7 IDPA Shooters You Know: Just Thought I’d Leave This Here

h/t everydaynodaysoff.com

comments

1. avatar Anonymous says:

WTF. TTAG redirect took me here:

Where it automatically made a download request and downloaded a mysterious executable masked as an Adobe flash player update. Unbelievable guys.

1. avatar Anonymous says:

VirusTotal tells me its this:

AVG Generic.FE0 20160602
      Qihoo-360 QVM03.0.Malware.Gen 20160602
      Rising Malware.XPACK-HIE/Heur!1.9C48 20160601
      Tencent Win32.Trojan.Ocna.Tcck 20160602
      VIPRE LooksLike.Win32.Malware!vb (v)

2. avatar Anonymous says:

BTW

Here is the owners name, address, and phone number:

Here is a youtube video (someone else made) showing exactly what the redirect looked like (An adobe flash player page):

Registrant Email: admin@aongeheinz.com
      Registry Admin ID:
      Admin Name: Tommy M. Thompson
      Admin Organization: NA
      Admin Street: 2030 Wilson Avenue
      Admin City: Plano
      Admin State/Province: Texas
      Admin Postal Code: 75074
      Admin Country: US
      Admin Phone: +1.9724772477

1. avatar 16V says:

Hokey smokes. You need some better v-ware. I got a video, nothing more.

1. avatar Anonymous says:

It wasn’t when I clicked the video. It was when I loaded this page.

2. Cute Traffic is just some kind of publishing monetization setup. I don’t know what it had you installed, but it’s probably just some kind of tracker/ cookie type thing.

1. avatar Anonymous says:

It didn’t install anything. It just automatically downloaded “flashplayer.exe”

Which I didn’t execute.

2. avatar Robert Farago says:

We are taking all these ads off-line today.

2. avatar Pantera Vazquez says:

Not I, after Anonymous’ debacle…….think I will pass………

3. avatar Alex waits says:

I found that on YouTube a few days ago, hilarious.

1. avatar NineShooter says:

I was laughing so much I was short of breath at the end.
      Funny, FUNNY stuff!

4. avatar FedUp says:

If you go to youtube and watch video iYGFDZkTWCk there shouldn’t be any malware that Google doesn’t want you to have. (yeah, really makes you feel safe, doesn’t it?)

5. avatar lowhouse5 says:

Once again, you guys are completely full of crap about fixing this site.

I so want to link some of the great information here to those that I could bring to our side. But I can’t because your site is so embarrassing.

At this point I’d trust Katie Couric’s words before yours.

1. avatar Stu in AZ says:

You lose more credibility than The Truth or Couric when you exaggerate this much. ?

6. avatar Cerickson says:

Best. Ever.

7. avatar Pascal says:

Hilarious, but the only shooter I know is the guys that only show to shoot and never help! Sigh!

1. avatar FedUp says:

Does unnecessarily looking around for threats make me Mr Fight Like You Train?

If not, I must be Mr Too Old For This…

1. avatar 16V says:

Don’t feel too old. I remember IPSC had the same basic characters back in 1980.

It was founded in 1976…

8. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

That was some funny stuff! And yup, I’ve seen most of those guys.

9. avatar derfel cadarn says:

You left out Mr. Lame, he was behind the camera.

10. avatar tsbhoa.p.jr says:

been gettin’ those fakey adobe updates for awhile.

1. avatar JasonM says:

It could be worse. You could have actual Adobe software installed on your computer.

11. avatar W says:

Excellent video.

12. avatar Kevin says:

They forgot the Huell Hauser: repeats every, single, instruction back to the RSO in the form of a question: “you mean to tell me it’s a mandatory magazine change behind cover, then engage in tactical order?”

13. avatar uncommon_sense says:

This was excellent.

Unfortunately, I almost missed it because the headline made me think it was about real people at IDPA rather than a comedy spoof.

14. That’s USPSA they’re shooting, both gear and targets. Just saying.

15. avatar AgingDisgracefully says:

What are the glasses Mr. “Fight Like You Train” is wearing? Can be seen clearly around the 25 second mark.

1. avatar Marko Ram says:

SUPERSETCA say Holmes brand from Home Depot

16. avatar jwtaylor says:

Sadly, I’m probably closer to the “it takes a village” than anything else. I don’t need anyone to do my shooting or tell me when to reload, but god bless my tiny black heart, I can not get a course of fire right to save my life.