From The Deepest Depths of Uselessness: Gun Safes Outfitted in Realtree Xtra Camo

Realtree Stacked Safes (courtesy ammoland.com)

Correct me if I’m wrong: camouflage (a.k.a., camo) exists to hide stuff. If so, a camo pen or knife is a really stupid idea. Drop it in the woods and it disappears. By the same token, camo wedding dresses are . . . I guess that depends on the bride in question, subjectively speaking. OK, yes, I know: camo is also a lifestyle choice. It tells the world you love the great outdoors. In that sense, Realtree’s stackable camo gun safes (press release after the jump) are a perfectly defensible choice. I’m not sure how much security they provide; no mention is made of screwing the safe to the floor or to each other. A thief could simply walk away with a drawer full of guns, hide them somewhere in the forest and never find them again. If a camo safe falls in the woods . . .

Real tree camo safe (courtesy ammoland.com)

Columbus, GA -(AmmoLand.com)- The first gun safe designed to fit under a bed, in a vehicle or stacked in a closet is outfitted in Realtree Xtra camo.

Proudly made in the U.S.A., the Realtree gun safe is outfitted with all of the features of a quality upright gun safe, but in a design that allows for easy storage. Realtree gun safes are perfect for the gun owners who values superior craftsmanship and security.

Weighing in at 185 pounds and available with electronic keypad and key entry, the safe offers maximum security and quality. Gun owners will sleep soundly knowing they have secure and convenient access to their valuables and weapons when they want them. This gun safe is built to be the last one you’ll ever need to buy.

Features:

• Interior illumination with two lights inside drawer
  • Two steel reinforced channels on top to assist with stacking/top loading
  • Heavy duty under mount drawer slides
  • Four 3″ x 3/4″ steel flat bar in back of safe for reinforcement
  • Dual-locking feature via a high-security internal locking latch which provides a fifth point of locking
  • Hardened drill plate
  • Motorized actuator to release the pins and electronic latch in back
  • Exterior dimensions – 50″ W x 20.25″ D x 6.75″ H
  • Interior dimensions –  46.5″ W x 12.25″ D x 3.25″ H
  • Standard Lock – SecuRam biometric/keypad code
  • Standard Lock – Electronic lock
  • Lock Upgrade – S & G biometric/keypad code
  • Lock Upgrade – Electronic lock
  • Heavy gauge one-piece steel construction
  • Silver lock
  • Heavy-gauge one-piece steel construction
  • Black felt lined with padding
  • 1/2″ metal plate front with automatic spring drawer
  • High-security rotary key lock for manual opening
  • Plaque with unique serial number
  • Limited lifetime warranty

comments

1. avatar jwm says:

Wow. You never go full retard.

1. avatar Kris says:

As long as we’re dredging things up from the depths of uselessness, how about the Kriss Vector?

2. avatar Joseph Quixote says:

I don’t get the camo safe, the camo bed sheets, the camo pillows and people walking around wearing camo while shopping at wally mart. After awhile it looks like someone puked brown, green and black.

1. avatar Pascal says:

Realtree Xtra Camo is the new “Zombie” day glow green.

There is nothing to understand, it is the new thing.

Don’t get it myself, but whatever if they make and people buy it. Fine by me. What I often find is when stuff like this falls out of style, you can pick it up real cheap on clearance.

1. avatar John says:

Gotta love the marketing fads, wait for the fad to wear off and get the stuff cheap.
        I picked up a bunch of MTM 50cal ammo cans for 9 bucks each on clearance, they were the Zombie ones on clearance. Who cares what they look like, there just gonna sit in a closet anyway.

2. avatar Rooster says:

I’ve noticed that in the past several years some kids from the suburbs have started started calling themselves rednecks as a way of building an identity of some sorts for themselves. This usually involves wearing camo from Walmart, getting drunk around an improper/ dangerous fire in someone’s back yard, making racist statements, and handling firearms in an unsafe manner.

I do know if “real” rural rednecks act like this as I have never lived in a rural area for any considerable amount of time, but due to my observations I now cringe whenever I see camo anywhere outside of the woods

1. avatar Colton in TN says:

As a “real” redneck, I can confirm we dislike suburban posers funded by daddy the same. And we know how to handle fire and arms.

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

And you can’t pigeonhole rednecks.

They vary from wife-beater t-shirt welders through Brooks Brothers suit-wearing investment bankers.

3. avatar Tommycat says:

I wear a camo hat. It’s a wide brim, and I wear it because I got it broke in just right. Other than that… meh. I wear whatever I grabbed outta the closet.

I actually like the stackable safe. Well drawer safe. So I can shove it under the bed where I don’t have anything.

3. avatar Geoff PR says:

I’m surprised I haven’t seen good-‘ole-boys with full body camo tattoos yet…

1. avatar Joseph Quixote says:

+1! : )

2. avatar jwm says:

You gotta have different camo for different seasons. And for different geography. Even red necks ain’t that committed.

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

Ho-Lee Guacamole…

I ought to be surprised, but I’m not…

3. avatar John L. says:

Well, if it was a good tattoo, you wouldn’t have seen them … right?

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

Only if they were nekkid… 🙂

4. avatar Von Schmitto says:

I never thought of that. I just hunt here in Florida. Full body palmetto tat. I like it.

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

With a coupla big-assed palmetto bugs?

*snicker*

1. avatar anaxis says:

Those are bugs? I thought they were really ugly Floridian mice…..

4. avatar Taro Tsujimoto says:

My camo is khaki pants, a golf shirt and a tennis racket bag with a disassembled AR-15 in it.

1. avatar jwm says:

A Bond Villain.

5. avatar Jacob McMerth says:

The duffle I use to hold my cycling gear is camo. Why? Because I liked it better than the black one.

6. avatar dph says:

Beyond the whole camo thing, WTF is with this price tag, $2799.95. They are out of their mind. http://www.wardogsafe.com/shop/product.php?productid=17545&cat=260&page=1

1. avatar Bob says:

^this. Holy shiz, that is stupid expensive for that size safe.

I was interested until I saw that (not the camp part)

2. avatar anaxis says:

For that much, I’d rather get one of those cool Tactical Walls TV lift-cabinets.

7. avatar MurrDog says:

None of the pictures in the article seem to be working, just all blank.

1. avatar Vv ind says:

They’re working extra well then. Look harder, Its camo

8. avatar Paul53 says:

On the subject of camouflage, I just can’t see it.

9. avatar Pagan says:

My favorite is high visibility vest on top of camo clothing.
    Like adding sugar to a diet soda.

10. avatar On the can says:

I get camo for SHTF prepparedness, and bird hunting, and really I get it if you just like to wear it, it’s ussually quite comfortable. But for most hunting it doesn’t really make sense because you have to wear an insane amount of orange. What’s the point of camo if you have to wear blaze orange?

1. avatar PerplexedPistolero says:

Surprisingly enough, for big game hunting in California, you don’t have to wear any blaze orange. I was rather chuffed at that, but then again I hunt well away from most of the Fudd ‘it’s coming right at us’ types.

Hear you on just plain comfortable, though. Hunting pants must pass a ‘can you sleep in them’ test for me. The equivalent fabrics to decent outdoor gear are somewhat cheaper in camo than ski/mountaineer colors. Unless you’re talking MultiCam, because licensing fees. Damn, the premium on those.

1. avatar jwm says:

My feet and hands have to be dry and warm. Else I turn into a whiny 7 yo girl.

2. avatar max says:

I wear camo for hunting. Yes, with big game I have to wear blaze orange on top. But I don’t want to get animal blood on other clothes too. And the scent less soap is expensive. I would rather use it only on one set of clothes.

Camo for my ex-gf’s closet would look like 300 pairs of shoes.

12. avatar Former Water Walker says:

It’s a LOOK. Nothing else. Not a hunter and not a fan but I’m sure they’ll sell some.

13. avatar RockOnHellChild says:

Still not fully understanding the nuances of Southern culture, are you, Robert?

The Camo everything people are the “country” suburbs/city folks – you know, the jacked up truck with no dirt on it, only listen to pop country music, live in the zero acre sub-division, and buy distress jeans with crosses and angels and sh*t on the butt types.

Occasionally, they can be proper country folks, but, if so, they usually are not very bright and easily buy into overpriced trendy BS.

1. avatar HP says:

Haha, your second paragraph describes a friend of mine perfectly. So much so that I’m going to use it to tease him. Don’t worry, I’ll give “some guy on a gun website” credit.

14. avatar Michael says:

I find “green pajamas” (bdus) very comfortable. …

15. avatar TXGal says:

I’d go for a shiney black gun safe like my daddy had. Camo? Nope, double nope!

16. avatar Indiana Tom says:

My daughter has a hunting lodge themed living room which actually worked out fairly well. I can see a safe with camo colors if done right.

17. avatar Badgerman says:

So, it’s ok to have a custom camo job done to your $2500 carbine (which is very cool), but most only shoot at a range. But, not cool to have a camo gun safe?

1. avatar jwm says:

Bro, do you even operate?

1. avatar Badgerman says:

+1000

18. avatar D3 says:

I like the concept but I’d rather have it in black or gray

19. avatar Larry says:

Camo the most under appreciated art form .

It’s ok I don’t get khakis and shirts with buttons .

1. avatar PerplexedPistolero says:

I just start laughing when I see people wearing khakis and button up shirts. How are you going to hide the barbecue stains? Haven’t found the stain remover yet to get that out of solids.

20. avatar Adrik says:

Each one of those damn things is over $2,500.00. Considering they include freight still that is like a $2000 “safe” that holds maybe two tactical rifles and a few handguns.

21. avatar Kyle says:

Camo is not just for hiding things anymore, it is also for fashion and decoration now.

22. avatar Jeff the Griz says:

Wow a lot of hate for this product and very few complaints are about the price. These are camo, so what? How many people see your safe or even know where it’s at? I hunt and I use camo for time in the woods, and most my cold weather gear is camo. Would I buy a safe if it was camo, if the black or solid color one was the same price or less probably not, but again few people see my safe anyways.

23. avatar Mark N. says:

I don’t need camo to store guns in my garage. I throw “stuff” out there and it just plain disappears for months.

24. avatar Bob says:

I bought a camo shirt once. Hung it up in the closet, … and I haven’t seen it since!

I think when you see someone dressed in camo clothes, you should just walk into them. To let them know that it is working, ya know.

25. avatar Hamster in a Wheel says:

You are wrong. Camouflage isn’t meant to hide stuff, at least not Realtree or Mossy Oak. They’re pretty crappy as camouflage. Ever wonder why no military uses anything similar?
    Instead, they’re meant to attract rednecks. And it works damn well at that.

26. avatar Justin A says:

When I started in the world of firearms, it was make it basket weave and someone will buy it. now it’s Molle/PALS webbing or some sort of camouflage.

So for almost $2,800, is it even fire rated? For that price I can get a decent fire rated safe and throw a
    Realtree blanket over it for even more redneck sheek

Respectfully Submitted

27. avatar Nelson says:

Oh Farago, not everyone grew up with a wealthy mom’s trust and NYC liberal intelligentsia induced modern art trendiness caviar taste.

xD

You had that comin, budda. Realtree is the common man’s Armani. Leave it be.

28. avatar Hunter427 says:

I wear camo because I like it. It let these libtard know were I really want to be, out in the wood with a bow or gun in my hand.
    Trapped in Queens NY