L2D Combat GLOCK Parts

dsc05210

L2D Combat is a fairly new player in the GLOCK aftermarket world, making what appear to be extremely high quality parts right here in the US. The website still needs to be built out, but we’re looking at stainless steel barrels, slides, optics mounts, internal parts, magwells, magazine base plates, and more. The barrels looked particularly great, and I’m now inspired to acquire a Ransom Rest and test all of the aftermarket GLOCK barrels for accuracy. Until then, pictures . . .

dsc05205 dsc05214 dsc05215 dsc05216 dsc05212 dsc05211 dsc05209 dsc05208 dsc05213 dsc05206 dsc05207 dsc05217 dsc05204

comments

1. avatar Vhyrus says:

So apparently combat = racegun now.

1. avatar The Dude Abides says:

No. But those gold slides? *Those* are combat material.

1. avatar Jeremy S. says:

That all depends on which third world country you’re the dictator of.

2. avatar Jon in CO says:

I like the idea of having those awesome colored slides and such, but for the price most of the companies are charging for a slide, I can buy another Glock pistol.

Some people have just too much cash to blow I guess.

3. avatar Mark says:

If you modify the internals of a gun that is used for self defense, then you could be in some big time legal trouble. Hopefully people know that and are just using these souped up guns for range fun.

1. avatar ai338 says:

Can you site the court cases where internals have been used as evidence?

2. avatar RocketScientist says:

If you repeat old-wives tales and urban legend on the internet that aren’t based on one shred of evidence from the real-world, then you could be in some big trouble in the comments section. Hopefully people know that and are just repeating this adages for trolling fun.

4. avatar Dyspeptic Gunsmith says:

Why does a Glock need aftermarket parts? I thought a Glock was “Perfection.”

The GLOCK company tells me that… incessantly, in fact.

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

DG, I’m curious, what are common GLOCK failures that you’ve seen come through your shop?

What tends to break?

1. avatar Clay-in-UT says:

Aesthetics

1. avatar Dyspeptic Gunsmith says:

Well, the aesthetics don’t “break” on a Glock – the Glock was born as ugly as sin, and won’t get any better.

I don’t care how much beer you drink, you’ll never turn a Glock into a prom queen of a gun.

2. avatar Dyspeptic Gunsmith says:

I don’t work on Glocks much. I refer Glock owners back to Glock for service issues (because most Glock owners think they shouldn’t have to pay for them, and I’m not going to get any money out of Glock on their issues), and the aftermarket jobs that people usually want to bring to me, I don’t want for liability reasons (eg, making a Glock trigger less than 5 lbs).

I’ve seen sights broken off (I don’t know what caused this, I have only the owners’ account), firing pins messed up (again, dunno how that happened, but the owner swore it “just happened” while firing), trigger parts messed up (I know how that happened – it was the owner trying to make changes to the connector with a file that they probably last used on a lawnmower blade) and (years and years ago) a split barrel due to firing lead reloads (which Glock tells people to not do, and last I knew they didn’t cover).

For a company that claims “perfection” of their product, I’ve never seen so many customers want to screw around with a gun and make modifications to it. That’s my biggest issue with Glocks. My customers are usually surprised to see how little I’ve messed with my Glocks. One has a Ghost connector in it, to which my reaction is “Meh…” and the other has tritium night sights. That’s it.

2. avatar Publius says:

Have you pulled the trigger on a Glock? Worst trigger I’ve ever felt on a modern pistol.

1. avatar olivehead says:

Granted, to each his own, but I’ve never understood this sentiment. To me, it’s one of the better out-of-the-box striker triggers out there. You may not think it’s the best, but “the worst”? I would be interested to know specifically what you think makes it that bad. Just to give you an idea where I’m coming from, I find the stock Glock trigger superior to those on the M&P, XD and XDm, Ruger American, and possibly but not definitely the VP9. Off the top of my head, PPQ’s trigger is clearly superior to the Glock’s.

2. avatar Dyspeptic Gunsmith says:

Oh, you need to feel some triggers on some ComBlock pistols. Woof.

3. avatar Jeremy S. says:

Yeah I’d call a GLOCK trigger pretty much dead-on average for a striker-fired, polymer pistol.

5. avatar Mr. Woodcock says:

No web site or web site coming soon. Sounds like the Salient Arms marketing/sales approach.

1. avatar Jeremy S. says:

Dude the first two words of the post are a link to their website haha… It just isn’t fully fleshed out yet.

1. avatar Vanbulance says:

No offense, Jeremy, but the viglink or whatever it is means most of us probably refrain from clicking hyperlinked words on anything TTAG. Even legit hyperlinks show up as viglink, so I never know what to click.

That Funny Beach is now on my saved website list because of TTAGs ads, and to a much lesser extent viglink.

1. avatar Jeremy S. says:

I’m not a fan either. I’ve always disliked the auto-inserted links and, like you said, especially when you can’t tell the difference between them and the “real” links added by the writers. I’m hoping we can do something to change the color of the links we manually add. I suppose I could just start making that text bold. BTW, if you just hover the mouse cursor over the link you should be able to preview the URL that it’s going to direct you to… usually at the bottom, left of the screen (won’t apply on a mobile device, I suppose).

6. avatar The Dude Abides says:

If you removed the manufacturers name, they’d look indistinguishable from zev and pretty much all the other custom Glock maker’s guns.

Don’t get me wrong some of them look great, but one cnc’d slide is pretty much the same as another at this point.

The very definition of lipstick on a pig.

1. avatar Miss Piggy says:

You’ll be hearing from our lawyers for that blatant slander.

Miss Piggy – mpiggy@ThePigLipstickCorporation.com

8. avatar Scott C. says:

Not one of those fancy slides would survive an actual combat tour. Those nice large cut outs on the slide = nice large bits of dirt, debris to clog the action

1. avatar Clay-in-UT says:

I beg to differ, our local Chipotle is very clean.

2. avatar jwtaylor says:

They absolutely would survive a combat tour. In their holster, to never be drawn and fired only on qualification day, like 99.9% of the issued pistols.

9. avatar C.S. says:

The aftermarket for Glock has pretty much become similar to the ar15…

1. avatar Nanashi says:

And, just like with Colt, you shouldn’t give Glock money.

10. avatar Enough Already says:

Why would anyone need a ‘match’ grade barrel at pistol distances?

1. avatar Jeremy S. says:

I think the top two driving factors for aftermarket glock barrel sales are getting a barrel that’s threaded and/or has land-and-groove rifling to be better compatible with cast lead bullets. I have an aftermarket barrel for my G20 to shoot hard cast lead rounds and for improved accuracy as well (makes more sense on the full size 10mm than with a compact, plus it’s a 6.6″ barrel so there’s a velocity bump as well), and one for my G19 so I can run it suppressed.

Otherwise, we all know a glock is functionally fine. Better than fine. It needs nothing to operate reliably. But as there’s a HUGE aftermarket for dress-up car parts (you know, tuning stuff that doesn’t actually boost performance), so is there for guns. Especially glocks. And that’s fine. It’s a ton of fun to build something unique, cool, and truly your own.

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

Next semi-auto I pick up will have land-groove rifling specifically for cast-lead bullets.

I’m *very* interested in that new nickel-alloy reloadable ‘brass’ TTAG just got 200 of and the dies, I hoping that brass and cast lead can cut my range ammo costs.

Looking forward to its review…

11. avatar Paul53 says: