Wear Camo on June 2nd!

(courtesy twitter.com)

Hare kṛiṣhṇa, hare kṛiṣhṇa, kṛiṣhṇa kṛiṣhṇa, hare hare, hare rāma hare rāma, rāma rāma hare hare. I would have loved to have been at the meeting where the gun control jihadis‘ marketing mavens decided what color their supporters should wear on June 2nd. Black? Too depressing. I wear black all the time. Green? Taken. Yellow? Too cheerful. Why someone didn’t remind the group that the Krishnas have staked out orange, I don’t know. But I do know that The People of the Gun should wear camo — yes hunting camo — on June 2. And given that everything in the world is available in camo, it shouldn’t be too much of a logistical issue. You in?

comments

1. avatar Priest of the center mass says:

Good shit….want some.
    Oh wait….it’s the 29th…lol
    Oh yea…next month….I’m there dude.

2. avatar Wilson says:

I see this as rather pointless. Odds are 90%+ of the people who happen to wear orange on this day are wearing it because it came up in their clothing rotation and have no idea about this “cause”.

I’d bet the same for the people who wear camo on that day.

1. avatar Joel says:

I think I have some of that blaze orange camo…… Hmmmm…

FYI, it says ‘May 5th’ on the bottom of the article. Cut and paste not edited properly maybe?

1. avatar Wilson says:

I read the typo, which I assume is what it is. I LOLed especially hard when the first comment pointed it out.

Either way, we need to ban high tech “assault” keyboards now!

Edit: I now see that said comment has been removed. I guess that’s the “flaming policy” at work.

1. avatar O-Hebi says:

If that is the case (I saw it there yesterday) then the flamer, in truth, is whomever made the rather large mistake and STILL has it there. Major facepalm!

3. avatar Wreckerman says:

How about those of us who can wear orange and open carry?

4. avatar Cliff H says:

Regardless of the truth in Wilson’s comment, I will make a point of wearing camo of June 2nd and NOT wearing my usual safety orange shirt to work. I’ll wear the safety green shirt instead.

A lot of people wear the orange as a mater of course with nothing to do with bogus political statements and a lot of people wear camo. But the momentum of a movement does not start all at once like a rocket, it has to build over time. Camo on 6/2 may be symbolic, but what the hell.

5. avatar Priest of the center mass says:

What if you only have orange camo?

6. avatar Jeff the Griz says:

June 2nd, May 5th. Rabbit season, no duck season FIRE!

1. avatar Crowbar says:

You’re despicable. Ha!

7. avatar Nate in the land of townships says:

I have to wear orange on the second because I work in the township parks and our work shirts are orange. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

8. avatar Tex300BLK says:

Sounds like a good time to wear orange and OC (void where prohibited by law).

“The People of the Gun should wear camo — yes hunting camo — on May 5th.”

Good. That gives us almost a year to prepare.

And BTW, I’m not wearing orange unless I’m in prison.

10. avatar Mark N. says:

How about hunting camo with an orange hunting vest and cap–preferably a cap with an NRA logo?

11. avatar MiniMe says:

There are choices like this one:

Or this one:

Either one will probably make the Demanding Mommies (and their ilk) heads spin in “triggered” anger and they’ll run & hide in their “safe spaces.”

😉

1. avatar Wiregrass says:

I usually wear a camo hat around anyway, but I can’t even find any demanding mommies around here to get worked up over it.

12. avatar Mikial says:

Since both the title and the original anti item referenced in the article mention June 2nd, I think it’s safe to say May 5 is a typo. Having said that, I agree that they really should proof these articles before they’re posted. And yes, my wife and I will wear camo on June 2.

13. avatar ACP_arms says:

I have a orange hunting vest with a Montana FWP hunter-ed grad patch on it.
    Missoula is the only place that heads might spin but the the town I’m in I’d be
    asked why I’m wearing the vest in June… So I’m not going to.

14. avatar C.S. says:

Cinco de mayo, por que?

15. avatar LHW says:

Will probably wear camo anyway.

16. avatar Frank in VA says:

I’ll be wearing orange. Stickers, that is.

17. avatar js says:

June 2nd? Why does the article also say May 5?

18. avatar CCDWGuy says:

I think you meant June 2nd not May 5th unless you are working on next year’s Cinco de mayo

19. avatar Pascal says:

Wear Orange NRA/Pro-gun items and visit a Starbucks and pay with a $2 bill — that should be wonderful since many of those gun hatters frequent that coffee shop.

20. avatar Geoff PR says:

If I stay home on June 2, I can tell people that I wore camo so good, they never saw me…

21. avatar Imp says:

I vote for orange/orange camo holsters!

22. avatar Pedro says:

Oops, May 5th already taken by the Cinco de Mayo crowd.

23. avatar Will from Oregon says:

I’ll be wearing a digitized tiger stripe ensemble courtesy of Uncle Sam.

24. avatar Special K says:

Where can I get a camo tie on short notice?

1. avatar Mosinfan says:

Macy’s and Nordstrom both sell camo neck ties. Basspro and cabelas do not. Strange world. Several online sources also.

25. avatar tdiinva (now in Wisconsin} says:

I will wear my blaze orange Browning hat that I wear during hunting season.

26. avatar Stinkeye says:

Sometimes, a counter-protest just draws more attention than the original protest would have garnered on its own. I think it’s better to ignore stupid shit like this, and let the two or three dozen people who think they’re “making a difference” by wearing a certain color have their sad little circle-jerk while the rest of the world continues to ignore them.

27. avatar Michael says:

Of all days this stupid crap is on my birthday /)_<

1. avatar Jedi Wombat says:

Mine too, gonna OC that day. I’m going to the range as well, so I won’t wear camo. I don’t want to be “that guy” at the range.

28. avatar Jordan says:

That sounds like a wonderful day to go to the range. If I didn’t have to work, I would totally go to the range and shoot more than I normally do. I even have orange targets. Alas, they have chosen a day that does not work for me. Oh well, better luck next time.

29. avatar Slowroll says:

Really wish they wouldn’t do this shit on my birthday, also wish they would pick another color as well I’m sure any people of the gun of Dutch or Ulster heritage can agree

1. avatar BDub says:

I would be very surprised to find any Orangemen that didn’t toe the unionist line on guns – publicly at least.

30. avatar Some Bloke says:

I’ve just never seen a gun get violent. If I did, I’d probably ignore it and mind my own business. Best not to get into a quarrel with a firearm that has acquired not just independent mobility but also a personality and a tendency toward grumpiness.

31. avatar Shwiggie says:

I don’t wear camo and won’t start. But I would be willing to break my custom and OC that day.

32. avatar Henry says:

“Orange is the new leper bell.”

33. avatar BDub says:

T-shirt activism is only one notch above hashtag activism…and its a loose notch.