Funny or Die on Safe Storage: Just Thought I’d Leave This Here

I gotta admit it: I laughed twice at this video. Maybe even with it. Obviously, it’s over-the-top anti-gun agitprop. But it beats the hell out of all that bloody shirt waving of which gun control advocates are so fond. I mean, in terms of watchability. I found the bit where  the daughter brought her Daddy his AK — with appropriate muzzle discipline — entirely endearing. Anyway, I wonder if pro-gun rights folk could make a funny video about safe storage that doesn’t lampoon gun owners. Not so easy, eh Mr. Bond?

comments

1. avatar Binder says:

The only thing better would be a Shannon Watts reaction video for this.

2. avatar Specialist38 says:

The gun magic stuff was pretty funny.

Could have been a useful PSA is they hadn’t tried to paint the “gun guy” as a nut.

Should I feel bad for laughing?

3. avatar Anonymous says:

It was pretty funny. I laughed. But seriously unrealistic.

Furthermore, If I had a safe, that is one less gun that I would be able to have (cost of the safe). I’m not doing that. No way.

1. avatar Specialist38 says:

I think two guns is the price of a safe. I like Ruger.

I don’t agree but I do understand.

1. avatar Vhyrus says:

See, I actually think two safes are the price of one gun.

I like stack-on.

1. avatar SteveInCO says:

I can break into some stack-ons without the use of tools. Reconsider that, they’re utter crap.

2. avatar 16V says:

Pretty much any safe with an electronic lock is vulnerable to a hockey-puck (or smaller) sized Neodynium magnet. Apparently, even the chuckleheads who sell the dreck aren’t aware of their products, umm, limitations.

I told a guy selling ~$1500 safes that I could get in his in under 15 seconds without damaging it. He offered to bet me the safe, I offered anything that easy to get into wasn’t really worth anything to me. Went to car, came back with the magnet…

(Not me, just a guy doing the same thing)

4. avatar Martin Gomez says:

That was funny as hell. Almost as funny as Crooked Hillary saying she landed under sniper fire when there’s video of her greeting kids on the tarmac. That’s a hoot and a holler.

5. avatar tfunk says:

Def laughed at the gun magic stuff 🙂

6. avatar qajaqon says:

Wow, my stomach did not turn.

Nice car in the driveway.

7. avatar DrVino says:

AK47s did not come with an underfolder stock….

But the way the little activist ran off was funny.

1. avatar pwrserge says:

I was just sitting there going… “I wish my kids would clean my guns…”

2. avatar willford says:

Yes Ak’s did come with underforlders.

3. avatar ThomasR says:

Nope, Drvino, Google AK-47 underfolder. They’re also fairly ubiquitous in news views when showing scenes of the war torn mid-east and shoot’em up movies of the same.

8. avatar Matt in FL says:

I laughed. Gun magic was the best part, but I also liked the “No soliciting” at the end, because well, read the damn sign, ya dimwit!

9. avatar BLAMMO says:

Die.

Of the two options, that’s the one I’d pick.

10. avatar CLarson says:

Amy Schumer could take some comedy lessons from these guys.

1. avatar Rusty Chains says:

There you go making the assumption that Amy would recognize humor without someone there to turn on the laugh light to tell her something was funny.

11. avatar Rick the Bear (now in NH!!) says:

I’m surprised that the comments weren’t disabled.

12. “Anyway, I wonder if pro-gun rights folk could make a funny video about safe storage that doesn’t lampoon gun owners. Not so easy, eh Mr. Bond?”

Challenge accepted!

In the meantime, maybe check out the two videos we’ve got up. :

Couch- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRFckJss9ic
    New Targets, Part 1- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X–gNxOv0-g

13. avatar pg2 says:

Maybe everyone has already seen this?

14. avatar Stephen J says:

No trigger discipline is funny to these people I guess. Every video is someone just waving a prop at people’s faces. The gun magic was pretty funny, but this came off as more of a sarcastic jab at anti-gun groups by annoyed gun owners than what they intended.