Everyday Carry Pocket Dump of the Day: Jonathan

156b45adc3b206

TTAG reader Jonathan noted our new Everyday Carry series and submitted his own daily carry configuration. That’s a CZ-75 P-01 with custom grips that he hauls in a Just Holster It IWB rig. Check out the details on the rest of his EDC gear (including that nice fixed blade) at Everyday Carry.

comments

1. avatar Shwiggie says:

Thumbs up for the P01.

2. avatar Drew says:

Thumbs up for any cz pistol!

3. avatar Matt from RI says:

And finally a spare mag. An extra mag has been sorely missing from the majority of these EDC posts.

4. avatar AznMike says:

Ooh, nice CZ. I plan on getting the Omega version once it’s available.

1. avatar Yama says:

+1 much want

5. avatar Frank in VA says:

I’ve got a serious case of pocket envy.

6. avatar Taylor TX says:

Curious about the kydex sheath for the fixed blade. I am a HUGE fan of having a fixed blade and folder. I had to mod my CRKT Obake sheath with some snap the dot loops to properly wear it iwb. Would LOVE to find a good sheath maker to assist in making a nice home for a couple of my older “grandpa” knives I love to skin with.

1. avatar jim says:

I agree, I prefer a fixed blade but they’re illegal here in Seattle even with a cpp. A 3″ folder is legal though. Makes no sense to me.

P01 is my carry pistol as well.

7. avatar Michigunner says:

Nice to see others carrying a P-01, I love mine and never leave home without it. For me, it is the best shooting handgun I have ever owned, and I have owned more than a few.

8. avatar Jim says:

My EDC rig is a M&P .45c in a Crossbreed supertuck, spare mag in a Crossbreed owb carrier and a small CRKT folder in my front pocket. Fairly basic setup but it’s comfortable enough to wear all day, every day (I’m lucky enough to be able to carry at work).

9. avatar Don from CT says:

I want to see his magical belt that keeps his pants up.

1. avatar Mattb says:

It’s all in the hips

10. avatar Rich Gun Guy says:

Thanks so much for sharing Jonathan. Can we stop using the term EDC now? Seriously, this is the most asinine topic.

1. avatar Frank in VA says:

Sorry friend, but I think EDC has become fully canonized in the lexicon of the POTG.

I don’t consider myself a pocket voyeur, but I find this stuff kind of interesting. The fact that many present day Americans still carry the same kind of gear in their trousers that men like Thomas Jefferson did gives me a certain satisfaction also. Clothes may change with the current fashions, but tradition lives on in our pockets.

2. avatar Jonathan says:

Thanks for the compliment. I shared because I’ve spend good time and money getting my gear refined. There is a method to the madness and I learned from other people’s setups. I’m to the point where I can put together my setup like picking out pants. What knife or gun will it be today. I carry a Dan Wesson 4 inch with underwood xtps when I’m feeling saucy.