New Hampshire Car Dealer Offers “Free” AR-15 with Car Purchase

NH Hagan's Motor Pool Free AR15

A New Hampshire business is cashing in on the high popularity of the AR15 style rifles. Owner Mike Hagan is a combat vet of Afghanistan. His company offers a veterans’ discount as well. He isn’t intimidated by political correctness. From nh1.com:

Owner Mike Hagan, of Hagan’s Motor Pool Auto Repair and Sales, told Fox25 that several people have taken him up on the deal so far.

“I have given away four AR-15s and one 9mm handgun, which is the other option if you don’t want the AR-15,” he said.

Hagan has partnered with a nearby gun store for the promotion.

“They go to the dealer and pass their background check. If they don’t pass they don’t get the weapon it’s that’s simple,” he said.

Using popular and desirable items as a value added means of attracting customers is as old as trade. Those who see opportunities and are willing to act on them are rewarded.

The revelation that Hagan’s Motor Pool is offering AR15 rifles with their vehicles has turned into a marketing bonanza for the company. It is getting advertising that it could not buy for millions of dollars.

The story is being covered at Boston.com, in the Boston Globecbslocal.com in Pittsburgh, the Union Leader in New Hampshire, on fox25boston.com,  across the nation, and internationally.

Over half of paying customers in the United States associate guns with safety.  Hagan is going to bring in a lot of paying customers.  People who despise guns tend to be clustered in urban centers, and many are not interested in owning vehicles.

It is likely luck that Mike Hagan’s promotion hit at a time when the media is pushing gun control as hard as it can. Promotions like this take preparation, coordination, and planning. Things veterans learn to do well. But luck is often defined as the moment that preparedness meets opportunity.

Both have come together for Hagan’s Motor Pool.

©2016 by Dean Weingarten: Permission to share is granted when this notice and link are included.
Link to Gun Watch

comments

1. avatar FormerWaterWalker says:

You guys need a goofy “LIKE” button (ala fakebook). Great idea and not like that weenie fascist with the Maine restaurant…

2. avatar Jeff the Griz says:

AR’s have been selling quickly again. I wonder if he will run out of them before he runs out of cars to sell?

1. avatar jwm says:

I was in a Big 5 today in the bay area CA getting my hunting license renewed. They had 5-6 CA legal AR’s for sale. Prices ranged from mid 500’s to high 900’s.

And they had a whole butt load of short shotguns.

2. avatar Art out West says:

I just went over to the “dark side” and bought my first AR15 yesterday (Ruger AR-556 $599). I’ve been more of a “Russian gun guy” (AK SKS Mosin fan).

I’ve been thinking about an AR for a while, and decided I better get one while I can (and a few PMAGS for it).

Thanks to the Democrats for encouraging me to buy one.

1. avatar Red in CO says:

Nice. I personally prefer AK’s, but the AR platform is America’s favorite rifle for a reason, and every self-respecting american gun enthusiast should own at least one of each.

2. avatar uncommon_sense says:

Art out West,

I recommend acquiring at least 10 magazines total. If you really shop around, you can find new PMAG magazines for under $12 each — especially if you don’t mind getting them in desert tan color or the older/first generation that does no support a dust cover.

1. avatar Art out West says:

The gun came with one PMAG, and I bought seven more for a total of eight. I think I’ll pick up another four or so. A dozen makes a lot of sense (though I’ve only got eleven mags for my AK). I need to start stacking .223/556 ammo as well. I only picked up 200 rounds to start with (I do have a much larger stash of 7.62×39 and 54R).

3. avatar Mikial says:

Apex Gun Parts has Israeli CAA polymer mags with their very cool countdown feature on sale for $19.98. CAA is pretty much the Israeli version of Magpul and these are great magazines. They have a small clear window near the bottom of the back of the magazine that gives you a remaining round count without having to drop the mag. The Apex price is about $8 less than buying them from CAA would be. I’ve used Israeli poly mags for a long time and they are virtually indestructible.

3. avatar Anonymous says:

Nice!!!

4. avatar ready,fire,aim says:

either way this works out he will be in the news with free publicity …smart move…

5. avatar surlycmd says:

Dealer installed rifle mount in the trunk too? That would br the proverbial icing.

6. avatar Martin Gomez says:

I like this guy. He has balls. I like balls.

1. avatar Vhyrus says:

Not sure if tmi or bad phrasing…..

1. avatar Ing says:

Both. 🙂

7. avatar Art Grindel says:

Now the gun control coconuts will want a ban on “Free Gun Deals”.

8. avatar Mikial says:

Great idea. I wish there’d be a dealer around here with a deal like when I’m ready for my next vehicle. My wife would like the deal as much as I would. Way to stick it to the Libs! 😉

1. avatar Jeff the Griz says:

I just got a new-pre owned car last month.

9. avatar Rick the Bear (now in NH!!) says:

Nice!

10. avatar LHW says:

Hope this brings him a lot of attention and business.

11. avatar mer says:

Great now we have a “car dealer loophole”

😉

12. avatar Alanstorm says:

IIRC, Mountain Home Auto Ranch here in Idaho does something like this every year. Your choice of a shotgun or rifle.

13. avatar Timmy! says:

Ok, this is a legitimate question. This is NOT considered a straw purchase because the person taking final possession of the gun passes the 4473 BGC regardless of who is handing over the “cash,” right?

1. avatar Mikial says:

That is correct, it is not a straw purchase because the person who will take possession of the gun as the legal owner must undergo and pass the background test. No one else does that for him/her. If he doesn’t pass, he doesn’t get the gun. Period.

14. avatar Dave B. says:

This is my neck of the woods. If the nearby gun store is the one I think it is, its inventory may have just gone up in smoke. It was part of a 3 building, 6 alarm blaze today. I’ve seen some photos, hard to tell the state of the buildings interior.

1. avatar Dave B. says:

Update: Looks like the inventory is safe, the building was mostly saved.

1. avatar Rick3 says:

Wow!
        That’s not suspicious at all…