Police Thwart Terrorist Attack on Disneyland Paris

“A man carrying two guns has been arrested at Euro Disney,” metro.co.uk reports. “Police have detained the armed man, aged 28, in Seine-et-Marne near Paris. His firearms, thought to be handguns, were concealed in a bag. Security staff alerted police at around midday after the man’s weapons were picked up as he walked through an X-ray scanner while trying to book a hotel room. French media say the European man was stopped at the New York Hotel.” Here’s what they found . . .

As well as the two handguns, the suspect was carrying a box of bullets and a copy of the Koran on him, according to police sources.

An Interior Ministry official confirmed the arrest. The man was not previously known to police or intelligence services.

So a “European man” (a French citizen born in Lagny who lives in Paris) with a couple of handguns carrying a Koran attempted to enter Disneyland Paris. I’m thinking Islamic terrorist. Despite widespread coverage in the mainstream media, those words are curiously absent from the stories. Disney advertising influence, political correctness or sensible journalistic caution? We report, you deride.

[h/t TP]

comments

1. avatar Rob C says:

I read he was not just a “European Man” but also a “Modern Man”. Not to be confused with “Muslim Extremist” or “Middle Aged Muslim Male Clinging to Guns And Religion”. Literally.

2. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

They don’t want to infuriate the musloid goat humpers, so they left the part about his name being Barry or mohammed out.

1. avatar Cliff H says:

I would guess that the press was being pressured to not include the “Islamic Terrorist” description in the article and I applaud the writer for slipping in the reference to the koran in the backpack. Unless this was some suicidal Catholic trying to blame the attack on Islam for some nefarious reason I think the inclusion of the koran reference was brilliant.

3. avatar Richard R says:

Disney advertising influence and political correctness combined with uncertainty regarding motives, although personally I lean towards terrorism.

4. avatar Dyspeptic Gunsmith says:

A couple of guns, a box of bullets and Koran.

It’s those damn Lutherans again…

1. avatar Mk10108 says:

Chuckle for the day

2. avatar Art out West says:

Sounds like what is in the trunk of my car. Actually, I currently have only one gun (Marlin 795) and have 2 boxes of .22 ammo in there.

I don’t think that makes me a terrorist.

1. avatar HP says:

Outside of the U.S., that’s apparently considered an “arsenal”.

2. avatar Richard Would says:

Do you carry them into Disneyland?

5. avatar tdiinva (now in Wisconsin) says:

And he must of gone to the Crown Point gun show so he could by the guns without background check.

1. avatar uncommon_sense says:

That’s right … when is Europe going to close their “gunshow loophole”?

6. avatar dph says:

I guess he wasn’t a very serious terrorist, only 20 rounds and only one mag for each gun. I thought you could just pick up an AK in a park under a bush or something.

1. avatar Art out West says:

His load out sounds more like a concealed carrier, than a terrorist.

Somewhere, I read that the guns and ammo were 7.65 mm. That is a .32 acp isn’t it? Sounds like a pitiful terrorist if he is only carrying a Kel-Tec P32 or something.

1. avatar Cliff H says:

Terror is about terror, not maximum body count. The box of ammo could have been 50 rounds, not 20, I don’t know if the article specified.

The point is, in a crowded Target Rich Zone, especially one where there are whole families of infidels and I suspect damn few Muslims, emptying two pistol magazines into that crowd creates maximum terror and a big splash in the news. Whether or not he had time to reload before the authorities were all over him, mission accomplished.

He was unable to smuggle two small pistols into the hotel or park. Maybe it was a test of defenses? At any rate, they now know that if they want an AK for the job they have to find another way to get past the gates.

1. avatar Desert Ranger Tycho says:

Exactly. The impact on tourism to both France and that most western of symbols, Disney, would be devastating…

2. avatar Art out West says:

Did the authorities really “thwart a terrorist”, or did they just bust some dude for carrying guns in manner contrary to the law. Who knows? I don’t. He may well have been a terrorist.

1. avatar Hannibal says:

Bingo. I think we know why everyone here is assuming he’s a terrorist when they could just as easily be the ones ‘caught’ carrying guns into a hotel.

7. avatar Angela Nurgle says:

I’m shocked SHOCKED … that Disneyland Paris is still around.

1. avatar bLoving says:

This: I thought that place went belly-up years ago. If Islamic terrorists are targeting that money loser they must be looking for a lower body count.

2. avatar Art out West says:

I’ve been to Tokyo Disney (18 years ago). It is pretty popular.

8. avatar Mark Lloyd says:

I wonder if those were automatic guns, where you just hold the trigger and they just spray bullets?

1. avatar John Fritz, HMFIC says:

Well according to the breathless reporting I heard when this story first surfaced he had automatic guns. Not pistols. Not two pistols. Not automatic pistols. Just those pesky automatic guns again.

Didn’t hear anything about that darn Koran though.

But definitely AUTOMATIC GUNS!!!!!!

(heard ad nauseum)

1. avatar Mosinfan says:

Of course they were ‘automatic guns’. It’s too hard to spray .9mm bullets everywhere from your clip magazine thingies while shifting and operating the clutch! At least he had handguns; those shoulder thingies that go up cause extra carnage!

9. avatar ThomasR says:

Hmmm, another example of a religion, as one gets more devout, the more homicidal one becomes.

Actually, it fits more the definition of a cult, or a criminal orginization. Especially the part where If a Muslim converts to another religion, or becomes an athiest, the Hadith commands that all good muslims should kill them. You know, blood in, blood out.

Also as a criminal organization, they look at anyone out side of their group as fair game for rape, pillage, plunder and murder.

1. avatar DAN V says:

You say thay like there are more than one religion that description.

10. avatar JAlan says:

At first I thought it must have been an angry Star Wars fan.

Wow. It really is a small world after all.

1. avatar Indiana Tom says:

1964 Worlds Fair Disney Exhibit. Yes, it is a small world after all. Sing along children.

12. avatar mike oregon says:

A “Box of bullets” did he have casings, powder, scale , primers and a lee loader as well?

1. avatar Art out West says:

I got a Lee Loader recently. It is a lot of fun, though reloading .38 sp. one at a time is a slow process.

13. avatar pres stone says:

but those guns aren’t allowed. how did he do it???-said no gun enthusiast ever.

14. avatar James69 says:

Soon cops will be carrying throwaways – the Koran……

15. avatar uncommon_sense says:

If a spree killer or terrorist really wants to get firearms into a Disney property, all they have to do is walk them up to the fence at some non-descript part of the property in the middle of the night. Then enter the park the next day, go to said location, retrieve firearms from the fence, and go to town.

Or they could just kill a bazillion people in the massive crowd at the entrance to the park that have not yet gone through the metal detectors … and the enterprising spree killer doesn’t need a firearm to do it.

16. avatar jwm says:

European Male? With a gun? Mind boggled…….

17. avatar Hannibal says:

Wow, I carry guns into hotels all the time. Guess I’m a terrorist?

1. avatar Art out West says:

I usually only carry one gun into a hotel (my EDC). I guess it is the second one that makes you a terrorist. The third one makes you a 3-gun enthusiast.

18. avatar outwardhound says:

What’s

19. avatar JohnF says:

Can’t help but be reminded of a Letterman joke from years ago:

“Disney announced today that there would be no more fireworks in the evening at Euro Disney outside of Paris. It seems that every time the fireworks would start, French people would try to surrender to German tourists.”

1. avatar Indiana Tom says:

….or beg Americans to save them.

20. avatar Mark says:

I wonder how the jewish people can be blamed for this. Perhaps Obamba knows. Maybe the guy was Jewish and had a sidur and they thought it was a koran. Why doesn’t disney give him a job so he won’t want to kill anyone.

21. avatar Bobby says:

Just check out the media blackout on the widespread, coordinated rape and sexual assault attacks by young Muslim “refugees” in Cologne, Germany on New Year’s Eve. Alex Jones and the black helicopter Dale Gribble crew seem less and less crazy the more I see things like this.