A New Sight From Holosun

dsc05260

Holosun Technologies will soon be shipping the HS510C, their first open reflex sight. As with many of the company’s other sights, a solar panel provides power in most situations. The HS510C is encased in a titanium housing, and after watching the Holosun reps whacking it on the concrete trade show floor for every customer who showed interest in it, it seems to do the trick. More pics follow . . .

dsc05263

T&E unit has been requested.

dsc05259

dsc05261

dsc05264 dsc05265 dsc05266

comments

1. avatar Jason says:

Saw it at NRA AM. Looked very impressive. As someone who has astigmatism, most red dot and holographic sights appear like a sunburst or streaky dot. Did not have the same issue with this sight. Can’t wait for your review.

1. avatar Anon in CT says:

Interesting – I have the same problem. Eotechs look like complete crap to me. RMRs are ok as long as one keeps the brightness down and use the 3 MOA size (which to me looks like 6+ MOA anyway).

2. avatar Wilson says:

Sounds like someone has LASIC in their future.

2. avatar notalima says:

Is Holosun the OE for most of Primary Arms in-house red dots?

1. avatar A A Ron says:

Yup!

3. avatar Gerald says:

Now when will Sig sell it for double the price and with their logo?

4. avatar boardsnbikes says:

Branding not large enough. Seriously, my next purchase after the HS510C would be a can of spray paint.

5. avatar Jason says:

I have one of their red dots and it’s a good, solid optic.

However, on all of my guns that are set up for potential SHTF/HD use I have American made optics on them.

1. avatar ChainsawWieldingManiac says:

I run Holosuns on my 9mm PCCs and 22lr rifles. Excellent for the purpose.

6. avatar VF 1777 says:

Weight = 9.3 oz.

I consider an Eotech almost too heavy for a red dot at 8 oz. An Aimpoint Micro on a good QD mount is around 5 – 5.5 oz. An MRO on a good QD is a little over 6 oz.

I know it doesnt sound like a lot but it can quickly add up and slow down a rifle, which defeats the purpose of a red dot in the first place. 9.3 is just too heavy for my preference, I’d just stick with an Eotech if i wanted the 65 moa ring (and stay away from the arctic or desert haha). For me though, MRO gives me the big FOV, light weight, battery life and durability i want in a red dot – at a reasonable price point.