New from Copper Basin: Ruger 10/22 Takedown Backpack

Press release:

Nampa, Idaho –  -(Ammoland.com)- Copper Basin, LLC, manufacturers of innovative, lightweight bags and packs for hunting, hiking, and low profile firearm storage, is pleased to announce that its Ruger 10/22 Takedown Backpack is now available for purchase. The pack, available in discrete, low profile colors with non-military, non-law enforcement looking materials, allows the user to move confidently through urban and outdoor environments . . .

It is purposely built to blend into the surroundings for non-descript use while hiking, biking or simply walking from the car to the house. The rifle’s signature contours are obscured by layers of integrated structural foam.

Copper Basin Ruger® 10/22 Takedown Backpack inside view

The Ruger 10/22 Takedown Backpack is built with correctly dimensioned pockets to carry the Ruger 10/22 Takedown or Charger Pistol (with installed optics and bipods) securely. The hook and loop closures with cinch straps and fleece lined interiors aid in noise reduction and prevent wear. The quick access top flap allows for rapid removal and deployment of all firearm components, while the complete fold open design feature allows for easy access to components and gear.

Copper Basin Riger 10:22 (courtesy ammoland.com)

This stylish alternative for transporting the Ruger® 10/22 Takedown® or Charger® Pistol comes fully loaded with comfort details, including adjustable padded straps with carabiner loops, a padded, breathable mesh back featuring a lumbar support pad and plenty of additional accessory pockets, including storage for water bottles. There is also an adjustable sternum strap with a whistle buckle along with a vehicle head rest strap. The shoulder straps tuck into the back for snag free storage or to simplify the carry bag configuration.

Watch how the new Ruger 10/22 Takedown Backpack functions and can be used at: https://youtu.be/SvqYxl0Zruk

Copper Basin Ruger 10/22 Takedown Backpack Specifications:

Inner pockets:
     Rear Stock: 18” L x 9.5” W x 2” D
     Forend/Barrel: 18” L x 5” W x 2.5” D
     Accessory (x2): 9” L x 3.5” W x 1.5” D
Pack Dimensions: 23” L x 13” W x 5” D
Total Weight: 2.6 lbs. (1.2 kg.)
Material: Durable 420D Nylon
MSRP: $99.99
Copper Basin Ruger® 10/22 Takedown Backpack
Copper Basin Ruger® 10/22 Takedown Backpack is comfortable to wear anywhere.

About Copper Basin™:

Copper Basin™ develops gear for people who enjoy the wild, rugged outdoors as much as we do. Our quality products are made to last, and are designed to perform when they’re needed the most: in the field. Copper Basin™ gear is designed to go beyond just the basic feature set. Our design team spends countless hours making sure every product is packed with technical features and innovation that enhances your outdoor experience.

comments

1. avatar jwm says:

If we can’t look operator as fuck, what’s the point in having a .22 rimfire?

1. avatar thegreatclownpuncher says:

I don’t know why but I literally lol’d at this

2. avatar VF 77 says:

Needed a laugh today. Thanks

2. avatar MeRp says:

Seems sorta superfluous; people who are in to guns probably don’t care, and people who are not probably wouldn’t recognize the 10/22 takedown bag that comes with it. Perhaps there is some narrow circumstance where you may not want anyone to know that you are carrying a 10/22 around with you, but it seems like you could throw the regular bag inside a backpack to solve that issue?

1. avatar Jeff the Griz says:

Yeah but then your saving another $100. Why save money when you can give it up for more stuff?

2. avatar Oblamo binLyen says:

You don’t have a Takedown do you? The stock bag barely fits with a scope in place. Throw on that pistol grip and you’ve got a problem.

1. avatar MeRp says:

Ah, I hadn’t considered putting a pistol grip on it. Ok, fair enough.

3. avatar Dave says:

Having scoped my Takedown (the irons on it are garbage), the end of my stock sticks out of the bag & cannot be fully zipped. Not only would this solve that issue, having more than one thin strap the bag would make it far more comfortable to wear.

3. avatar Scrubula says:

Yeah the takedown comes with it’s own backpack. Has the red ruger logo on it but you could remove that if you wanted.

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

Removing or blacking out that garish Ruger logo is what I want to do if I get one.

I’m not seeing $100 in value for me here…

2. avatar Oblamo binLyen says:

The only way to ‘remove’ it is to cover it.

1. avatar Timmy! says:

No, you COULD spend hour after hour un-stitching it… like the “uger 10/” rifle bag thingy I gave up de-logoing a few years ago.

4. avatar Katy says:

The one downside to the Ruger bag is that with an optic it is just a hair tight. If Ruger made the bag a couple inches taller, I’d be tickled. Instead, this is tempting in a wasteful sort of way.

5. avatar VF 77 says:

Well i kinda like it actually. Looks well made. Discreet. If i had cash to burn, i’d buy one.

I have to say though that i personally never felt the urge to try to turn my 10/22 Takedown into some kind of tactical’d up make-believe combat-lookin rifle. But, i aint gonna frown on people for doing that. What’s life without a little fun, right? …It’s only when people take such a creation a little too seriously that i can’t help but snicker a little 😉 Oh well, all in good fun

6. avatar Chris says:

I think this is a good alternative however I’d like coyote. That’s my go to color, tactical stuff or not. Crusader looks to makes a nice one as well albeit simpler.

1. avatar NineShooter says:

I’m good with the gray+black color combo, but losing the cyan/blue would help.

A brown+tan version would be nice, I agree.

And reduce the size of the logo, or be prepared to pay me a monthly fee for being a billboard.

7. avatar PewPewPew says:

I’d pay $99 for a discreet backpack that gave me ready access to a sub2000 while still wearing it. However, the above backpack is of no use to me.

8. avatar David in NC says:

might work for an AR pistol…
    Hummmm

9. avatar LNJK says:

Guess I am really still ‘old school’. But I lost too many good men and had to write too many letters to back home to support any product made in ‘Nam. Sorry Charlie, I still hold a grudge.

1. avatar Frank in VA says:

Hate to break it to you, but if you are using a computer with a recent model Intel processor, there is good chance the processor was assembled in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.

Charlie ain’t in the trees anymore. He’s in your computer.

10. avatar tsbhoA.P.jr says:

the charger takedown does not come with a bag. or iron sights. and to put it in the carry case, the bipod must be removed. sort of.
    the boy will like this for his.

11. avatar Dan l says:

I think a 7 or 8 inch sbr or pistol ar would fit….now that ain’t bad

12. avatar CitizenPete says:

As an owner of a 10/22 TD, I have to laugh at the photos posted of this gun. I learned through empirical experience that a scope is worthless on this firearm. The scope mounts to the receiver and the front end and barrel are designed with some play after putting the two halves together. Therefore the scope will never hold zero, because the guns point of aim changes constantly. The small front and rear manual (iron sights) — both mounted on the barrel half of the gun — is what the operator is limited to.