Everyday Carry Pocket Dump of the Day: calmlikea3omb

156fc83ee37144

Does that look like a lot of gear to you? Maybe not once you know that calmlikea3omb is “ex private security,” as he describes it. About his kit, he says “On body 100% until I get home. When I get home I either ditch the G42 and wallet and such or I keep it all on. 24\7 I have access to it all on my body or nearby when a perimeter is set up!” See the details on all his Everyday Carry gear below . . .

1. Streamlight ProTac 1L
  2. 511 Duty TDU Belt
  3. G-Shock Rangeman Solar Atomic
  4. Uniden Bearcat BCD436hp Police Scanner
  5. Vedder Holsters Pocket Holster
  6. Coach Compact ID Wallet
  7. Springfield Armory XD Mod2 9mm Flat Dark Earth With Stainless Slide, TruGlo H3 Sights
  8. Custom Reign Tactica Dual Layer Boras Reign Holster with Gcode RTI adaptor and paddle.
  9. 2015 Honda Civic Si Coupe White Keyless Entry
  10. Beretta Credit Card Knife
  11. Benchmade Mini Infidel
  12. Glock 42 With Crimson Trace Green Laser Grip
  13. Oakley AirDrop RX Sunglasses Fire Iridium Lens
  14. Iphone 6+

comments

1. avatar D says:

I can’t tell if these are serious or not

2. avatar A says:

How much you wanna bet that this guy is a fat Paul Blart setting up a perimeter while watching anime in mom’s basement? ex-private security…

1. avatar Rob says:

Sounds like nothing but projection to me.

1. avatar A says:

Excuse me, I watch Star Wars, not anime. Much more sophisticated. Plus I prefer a Kel-Tec in a SERPA holster, personally.

2. avatar Mr. 308 says:

What’s with all the hate? I’m liking that radio…

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

It’s all RX.

No TX.

All RX, no TX = *lame*.

1. avatar Mr. 308 says:

So listening to them yap on about the latest donut shop is lame?

You might miss out on good deals for a dozen doughnuts.

I might still like to listen in once in a while. Anyway my 18 year old tells me I’m lame too so I’m good with that.

2. avatar Geoff PR says:

“Oh. Isn’t it illegal to transmit on these bands unless you are like a cop or a firefighter or somesuch?”

Yeah, don’t TX where you’re not licensed to TX.

I haven’t turned on a ‘scanner’ in 20+ years, although I have radio gear capable of 100 khz to over 2 Ghz, no gaps.

There is some serious neat technology on the way with SDR. Chipsets are now fast enough to do direct conversion on the chip die itself.

That’s huge. Radios with no (or very close to zero) tank circuits, just connect the antenna to a pin on a chip. Current audio D-to-A converters in high-end audio gear can transmit to over 2 Mhz by themselves.

Look what these folks are doing:

3. avatar Bob says:

Nothing says “operator” like rollin’ in a Honda Civic. Good car, just not considered OAF (operator as fuuuucc*)

1. avatar RockOnHellChild says:

So a Corolla then…

1. avatar Sian says:

Do you even Stanza, bro?

4. avatar Mlee says:

Some of these are just plain getting dumb. It’s time to start posting parody pictures. Three guns, extra mags, brass knuckles, tear gas, underwear bomb, cell phone, extra cell phone, extra batteries, medicated wipes, Visine®, multi-function ridiculous amounts of stuff aviation watch that even pilots don’t know how to use, etc
    Maybe someone should market a modern day Bat-belt!

5. avatar onezero says:

So many of these “pocket dumps” couldn’t fit in any ones pockets. I want to see some posts of EDC from our guys in Afghanistan. Maybe put some these light weight posers to shame.

6. avatar Paleotrailertac says:

Good to see Gecko45 is still out there keeping us safe.

The EDC segments are my favorites on TTAG but this one made me LOL. It made me feel much better about my own EDC… I am much saner than I thought I was five minutes ago.

1. avatar Sian says:

You kidding? No tourniquet, no field notes, no multitool, only 2 knives, I don’t know how he even gets through the day.

7. avatar Hoplopfheil says:

My pocket dump is a phone, a wallet, and two keys.

If I have to set up a perimeter, I’ll probably just try to expire gracefully.

8. avatar SouthernPhantom says:

Holy frak, Gecko45 has returned to us!!

9. This one scares me, it’s got all the elements of a police impersonator action junky who shows up at every accident scene or domestic call thinking that they’re going to make some kind of hero save. These guys really worry me.

1. avatar Hannibal says:

Yep, we call em “whackers” around my parts. Others call em ‘wannabees.’

Much like real special forces guys, top-tier private security guys don’t go around posing their stuff around. Then you have the ‘security’ companies that basically try as much as possible to make their guys look like the cops and it always leads to trouble.

1. We use “whackers” here too, but, in these parts it mostly refers to blue light running volunteer firemen. They even call themselves whackers.

10. avatar A says:

A few years ago in New York, a retired cop in the habit of responding to calls, showed up to one, saw a guy with an AR, promptly yelled “Gun!”, whereupon a police officer, turned and shot a plainclothes officer carrying said AR.

1. avatar Mr. 308 says:

So what you are saying is… what are you saying?

Cause it totally makes sense here.

11. avatar Drew says:

My beef is that there is not one spare/backup magazine. Calling this one fake

1. avatar Paleotrailertac says:

You can’t fit that many HK 91 magazines in one frame. Not enough pixels.

1. avatar Tile floor says:

Naw dog, real operators use Special Weapons, not HK, remember?

For those who are lost or are looking for a laugh

1. avatar Crowbar says:

Thank you for that link. I read the whole thing and almost passed myself. Outstanding.

2. avatar Jon in CO says:

I read through 75%. There’s just no way that’s real. Nobody is that freaking dumb. That thread just generated so many page views that the ad revenue soared. That’s the only logical explanation for what I read. Please, please just tell me it was all just a bored retired guy at home playing a really bad prank?

3. avatar Paleotrailertac says:

Oh I remember now, you’re right. Actual HKs are shit and only SWs and clones are acceptable.

12. avatar Larry says:

How much junk do you need. Before EDC becomes a Radio Flyer wagon

1. avatar Matt Richardson says:

You must have missed the one that was a day pack… When I called it out I got told that “hurr durr, this guy is OAF and lives in the backwoods” or something of that nature… The pocket dumps (even pre TTAG) were about who had the “sleekest” looking gear, now it’s about who supposedly carries the most obscene amount of shit on them at once.

Who in their right mind doesn’t snicker under their breath and point out to their friends, any tool who carries a scanner on them?

1. avatar Mlee says:

Especially when there are scanner apps.
        I like to sleep with a scanner softly on so I just installed a free app. Not going to buy a new scanner after my last one died.

1. avatar Mr. 308 says:

Scanner app relies on IP network and will be the absolute first thing to go when the interesting traffic starts.

13. avatar Paleotrailertac says:

Perimeter eh?

C wire, trip wire flares, crew-serveds on likely AOPs, overlapping fires, TTLODAC and claymores or GTFO.

14. avatar Accur81 says:

I like it, and the knife is cool. I currently don’t even own a “proper” switchblade. Not sure why everyone is getting so ticked off. I’ve carried heavier / more gear both off duty and working plainclothes details. Even a couple of guns, mags, radio, knives, keys, phone, light, and pocket lint usually only runs about 10-15 pounds whereas my duty gear is about 30. And that’s a whole lot better than a combat load out in the Marine Corps.

1. avatar Mr. 308 says:

Yea, I thought it was supposed to be all ‘be prepared’ and all.

Maybe a lot of people think an Apple iPhone and nothing else does a lot more than it really can.

2. avatar Crowbar says:

Blade HQ has an extensive selection of switch blades from $20 to several hundred dollars. Check them out.

15. avatar Geoff PR says:

Is that iPhone case made of AR-500?

16. avatar GaPharmD says:

No way he’s serious. A grown man driving a Honda Civic …. And then he said si! I still haven’t stopped laughing.

Man. This . Is. Great.

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

“No way he’s serious. A grown man driving a Honda Civic”

A 205 HP Honda Civic.

A whole lotta’ more fun to drive compared to a standard Civic…

1. avatar Binder says:

Just could never understand performance FWD, what is the point exactly?

1. avatar Jeff the Griz says:

Personally when I was younger it was taking what you had and making it fast. I’m not much of a car guy and buying new meant no mods if I wanted a warranty, so I stuck with trucks and affordable cars. My next car will probably be sporty and AWD, “cuz Michigan roads”.

17. avatar Adub says:

I like the idea of carrying two guns but no spare mags seems odd given that level of kit.

18. avatar Randy says:

Look at the gear. Notice how new and pristine it looks? Notice how the Glock has the lettering done in white? No proper gun belt? Tacticool switchblade? I have my doubts that this is the gear of someone who is ex security, much less carried everyday…..
    I take care of my gear. Never been in security, special ops, military or law enforcement. None of my stuff looks that good. Normal carry puts some wear and tear on gear.

19. avatar Grottywanker says:

Theres two sets of words within the security companies for people like this. A tactical Timmy, or ranger Rick. It’s not complimentary.