BREAKING: Bundy Drivers Says Finicum Shot While Charging Police; Daughter Says He Was Murdered


“Robert ‘LaVoy’ Finicum, the spokesman of the refuge occupation, was shot and killed after he charged police during a roadside stop north of Burns on Tuesday, according to a man on Facebook who claims to be the driver of one of two vehicles involved in the highway shooting.” That’s the 411 from Les Zaitz, senior investigative reporter at Problem: Mark McConnell’s Facebook page is now blank. As is the deceased’s daughter’s Facebook page. One of our readers sent a screen cap of the LaVoyandjeanette Facebook page before it was wiped. I’ve posted it after the jump. As of this writing, we only have Zaitz’ description of McConnell’s video. A second-hand account as follows . . .

In his video, McConnell said Ammon Bundy and Cavalier were in the vehicle he was driving to John Day for a community meeting. He said Finicum was driving a pickup that carried Ryan Bundy, Payne, Cox and an 18-year-old girl.

He said as they traveled on U.S. 395 police vehicles pulled in behind them and stopped them. McConnell said he was removed by police first, then Ammon Bundy then Cavalier.

He said Finicum’s pickup was stopped about 200 yards away, and one passenger already was on the ground in handcuffs.

McConnell said Payne and Cox later recounted how Payne and Finicum got into a “heated discussion” about what to do.

“LaVoy was passionate about this, about the movement,” McConnell said.

McConnell said he noticed movement, and Finicum “took off” in the pickup with the remaining passengers. He said Payne and Cox described encountering a police roadblock about a mile north on the highway and apparently tried to get around it, becoming stuck in the snow.

“When he exited the vehicle, the rear wheels were still spinning,” McConnell said. “He charged at law enforcement” and was shot.

McConnell disputed earlier accounts on social media that Finicum was shot while on his knees with his hands up.

McConnell said he and the 18-year-old were taken to Burns for questioning and later released.

His account couldn’t be immediately confirmed, but several details matched accounts from law enforcement sources.

The above story doesn’t fit the narrative of a murderous FBI and Oregon State Police. The screen cap from Mr. Finicum’s daughter [now wiped] Facebook page does, presenting a very different not-to-say inflammatory picture of events surrounding her father’s death.


Police have scheduled a news conference for 10:30am PST. More details as we get them.