TTAG Daily Digest: 4.11.15

BAM! Howard Stern shows anti-gun nut producer how ignorant his 2nd Amendment argument is – It’s come to this…Howard Stern is now a voice of reason on the Second Amendment. [NSFW] In other news of the improbable . . .

Myra Signer says state with highest gun ownership rates have highest suicide rates – Myra Signer? I think I’d prefer to listen to Bruce Krafft on the subject.

Why More of Us Are Buying Guns – “My family thinks I’m crazy, because we are not ‘gun people. But I am not going to be at the whim of whoever is president when thinking about my personal security. I am single, and I need to be safe, and it is my right to choose how I ensure that safety.” You go, girl.

Cosmopolitan Continues Its Attacks On Gun-Owning Men – Are they finally out of sex tips that will drive him wild?

black-sheep-arms-nintendo-gun-with-background-640x427-c

Real Glocks that look like Nintendo Zappers are all the rage on social media – At least according to digitaltrends.com. Much hand-wringing has apparently ensued.

This is why people don’t trust Hillary: How a convenient reversal on gun control highlights her opportunism – They were able to narrow it down to just one thing?

The Reappearance of Autodefensas in Michoacán – Mexico’s hidden civil war continues.

qo3zlxner4swz6onckvp

We reviewed the new ProSounds M-Series electronic muffs last month. All in all, good hearing protection at a good price. After a successful fund drive on Kickstarter, they’re looking to supplement that with an indiegogo campaign to get the product packaging where they want it for a successful launch. Bonus: it’s another a chance for you to get a pair at a discounted price.

comments

1. avatar OneOfTheGoodGuys says:

Never cared for Howard Stern. Maybe I was wrong.

1. avatar pod says:

I grew up listening to him, but stopped after I got into my mid-20s. Life I guess. Never researched his feelings on guns but I guessed he was probably anti-gun.

Further research is required, but this indicates a pro-gun stance by Stern…

1. avatar Danny Griffin says:

I don’t think much of Stern, but regardless of his position–pro or anti, I bet he carries a gun.

1. avatar NYC2AZ says:

He is rumoured to be one of the chosen few to have a NYC CCW permit.

2. avatar Mk10108 says:

His I’m a jew schtick is annoying and one can be amused with a miget slapping a naked woman’s ass with a fish. However clarity of his 2A is noteworthy.

3. avatar Warp says:

Rumored?!? DOXtastic (but he is a pubic figure, yes?)

There may exist a database, that one could find by searching for:
          gawker nyc pistol permit master

Howard A. Stern may on that list. The address listed may be that of his employer.

Or, it may not be at all true. None of it.

4. avatar Dev says:

Stern is and has been a long time gun owner. He’s got some cause in NYC for a carry license too. Like him or not this man has done a lot for freedom of expression and freedom of living in his long career.

2. avatar NjGuns1 says:

Stern is a hardcore libertarian. He ran for governor of New York on that ticket once IIRC. I am also pretty sure there’s a range on Long Island he frequents.

1. avatar Ing says:

I’ve always hated Howard Stern, and I still don’t like his schtick, but credit where it’s due — he did a bang-up job there.

2. avatar pod says:

That’s right, I remember that. He ran as a Libertarian for NYC governor in 1994.

2. avatar Huntmaster says:

I am stunned.

2. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

Howard sounds pretty strong on the 2A. That was a good exchange.

3. avatar Dr Brainwash says:

Howard Stern is the man. That was solid logic.

4. avatar Benny the Jew says:

Damn, that was nice! Logic bombs left, right, and center!

5. avatar Frank Masotti says:

And who the hell decides what “mentally able to own guns” means? The anti’s think we are all crazy anyway!

1. avatar sagebrushracer says:

which is actually crazy, IMO.

Props to Howard Stern, he destroyed him with logic with a slight garnish of common sense.

6. avatar younggun21 says:

I never understood the number of guns argument nor the number of rounds argument. No one has been able to carry more than a few guns due to sheer size and weight limitations, same with ammunition. All the worst shootings have been taken out by a few loons with one or two firearms and a few hundred rounds, sometimes less. No one can carry more than 3 guns efficiently and no one can carry 1,000 rounds and still be able to move so limiting them and acting like you are preventing mass shootings is moronic in my opinion.

1. avatar Friedrich says:

I agree. You can have 100 guns but you only have 2 hands.

7. avatar Mike W. says:

Mr. Stern, always took you for a liberal ( probably because as a kid I couldn’t stay up late enough to watch your stuff ) but you are bang on dude. God bless you sir and god bless the Constitution of the United States.

8. avatar Buffalo_Bob says:

TACOM is involved in a program called the WOOT program in Tyrone township MI. They have crashed 2 government satellites and are working on a third without the government’s knowledge, and have committed rape of 22 different woman inside tyrone woods trailer park since 2012. Contractors built an under ground shelter connecting trailers. They used triptamine drip, and electrode implants to make people unaware of these scopes crashing, and there after used the same method to commit rape and get away with it. The satellites being crashed have data on them that indicates source codes being sold or stolen by people who committed torture in order to make veterans affairs junkies commit suicide, and also shows the woot programs employees commiting the types of crimes listed above. They used a VACCIS scanner to make the trailer park light up so they could see which other satellites were watching until the shutter became stuck open and was dropped down a well leaking 7 RMS of cobalt 68 radiation. There has been $190,000,000 spent on covering this problem up. And evidence of this is on Google earth at Tyrone woods trailer park in Tyrone Twp MI. And just north of Hogan rd from this location is a crash sight and equipment.

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

“They have crashed 2 government satellites and are working on a third without the government’s knowledge…”

Now that’s one *hell* of an uplink they’re running…

2. avatar michi says:

Damn. I’m never shopping at woot.com again.

3. avatar tsbhoA.P.jr says:

tyrone woods loves him some double wide.

1. avatar jwm says:

Haven’t a clue what that means. But I laughed any way.

9. avatar Anonymous says:

Surprising comments from Howard Stern. Wouldn’t have guessed that. If I made a wager – I would have lost.

The other guy endlessly parading his FUD (fear, uncertainty, doubt). Limiting the law abiding makes no sense. Criminals and terrorists will not limit themselves. And he acts like guns and bullets are magical and cannot be made by regular joes, but only by specific individuals in factories. He is under the assumption that it can be easily controlled – but that is not reality.

1. avatar Wiregrass says:

I have had similar encounters with some NYC natives who for one reason or another wander away from the city that never sleeps and discover a whole world of people living free.

On the other hand, I also have a friend from NYC who was fully aware and able to relate to me just how hard it is to be a gun guy in Brooklyn.

1. avatar Garrison Hall says:

Unfortunately, they keep washing ashore in Austin. A few months ago they were trying to ban BBQ restaurants from the city of Austin.

1. avatar Jeremy says:

Do what? I hadn’t heard of that bit of insanity. Makes me glad I don’t live in Austin any more.. although I do miss living so close to Lockhart……

2. avatar Clint Weisgerber says:

Ironically, Austin is where Gary’s (the anti-gun producer) brother lives.

Anyone who has *actually listened* to Stern for a long time wasn’t at all surprised to hear Howard’s views on gun control. He’s always been pro-gun for as long as I’ve listened to him. He doesn’t crow about it every day, but when it comes up, he’s always taken a pro-gun stance.

Just because he’s socially liberal doesn’t mean he’s liberal. His views on politics, 2A, the economy, and the government in general are pretty conservative and always have been, hence the libertarian moniker he’s usually saddled with.

Again though, you’d have to actually listen to the show to get that though.

Baba Booey to y’all. 🙂

10. avatar Dz says:

Howard and Robin joint gun heroes of he day.

11. avatar Anonymous says:

Gary…

If a person can afford a thousand guns – do they need to be a criminal??? Probably not.

12. avatar MLee says:

I rolled my eyes when the guy is arguing against guns, but says he doesn’t know enough about guns. Well then STFU!

1. avatar AR says:

but he’d be all up in your grill if you brought up the same issues related to free speech, (especially on the radio)…

Background checks for journalists, bloggers and politicians. Be licensed or be quiet. How would that go over, and I don’t even know that much about journalism.

13. avatar Andrew Lias says:

Wow, I’m surprised at this but after thinking about it not really. He pushes the limits of free speech, why would he be about limiting other rights as a rational person? I realize many celebs aren’t like that but I appreciate him in an odd new way.

14. avatar Excedrine says:

I don’t know much about this man’s politics. But, on this at least, he’s (mostly) post on. Except background checks, of course, which are categorically useless and a complete waste of time and resources.

15. avatar Joe R. says:

It’s a fundraiser and a trap

16. avatar Bohucka says:

Totally shocked by Stern’s reasonable comments. Something tells me he carries and practices AND has quite a bit of ammo.

17. avatar RockOnHellChild says:

That Nintendo Glock is pretty f-ing sweet, not going to lie.

18. avatar Surivordude says:

“…well I don’t know anything about guns…”

THEREFORE rendering you opinions on the matter INVALID! Moron…

1. avatar tjlarson2k says:

Bingo. This should the opening statement for any anti-gun rally / conversation:

Do you know anything about the subject matter you’re about to discuss aside from what is embellished in Hollywood movies and the media? No?

Have you ever handled, shot, or owned a firearm?

Then kindly keep your opinions and feelings on the subject matter you admittedly know nothing about to yourself.

19. avatar IYearn4nARnCali says:

Listened to him since I was 12, he is absolutely correct, love the message, and Gary “Baba Booey” Dellabate his producer sounds like all the other anti-gun clones out there. Fantastic to hear some truth!

20. avatar Dyspeptic Gunsmith says:

Stern has been a libertarian (small-l) for years and years. This is what I expect he would have said – a quiz of salient points, driving home the absurdity of the typical NYC anti-gun positions.