Everyday Carry Pocket Dump of the Day: Godfrey

156bd0b0a9aa68

Godfrey’s a leatherneck (and a secret squirrel). Some would say it takes a Marine to handle the snappiness of .40 cal in that compact GLOCK 27. Be that as it may, Godfrey details the rest of his EDC gear at Everyday Carry for your information and edification.

comments

1. avatar The Dude Abides says:

More .40 handguns. What is wrong with people.

1. avatar OODAloop says:

I’d be willing to bet most of these folks bought them years ago when .40 S&W was popular and figure that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

1. avatar The Dude Abides says:

I’d agree with you. But 9 and 45 are what’s not broke. 40 try’s to be the best of both world’s but ends up with the worst.

2. avatar Sixpack70 says:

Having a .40 is great. During the firearmageddon of 2013, people were complaining about no 9mm and .45. I was buying boxes of .40 off the shelf because it wasn’t moving. I do prefer 9mm, but I have one full size and one ccw pistol in .40 just in case I can’t get 9mm. I won’t carry a .45.

1. avatar PRK543 says:

.40 was much also much easier to find in my part of NC than the other common hand gun calibers. The big reason I own .40 cal pistols is because I bought them from friends who were selling them cheap. Buying my buddy’s Glock 27 was a no brainier because it was essentially brand new and half the price of a new one. Plus I can easily convert it to 9 mm when I get around to buying a conversion barrel.

2. avatar ASF says:

Same. I carry 9mm but I own the same firearms in .40 for a backup caliber.

2. avatar RETLAW 007 says:

Nothing wrong with whatever caliber you carry as long as you are proficient with it. I can carry all major calibers and remain highly proficient with all. It is called practice!

3. avatar RETLAW 007 says:

PS….you do not want to be on the other end of either!

4. avatar Ad says:

Nice watch, bruh.

1. avatar RETLAW 007 says:

Thanks!

5. avatar RETLAW 007 says:

My main calibers I carry are Gold Dots 9MM and 357 Sig Federal HST.

6. avatar RETLAW 007 says:

My main calibers I carry are Gold Dots 9MM and 357 Sig Federal HST.

7. avatar Partigiano says:

Haha “takes a Marine”… my wife carries and accurately shoots a 27. Softer shooting than a 9mm Shield among other things.

1. avatar PRK543 says:

“Charlie Bronson’s always got rope”

8. avatar Will says:

I keep clicking on these.

Does anyone else keep clicking on these?

I don’t know why I keep clicking on these, but I keep clicking on these.

1. avatar Twisted Swifter says:

I also keep clicking on these.

In fact I can’t stop clicking on these.

I keep hoping that I’ll find something cool that I need to carry too. I also suspect that clicking on these appeals to my inner voyeur.

Keep dumping your pockets folks!

2. avatar AdamTA1 says:

I click on them also. I always want to know what type of knife and flashlight others are carrying.

9. avatar THC says:

Yes I keep clicking on these also, Im hoping someday to see a pocket dump like mine. Lint, 45 cents in change, bic lighter, and a sheet metal screw. Why the sheet metal screw? One of these days I will find the hole it came out of, I spend alot of time looking for holes. Big holes, little holes, old holes, young holes, deep holes, shallow holes, pink holes and black holes. But not Hillary holes, no screw wants to be in that, probably where this screw came from, it is a little rusty

10. avatar Wade says:

I have said it before and I will say it again. Unless some of these guys are wearing 2 pairs of pants at one time; I highly doubt some of these layouts are what someone carries every single day. I am reminded of the guy with 2 multi tools, knife, flashlight, keys, wallet, phone, Glock 43, and an extra magazine. At that point a man would have to pray to god he did not need to put anything in his pocket during the day.

1. avatar Mike says:

The trick is just having enough/large enough pockets, and less limited wardrobe. My EDC runs heavier than what you just mentioned (G17 for starters, and there’s a little medical gear included), but I’m not required to fit it all into slacks and a polo shirt either. Still got plenty of pocket space.

11. avatar joatmon says:

Most are for a nice picture. I’m sure some of it is carried but it makes a nice IG pic, Facebook, et al.
    To each his/her own though and I’ll carry a lighter load.