Everyday Carry Pocket Dump of the Day – Pav K

1572a5b235815e

We don’t see photos of many guns we’ve never heard of. A quick exercise of our Google-fu revealed why we’d never seen one of these: the Ekol Arda Grizzly shoots blanks. It’s so non-lethal, in fact, that you can even buy one in the UK. Which leaves only one question…why would anyone carry one? Whatever his reason, you can see what else Pav K. totes at Everyday Carry.

comments

1. avatar CitizenPete says:

What coin is that?

1. avatar pwrserge says:

It’s some sort of British decoration, but I can’t quite make it out.

Correction, according to the poster, Bulgarian?

2. avatar anaxis says:

It looks like an old olympic medal of some sort with a cyrillic inscription. It’s definitely lived a hard life.

2. avatar Dakota says:

What knife is that? Not a fan of the serration on that short of a blade but I like the style

1. avatar knightofbob says:

Ka-Bar TDI. Not uncommon in these EDC posts.

1. avatar Dakota says:

Thanks, haven’t checked out many of these EDC posts yet.

3. avatar knightofbob says:

Less lethal defense, there are companies that make gas and pepper projectiles that fit in 8mm “blank” guns. Given that the user describes it as a “gas revolver,” I’d guess he has something like: http://www.afg-defense.eu/ammunition-cartridges/gas-cartridge-oc-pistol-wadie-8mm-45mg/

I can also internet search.

4. avatar Rokurota says:

Maybe a restricted region?

5. avatar Vhyrus says:

What is that thing under the knife? What does it do?

And what is the point of a non lethal gun? If it really does nothing but make noise you’d be better off throwing it at the dude.

1. avatar knightofbob says:

It’s apparently a prybar/bottle opener/bit holder sold on Bulgarian Etsy.

Bulgaria apparently has a “genuine use” requirement for gun licensing. I’m guessing the carrier uses 8mm CS or pepper cartridges, so better than nothing.

6. avatar David says:

The use of a non lethal gun seems to be quite smart. It is used to intimidate and not harm, which is probably the most common intention of guns for personal safety. This to me seems a thoughtful premeditated decision which would result in more good than harm. The comments so far reek of ignorance and lack of basic human decency. The same sort that believe whole heartily in a fundamental religion while ignoring the plight of others and their rights.

1. avatar Vhyrus says:

First off, if this guy actually lives in Bulgaria or a similarly gun restricted country, a smart criminal will know it’s just for show and ignore it, and a dumb one would very probably pull his own real weapons in response. The only thing worse than a knife in a gunfight is a fake gun. If you’re going to make a threat of lethal force you have to be able to back it up because at that point you’ve turned a simple mugging or fist fight into a life or death situation, and the other person will respond accordingly. Yes, they might run, but they also might just try to kill you first.

As far as the religion comment, not being religious myself it doesn’t bother me but it’s pretty obvious you’re trolling since literally nowhere on this page is religion mentioned other than your post.

2. avatar Swobard says:

Well geezzz, David. I feel your last comment just reeks of ignorance and a lack of basic human decency!

1. avatar JW says:

I hate it when people troll. Especially liberal internet whiners. If you have no other interest in this site or post other than to spread your liberal hate speech just go somewhere else where your “friends” will pat you on the back and make you feel like a good person. All you are doing is attacking people that might think differently than yourself. Like has been said before ” Liberals are all for diversity, except for diversity of thought.”

1. avatar David says:

JW you are exactly right. Honestly, truly, I am not trolling. The ONLY reason I visit this sight is because my brother is the managing editor of this site and I find it sickly compelling to read. I try not to comment, but I cannot help myself when someone ignorantly espoused some wackjob theory/conspiracy/”fact”.

2. avatar Lucas D. says:

David: If the foolishness you’re currently bringing to the table is the best you can honestly do, then everyone’s sake, please try harder to not comment in the future.

3. avatar jwm says:

Obvious troll, is, well, obvious.

7. avatar Lucas D. says:

There’s a 95% chance he’s carrying the only thing his government will allow, but you know what? I kind of want one. Not to carry or anything; I just like collecting different oddball stuff. Heck, maybe I will tote it, just in case I ever happen upon an impromptu footrace.

Kidding aside, I do sympathize with the dude if that is the case; having a government that denies you the means to meet lethal force with lethal force is a horrible situation for anyone to live under.

8. avatar thewiz says:

I’m still hung up on the military time on the watch

1. avatar Bill Blogs says:

It’s a European thing, you see alot of European countries using 24 hour time over the AM/PM style.

1. avatar Dave Lewis says:

I can set up my Casio for 24 hour time and I know lots of people who do because tactical time is so much better and well -tactical – than regular time.

9. avatar Chadwick P. says:

Now I want to see if there’s some way to convert one of those revolvers into a real gun. If I want pepper spray I’ll just get the one that looks like binaca, but that revolver would be cool if there was some way to make it actually fire a projectile and not just “gas” like the minions fart gun.

1. avatar Brian says:

Hell i got plenty of normal guns the fart gun….that would be different.

10. avatar Stinkeye says:

Why bother to carry the knife? The edges on that gun look sharp enough to carve a ham…