Blue Force Gear Quote of the Day: At Least Hillary’s a Good Shot

hillary-gun

“Do you think Hillary Clinton could beat Trump at a firing range? Clinton actually meets the basic political standard for marksmanship, which involves being in possession of one anecdote about having gone hunting and shot a bird. Hers goes back to her days in Arkansas when she was with a group of friends who didn’t believe she knew how to handle a gun, then watched as she downed a duck on the first try. The dead-fowl tradition is sort of silly, but it does hark back to the good old days when people thought about shooting in terms of sport and scaring off burglars.” – Gail Collins in The Republican Gun-Free Zone at [nytimes.com]

BFG-Long-Logo-Blue-JPG-220x39

comments

1. avatar the ruester says:

“In the real world very few people — including police officers — are skilled enough to aim accurately during a scary emergency.”

“Scary emergency.”

Sigh. It’s ok, sweetie, the monster’s not going to eat you.

2. avatar dragos111 says:

If I recall correctly, she even said that she was shooting a rifle. If she hit a duck with a single bullet she must be a good shot. Or, she is so uninformed that she had no idea she was shooting a shotgun, not a rifle.

1. Or, most likely, it never happened at all. Like her dodging anti-aircraft fire in Bosnia or being named after Edmund Hillary.

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

Whu-whu-what?

She *LIED* about being shot at?

A woman would *never* lie about being shot at!

Why, that’s a violation of the sacred women’s code of honor!

Oooops! I forgot, she’s not a woman, she’s a lawyer…

1. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

Was an attorney. Her license was suspended long ago.

2. avatar Geoff PR says:

Ah! Thank you, Thomas.

(And, belatedly, no offense to the nice female lawyers here in TTAG, like Katy…)

2. avatar Peter Charles says:

All I have to say is that Vince Foster is dead by gunshot. One to the head.

3. avatar Mikial says:

And we all know, Clintons never lie.

BTW, I refuse to call her “Hillary” likes she’s some old friend. She’s “Clinton.” Period.

3. avatar Diego Whitworth says:

“Hers goes back to her days in Arkansas when she was with a group of friends who didn’t believe she knew how to handle a gun, then watched as she downed a duck on the first try.”

Yep, just like Kim Jung Un.

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

Pffftpt.

The Dear Leader also sank a hole-in-one while he made that shot…

1. avatar Wrightl3 says:

You forgot the home run.

1. avatar Hannibal says:

And curing literally all the diseases.

4. avatar Dr Brainwash says:

So… Is the beginning of a pathetic attempt to paint Hillary more pro gun than The Donald? Just when you thought you’ve seen it all…

5. avatar ActionPhysicalMan says:

A link to a Gail Collins Op Ed in the morning is pretty cruel. Well I read it and now can’t stop thinking “No! No, no, not 6! I said 7. Nobody’s comin’ up with 6. Who works out in 6 minutes? You won’t even get your heart goin, not even a mouse on a wheel. “

6. avatar Another Robert says:

If Hillary! said it, and it is the least bit unlikely as well as politically advantageous, it’s a pretty sure bet it didn’t happen. I don’t think even the Gail Collinses of the world believe her any more, they just pass on the fictions to help their golden girl with the low-info voters.

7. avatar Justin Case says:

She’s just not as accurate as she once was. These days, all she can manage is to shoot her mouth off…

1. avatar Dave says:

Even that doesn’t say much about her marksmanship. She has a very big mouth.

8. avatar Curtis in IL says:

This is how I get to start my weekend? Looking at (not one, but) two posts in a row with images of the Hildebeast? I just ate breakfast, fer cryin’ out loud!

Thankfully I have my Michele Fiore calendar hanging next to my reloading bench, where I will be the rest of the day.

9. avatar Mk10108 says:

Repeat often. Blah yaddie da.

Note her wedding ring, wear one and everyone will pretend your married. All pretense faded when the Clintons pimped Chelsea to stand between them holding hands after the Monica affair.

10. avatar C.Rogers says:

After she’s nominated,she’ll back off on kissing up to her “base” (ultra-liberal ninnies) as much and bear toward the center.
    She will simply say whatever she thinks appeals to her audience.

11. avatar Chier DuChien says:

That’s wishful thinking. She will still have to campaign for her second term.

By then, even our pellet guns will be registered, unless they look military, in which case they will be confiscated. Google “Australian Gun Control” to see what see has planned.

12. avatar samuraichatter says:

I quote Jon Stewart with regard to pictures of Hillary Clinton:

That look is where boner’s go to die.

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

Now that’s plain cruel.

(Bet your ass I’m stealing it…)

13. avatar Nate in the land of townships says:

The first time I shot a gun it was a .410 and I broke a clay on my first try.

14. avatar JAlan says:

Hillary would definitely win. She’d murder the Donald and win by default. Shoot smarter, not harder, I guess.

15. avatar Wrightl3 says:

Does anyone have that link to buy the drums of brain bleach? The hilldabeast makes me need lots of it.

16. avatar TyrannyOfEvilMen says:

Well, there had better be 6 of those old Black Talons n that revolver or I’m going to have to assume that it’s empty. 🙂

17. avatar younggun21 says:

Meh, I don’t know. I have expressed my displeasure with Mr.Trump several times in the comments section but the fact remains, he actually owns firearms and his son is a professional shooter. You would think some of it would have rubbed off or at the very least he could get coached up right before hand by a pro.

18. avatar Indiana Tom says:

See, Hitlery is a gun gal at heart; just like Obonzo.

1. avatar William says:

And the guns she likes best are yours.

19. avatar Joshua says:

If by “downed a duck,” you mean “turned it to stone with her Medussa-like stare,” I believe it. Otherwise anything and everything she says is considered complete bullshit until proven otherwise.

20. avatar Peter Charles says:

Well, Vince Foster was killed with a single shot to the head…….

21. avatar pieslapper says:

#HILLARYFORPRISON 2016!

22. avatar foodog says:

Went down on a duck? That I can believe.
    The rest, meh…

23. avatar Wood says:

Hey TTAG, want an idea for a fundraiser? Print that image on heavy paper and sell in packs of 50. Best “bad guy” target I’ve ever seen.