Everyday Carry Pocket Dump of the Day – Aaron Evan Kimpton

1571df6d883a42

Aaron is an “owner operator” which we take to mean truck driver. Which makes the shoulder holster all the more practical for behind-the-wheel easy access. And who doesn’t love a Smith & Wesson 686? See the rundown of the rest of his Everyday Carry gear below . . .

1. Buck 110
  2. Streamlight 65006 Stylus
  3. Lionsteel T.R.E.
  4. Ted Blocker L.F.I. shoulder holster rig
  5. Speed beez speed loader 357 mag
  6. Speed beez speed loader cci bird shot
  7. Ohto jazz fountain pen
  8. Smith and Wesson 5″ 686 plus
  9. 7 rounds federal ny-clad .38 special ammo
  10. Seiko 5 SNKK27
  11. Leatherman Tread
  12. Birth year proofs

comments

1. avatar Hannibal says:

Looks more like snake shot…

2. avatar S.CROCK says:

Nyclad ammo… sweet!

3. avatar ActionPhysicalMan says:

I like the gun choice, but why the bird shot?

1. avatar Anner says:

For birds, of course. Open the window and tag em before they smack into the windshield. Completely safe on interstates.

4. avatar Wreckerman says:

Junk ammo.

1. avatar Achmed says:

Well Federal Nyclad is not junk ammo but it’s a mystery why you would bother with any kind of .38 Special ammo in a longer barreled 357 like that.

1. avatar Ddub says:

I’d rather fire .38 special inside a truck, the longer barrel may be better for pistol whipping a mofo also, who knows.

1. avatar Binder says:

An it keeps down the muzzle blast

2. avatar Dyspeptic Gunsmith says:

I don’t believe there is any Nyclad loaded round available in .357 Mag.

1. avatar Achmed says:

I think they actually did make that a while (going way back) but discoe’d it. Kind of makes sense because that bullet at 357 velocities would blow up pretty quickly.

5. avatar Specialist38 says:

Old school cool. My first carry was a model 28 Highway Patrolman S&W in a Jackass rig.

Question the bird shot unless you use it as non-lethal on feral dogs.

But ultimately your choice.

Carry On.

6. avatar Larry says:

There are 3 different ammo loads there. Nyclads under the gun, snake/bird shot in one speed loader and what looks like JHP or perhaps Xtreme Penetrator in the other .

7. avatar Larry says:

I got questions on that Buck 110, I’ve never seen raised rivets like that, not even on clones.

I’d also love to know what that thing is he added to the handle, looks removable .

1. avatar tsbhoA.P.jr says:

firesteel?

8. avatar MiniMe says:

“Birth year proofs?”

1. avatar Swarf says:

I second that.

2. avatar ActionPhysicalMan says:

Maybe they are used in trucker witchcraft or something.

3. avatar SD3 says:

Born in 1986 or later (ASEs). I’ve carried an 1887 Morgan every where I go for years now. It’s a constant reminder to not conflate fiat with real money.

1. avatar ActionPhysicalMan says:

What’s an ASE?

2. avatar ActionPhysicalMan says:

Fiat money is real, unfortunately.

1. avatar Swarf says:

What the hell is happening here?

Is this some of that far-right “the US government is illigetimate but I continue to live here and take advantage of it’s existence until it is convo enemy for me to argue otherwise” mumbo jumbo?

*spit*

9. avatar SD3 says:

Huh….didn’t know speed bees made loaders for 7-shot revolvers. I’ll get a couple.

10. avatar Geoff PR says:

I had a Streamlight stylus like that, those AAAA batteries were sometimes a PITA to find…

11. avatar wright says:

Driving Operator.

12. avatar Hoplopfheil says:

How many watches am I seeing here?

And why coins wrapped in plastic?

13. avatar Jamie says:

They are called “proof” coins, struck with specially polished dies and more pressure for a finer finish. After all that, they are sold in a plastic capsule to protect the finish. Also, those are pure silver.

1. avatar Hoplopfheil says:

So they’re for last ditch, desperate bartering after the apocalypse? When precious metals will cease to be precious?

1. avatar Katy says:

Maybe. Or they could just personal mementos. Story below was from a church message I heard a year or so ago. Makes me want to have ensure that we have the same conversation with our kids.

My father taught me a significant lesson when I was young. He sensed that I was becoming too enamored with temporal things. When I had money, I immediately spent it—almost always on myself.

One afternoon he took me to purchase some new shoes. On the second floor of the department store, he invited me to look out the window with him.

“What do you see?” he asked.

“Buildings, sky, people” was my response.

“How many?”

“A lot!”

He then pulled this coin from his pocket. As he handed it to me, he asked, “What is this?”

I immediately knew: “A silver dollar!”

Drawing on his knowledge of chemistry, he said, “If you melt that silver dollar and mix it with the right ingredients, you would have silver nitrate. If we coated this window with silver nitrate, what would you see?”

I had no idea, so he escorted me to a full-length mirror and asked, “Now what do you see?”

“I see me.”

“No,” he replied, “what you see is silver reflecting you. If you focus on the silver, all you will see is yourself, and like a veil, it will keep you from seeing clearly the eternal destiny Heavenly Father has prepared just for you.”

“Larry,” he continued, “‘seek not the things of this world but seek … first … the kingdom of God, and to establish [His] righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you’”.

He told me to keep the dollar and never lose it. Each time I looked at it, I was to think about the eternal destiny that Heavenly Father has for me.

1. avatar Hoplopfheil says:

A dollar saved is a dollar poorly invested. 🙂

2. avatar Chris says:

Your Father was a very wise man, Katy (Larry?). I may use that with my 12 year old.

3. avatar Katy says:

Larry was the speaker. That isn’t my story, but I’d like to have the same moment with our kids. I saved the text, ill see if I can dredge up a link to the original.

14. avatar J says:

I know a guy thay swears by his 5″ 686 alittle slower on the draw but it would more than do the job should he ever need it. The guns are b-e-a-utiful as well i have a 629-1 and its one of my favorite guns i own