Everyday Carry Pocket Dump of the Day: Josh

156afd5fa8886b

Josh is in the Air Force. We assume he packs that SIG P938 when he’s off duty. It’s a great option for pocket carry or toted discreetly inside a waistband, See what else this service man carries at Everyday Carry.

comments

1. avatar ActionPhysicalMan says:

WTF – Field Notes again? BS! I had never seen anyone with them before this. And no phone?

1. avatar Hannibal says:

Meme status achieved, approaching chipotle ninja level

2. avatar ActionPhysicalMan says:

What is the charger for? Does he use the flashlight so much he needs to charge it while out and about? Maybe for the fob? Lock, unlock, lock, unlock……?

3. avatar Alex T says:

The field notebook is probably where he writes his checklist of Crap to remember to stuff in his pockets.

4. avatar Cliff H says:

Beat me to it. What is it with the Field Notes? What exactly are they all taking notes on?

I fell so left out!

Forget the “meme”, why didn’t I get the memo?

5. avatar RockOnHellChild says:

Dude, these Field Notes books are all over EDC.com. Everyone has them.

I don’t get it. Nor do I get all the avant-garde, artsy fartsy ways some people stage their gear for the posts on that site… I just don’t get it.

1. avatar Cliff H says:

Probably a requirement to get your shit published. If it were a picture of my stuff it would be in a pile on the edge of my desk. And no Field Notes memo book.

By the way – I notice most of these guys carry two or more knives, even if the second blade is a multi-tool, many carry extra ammunition, some even pack a back-up gun, but I have never seen one where they have a spare pen (or pencil) for their Field Notes.

1. avatar RockOnHellChild says:

I posted my EDC awhile back just for shits.

And it was exactly like you stated, just my gear sitting on the table, nothing artsy fartsy about it. I only received about 9 or 10 likes. I guess from the lack of Field Notes and Sundance style creativity.

6. avatar jwm says:

“Dear Diary…..”

7. avatar Anonymous says:

Same here. I have come to expect “field notes” in all these EDC posts. I’ve never met anyone that even has a notepad that says “field notes.”

2. avatar Twisted Swifter says:

I’ll take the Z06 key and fob – you guys can split the rest.

3. avatar Wes650 says:

I went into a gun shop today and noticed a display of those “field notes.” I probably would have never noticed them had it not been for the EDC site. I still don’t want one though. Instead, I carry a 22 cent notebook from walmart in my truck.

1. avatar Mikial says:

They’re a “Secret Squirrel” mandatory item if you want to be cool.

4. avatar Mikial says:

Whoopie ding! And since when is a watch part of a pocket dump?

5. avatar Joe B says:

If I am being nice, the EDC thing is a little metro. If I am being mean, it’s straight up homo.

6. avatar Will from Oregon says:

Sweet Airman’s coin bro, you must be new

7. avatar Chief Peters says:

Aww, its adorable, almost like you’re in the military!

8. avatar Guidoc says:

Real field staff use “Rite In the Rain”products. Many field investigations require ongoing logging notes being kept by all staff while on site. These are considered legal documents that can be entered into evidence in court. You never know who is going to be called on the witness stand.

1. avatar DoomGuy says:

Beat me to it. Was gonna say Rite in the Rain, and it isn’t just field staff. If you’re just taking notes or doing something out in the field they are so useful.

2. avatar John S says:

Yup, RitR is industry standard for most everything I’ve seen. Never seen “Field Notes” out in the wild.

1. avatar Tex300BLK says:

Judging by the fact the the Field Notes in this picture doesn’t look like it has been repetititvely sat on day in and day out, nor does it have any of the expected wear and tear that comes from removing and replacing something paper based from your pocket repetitively, I am going to wager that this (and most of the notebooks or any of the other crap in these EDC pocket dump photos for that matter) hasn’t been out in the wild much either.

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

Bingo.

A bit like the folks that buy a 4X4 that has rarely (if *ever*) been off a paved road…

3. Hey guys, thanks for the props. Great to hear.

Just curious what “Field Staff” you’re referring to specifically. We’ve done well reaching various branches of the military but have struggled to reach police. I’d be interested to know where you typically find RITR gear.

9. avatar Geoff PR says:

Big-Ass watch and a ‘challenge coin’.

Cripes.

10. avatar Michael says:

He is in the air force. …not like he has to ruck anything. ..

11. avatar Nibiru says:

The only way this dude is hauling around all that nonsense is if he’s wearing a fanny pack.

12. avatar Parnell says:

Did I miss something? “Field Notes” but no holster?