bought that way, or I’ll Cerakote the 229

3. avatar dph says:

So much fail here, a block of smouldering wood on a gas grill? Internal temperature of about 225* (only needs to be about 190*)? Plus, everybody knows you never BBQ a plastic gun, you should always go with a cheaper gun with more fat (something like a Mosin)if you don’t want a dry, stringy gun at the end of the cook. And don’t even get me started on the choice of beer, something from “murica not good enough?

If I had a BBQ gun, it would be one that tastes like chicken.

5. avatar RandyN says:

At our family reunion you have to bring your whole arsenal. I don’t care how fancy it is no one is going to be impressed with just one.

6. avatar B says:

P226 or 1911. Maybe a Hi Poiwer. Though those are really just regular carry guns.

7. avatar PeterW says:

I don’t have one, but if I did it would be a ridiculous revolver like a .460 or .500 S&W in a chest rig over my “kiss the cook” apron.

8. avatar Z says:

Colt Delta Elite, pretty and 10mm.

9. avatar JFRAME says:

Springfield EMP 9mm G10. matching Belt & Holster.

10. avatar Bud Harton says:

My German Pistole 640(b) (Browning HiPower) that I carried for almost three years in Vietnam as a helicopter crew member:

I wrote about it for TTAG in the P320 contest (which I didn’t win…..sob!)

1. avatar jwtaylor says:

You win.

2. avatar Mikial says:

Wow, classy piece. Carried one for a while in Iraq.

As for your story, I would have voted for you to win.

11. avatar Specialist38 says:

Ruger Vaquero Stainless in 45 LC of course.

12. avatar Dave says:

Don’t have one. Thanks to the lovely economic factors of recent years, my best weapons are a Kalashnikov clone, a Cz 75 clone, and H&R’s Chinese ripoff of the 870.
    That, a few mil-surps, and a few other odds and ends.
    Nothing to write home about.

13. avatar Swilson says:

Isn’t a Wilson Combat a fancy schmancy gun indicative of wealth and taste?

14. avatar Geoff PR says:

A Cherry Pop-Tart carefully gnawed into the shape of a Steyer Aug…

1. avatar Kapeltam says:

That takes skill. LOL don’t get your kids suspended now!

15. avatar Kapeltam says:

Stainless Ruger New Model Super Blackhawk. So I can kill it and grill it.

16. avatar Mikial says:

Same thing I carry around the house every day . . . my ugly old Glock 21. Wearing it right now as I type.

17. avatar tsbhoa.p.jr says:

a mini super soaker to quell the schmaltz flare – ups, water/ vinegar.

18. avatar Timmy! says:

Before I read what Peter W said above, “it would be a ridiculous revolver like a .460 or .500 S&W,” I was thinking my stainless PT-92 with faux pearl grips (AKA my “Pimp Gun”) or stainless 1911 with purple Hogue grips. His thinking reminded me of my “Yosemite Sam Gun”… a Taurus Judge with 6” barrel!

19. avatar Mark N. says:

I don’t barbeque any more, but if I did, it’d be an 1861 Colt .36 cap and ball or an 1873 Colt SAA in .357 (both are clones) in a hand carved Purdy Gear Sacramento Rose Slim Jim holster and belt that I should be getting right in time for my birthday next month.

20. avatar steel says:

Inox Beretta 92.

If I’m dreaming – Beretta bilennium 😉

21. avatar q says:

Glock 43 in pocket or IWB.

22. avatar Matt in TX says:

Smith and Wesson Mod. 66 .357 Polished to shine! I still need a fancy holster.