Voters “deserve” the “right” to bypass Congress to disarm civilians (a.k.a., Safety for All)? I’m not so sure about that. Is that a right like the natural, civil and Constitutionally protected right to keep and bear arms? The last part of that, the Constitution, is, thank God, a barrier to mob rule, which is, apparently, a right. The Second Amendment Defense Committee reminds us exactly what California Lieutenant Governor Gavin Newsmen plans to do to his citizens’ gun rights . . .
Here’s what Gavin’s anti-gun ballot initiative will really do:
- BAN all standard (“high-capacity”) magazines, even “grandfathered” mags
- BAN online and mail order / catalog ammunition direct purchases
- BAN the importation of ammunition purchased out-of-state
- DESTROY virtually all small business ammo retailers with insane new regulations
- CRIMINALIZE the sharing of ammunition between friends
- MANDATE a new $50 DOJ “ammunition purchase permit”
- REQUIRE that ammunition sales are recorded in a new gun owner database
Will the petition garner the 100k signatures it needs to earn a place on the ballot? Watch this space and be afraid. Be very afraid.