Patriotism and Guns! ‘Merica!

God knows I love my country, especially but not exclusively the Second Amendment. Sometimes, though, patriotism can be so . . . kitschy. Not that I’ve got anything against kitsch. Whether it’s a gun-slinging guitarist using the American flag as a cape, the leg lamp in A Christmas Story or a velvet Elvis, I appreciate kitsch as an expression of genuine passion (as opposed to bloodless pompous artistic snobbery). I only wish that Jim Hush had the balls to shoulder his brace-equipped AR pistol, in contravention of ATF regs. (SO close!) Now that would have been a truly American statement. IMHO.

[h/t everydaynodaysoff.com]

comments

1. avatar CZ PCR says:

The guy has good vocal resonance. That’s enough for me.

1. avatar Neo-Scalawag says:

The AR15 as a flagpole! That’s good enough for me.

2. avatar Joe. Tast says:

I ate at.a taco place last nite now Ive got s bad case of the kitsch too. Errr well sounds like kitsch

1. avatar Bob says:

Mmmmm…tacos.

So awesome, one of the few benefits of proximity to Mexico, and one of a handful of good things to come out of there.

I’m partial to pulled pork tacos: slow Bbq pork, shred, put in soft corn tortilla that was lighty fried in oil. Add cabbage, salsa, hot sauce, some cheese and some lime-cumin sour cream…damn.

1. avatar Joe. Tast says:

Dang Bob, ur makin me hungry again. Now thats s real taco

Fish tacos and cold cervezas in a surfside restaurant at the Playa Del Carmen — a life affirming experience.

1. avatar jwm says:

Salmon tacos. I squeal like a little girl for those.

3. avatar Nick says:

The cup song with guns is 100x better IMO.

4. avatar JKATX says:

You have an autoplaying ad every time I reload your page or link to a post.

5. avatar Indiana Tom says:

Guns and the attempts of gun confiscation largely started the serious Revolution. After the battles of Lexington and Concord, there was no going back.

6. avatar Geoff PR says:

Meh.

Next?

7. avatar Joe. Tast says:

I heard the last led smelting factory in america, in mosouri, I think was closed by epa. Does this mean all our lead bullits will be imported?

1. avatar JAlan says:

Most lead used in bullets is recycled, so there is no danger of a lead shortage. We get plenty of lead from abroad for all kinds of things. Plus, the plant was closing much before 2008, one of the reasons was that it wasn’t worth it to bring it up to standard with cheap lead coming overseas.

1. avatar Joe. Tast says:

Oh,, I wasnt worrird bout shortage,I was worried bout another danged import. Thanx for the info. Yes no lead shortage in china, they paint toys with it, apply it to the plastic in baby pacifiers, aresenic of lead pesticides , lol

2. avatar Geoff PR says:

No. (Edit – Some will, eventually)

Millions of tons of lead in old vehicle batteries…

8. avatar Frank Masotti says:

Guns are the ONLY thing protecting us. So yes they do mesh.

9. avatar Another Robert says:

Looks like he’s attached the flag to his rifle, so it’s still a flag, not a cape. Rifle “flagpole” may still be kitsch, but it’s higher-grade kitsch IMO.

10. avatar ThomasR. says:

I have an American flying in my front yard. When I see that flag flying, and what it represents, I can get all misty eyed. I actually have had an American hating progressive(but I repeat myself) ask me to take the flag down when I’m not there. Yep, he actually asked me to take it down.That is the level of self-hatred the progressives can have for their own country. What a shame that they have such shame for what is still, despite their best efforts, a beacon of freedom to the rest of the world.

Greatest country in the world! G-d Bless America!

1. avatar On the can all day every day says:

Piss him off even more and go out and get the biggest American flag you can and hoist that bitch up there. Then add insult to injury and put the Gadsden underneath.

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

Have you considered seeing a doctor about your colon? 🙂

1. avatar On the can all day everyday says:

I probably should. My name is more than humor, I really am ussually on the can when I visit here, and I’m only 30.

2. avatar Joe. Tast says:

Well I dont like that guy. Cant believe some “thing” would ask you to take it down. Yeh, big a$$ flag lighter up 24/7

11. avatar DavidZ says:

This video is beyond disturbing.

12. avatar Publius says:

That’s not patriotism, that’s nationalism – there’s a huge difference.

13. avatar BDub says:

00:54 Very Brave (or stupid) camera-man?