Blaser R8 Professional Success Full Leather

DSC05122

Blaser has offered versions of its rifles with leather inlays in various areas of the stock — forend, pistol grip, and cheek pad — for quite a while, but this is the first full leather stock I’ve seen. Not gonna lie, it looks cool, it feels awesome, and it reminds me of the seats in a high-end sports car . . .

DSC05120 DSC05121 DSC05119 DSC05118

comments

1. avatar PK says:

Gorgeous gun! Do they offer it only in .300WM, or any caliber currently offered in the R8 model? I assume multiple leather/thread color options are available as well?

1. avatar Will in Oregon says:

based on the looks of it the only difference between this and any other R-8 is the stock.

2. avatar Julius Corrino says:

Here in Europe at least, Blaser is offering the R8 in about two dozen calibers starting with .222 Rem. Check out their website at blaser dot com where they also have a configurator for the R8. I wish I could afford one right now. In my desired configuration, their MSRP is currently at around 5,000 US$.

2. avatar CarlosT says:

You never go full leather.

We’re all thinking it…

3. avatar anaxis says:

Pretty sweer looking. But if I had one, I’d have to name it “The Gimp”…… or maybe Jim.

4. avatar Hoplopfheil says:

Ew.

Also: why.

Also: uuuugh.

5. avatar Mark N. says:

I’d be happy to review one. Just send it along, and I’ll get back to you in about six months.

6. avatar CentralIL says:

If you think this rifle looks stupid, please don’t let that poison the whole brand for you. Blaser makes some excellent and truly innovative rifles. (The website does a terrible job describing the features that make the R93 and R8 unique.)

They don’t all cost as much as this one. None are cheap, though.

You get what you pay for.

7. avatar Chris says:

Leather is pretty heat resistant, isn’t it? Insofar as wrapping it near a gun barrel.