Everyday Carry Pocket Dump of the Day: Frank

15693b3c2dabc8_1

Simple. Functional. Efficient. Effective. Frank, who’s in law enforcement, has chosen gear — including the GLOCK 43 — that does the job he’s most likely to need done without over-doing it. Check out all the details at Everyday Carry.

comments

1. avatar Jon in NC says:

Don’t know many guys who carry Coach wallets but I like his style !!

2. avatar uncommon_sense says:

So, how well do those minimalist “holsters” work that only cover the trigger guard?

Are they a good idea for striker fired semi-auto pistols with light (under 6 pound) trigger pulls?

1. avatar Eric says:

They block the trigger, take up next to zero space and work just fine in my experience. Care must be taken in reholstering and it is not a one handed affair.

2. avatar Jon in NC says:

I use one for my S&W Shield and LOVE it !!!

1. avatar Rokurota says:

The Raven Concealment Vanguard 2 for Glock works great.

3. avatar Kyle says:

It’s not recommended that you re-holster the firearm with it attached to your body. But as far as footprint is concerned. The gun disappears! Veil Solutions has a great one too.

4. avatar Curtis in IL says:

I don’t know why trigger pull weight would be part of your question. Like any good holster, they keep your bugger hook off the bang switch. Trigger weight is irrelevant until you clear leather (or kydex).

1. avatar uncommon_sense says:

My question implies my concern that the trigger guard could slide/shift somewhat and partially expose the trigger. If a handgun’s trigger is partially exposed, then trigger weight and striker “action” could be significant … or not. Hence my question.

3. avatar Anner says:

Gun guys are invariably also knife and flashlight guys…gadgets and stuff. That’s an O-Light S10, and a dandy little powerhouse. I use one for camping and walking out to close up the animals at night (farm animals, not our children…).

For daily carry where I may employ a flashlight defensively, a tail cap switch with momentary illumination is a must. My current favorite is the Fenix PD35, though the Nitecore model is almost identical (just a couple mm longer overall).

For church attire, or where I know it’s gonna be broad daylight everywhere I’m headed, a streamlight 2xAAA model is perfect.

1. avatar -Peter says:

I’m a 4Sevens Mini123 guy, myself.

1. avatar What about Bob says:

Agree on the Mini123, absolute perfection for a pocket light, and not crazy expensive.

2. avatar Jon in CO says:

For EDC, I like the Streamlight (x)L lights. If I lose one, no big deal. Lost a few Surefire’s and was not happy. Currently, the Protac 1L is great. 1CR123 and 180 lumens with a strobe. Don’t need 5 different settings for EDC in my opinion.

1. avatar Anner says:

Oh man, I feel the pain. 2 lost sure fires and I finally quit the brand. Those sting

4. avatar Ed says:

I love the EDC pocket dump series! For those of us that live in “shall issue” states, I think a great follow up would be an EDC Home Carry series. Just a thought…

5. That holsters is one giant piece of junk. You never get the same draw twice.