Minnesota Gas Station Discourages Robbers by Offering Discount Fuel for Gun Carriers

Discount for Carry Permit Shell gas MN 2016

Another business discovers the advantages of welcoming the gun culture and supporting the Constitution. In Minnesota, a gas station has found a way to disuade robbers by welcoming people with guns. “After getting robbed twice over the last three months, the owner of a Shell gas station in Sauk Rapids wanted to get more customers during the evening, hoping it would improve safety,” kstp.com reports. “Last week, station owner Frank Schwagel offered a 10-cent-per-gallon discount for law enforcement or people with proof of permit to carry after 7 p.m. each day.”

Much research has shown, over and over again, that people who obtain permits to carry guns are incredibly peaceful and responsible, much more so than the rest of society. They are several times less likely to commit crimes than police officer. Inviting people who carry guns legally to your business is similar to running a donuts shop that police officers frequent. Your chances of getting robbed are greatly reduced (even if the officers’ waistbands are greatly increased).

©2016 by Dean Weingarten: Permission to share is granted when this notice and link are included.
Link to Gun Watch

comments

1. Boy a good idea. If more businesses did this, less businesses would be robed.

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

Some folks at a business should never be dis-robed…

(rimshot)

2. avatar Rick K says:

A business acquaintance of mine bought some stuff from me for his own personal use a couple weeks ago. I gave him an invoice and showed a “15% gun lover discount”. He laughed his butt off when he saw it. About an hour later he came back with a generous gift card to a local restaurant. What goes around comes around!

3. avatar RockOnHellChild says:

When I quote jobs to customers, I add a douchebaggy liberal 10% contingency… Does that count?

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

In your case it’s a legitimate business expense.

Dealing with ass-clowns is quite stressful and good scotch therapy isn’t cheap…

1. avatar RockOnHellChild says:

Indeed.

Fortunately, or unfortunately, there aren’t too many in my area and profession.

4. avatar Smoke Jensen says:

I just drove back to Texas from Minnesota yesterday. I turned in my Weapons permit application to the Dakota Co. Sheriff’s Dept. Nice lady took my app and said you’ll get it soon in the mail. They have 30 days to deny or issue your permit. Oh, they only charge $75.00 vs. $100.00 for Hennepin Co.

5. avatar Gabe says:

I would gas up there but it’s over an hour drive for me.

1. avatar Michael says:

I also live a little over an hour from there. Happen to be going thru this weekend, I’ll fill up and purchase some other gas station fare to support this business. Wish more would follow suit.

6. avatar FormerWaterWalker says:

What a great idea! I buy all my gas in Indiana-lot’s of CC and a few open folks…

7. avatar SteveInCO says:

I approve of this man’s practice…but can’t figure out why one would want quotes around what he quoted. Unless he’s one of those poor guys who thinks quotes are for emphasis.

I had a realtor one time who thought the same thing. When someone tried to skin me down on my asking price he sent them a letter touting the “new” roof and the “air conditioning” (complete with quotes) and I was about ready to fire him on the spot; don’t make it look like a so-called new roof when it really is a new roof, jackass!

/rant

carry on!

8. avatar ucfgrad93 says:

I’d totally go there to buy gas if I lived anywhere near it.

9. avatar Martin Gomez says:

The store owner should consider making the store a gun-free zone. Armed robbers cannot enter a gun-free zone. They have to move on to rob stores that are not in gun-free zones.