Hi-Point: Now in More Colors, Camo Patterns, and…Scoped?

DSC04556

Hi-Point pistols and carbines are now available in more colors and camouflage patterns. I kept my gun snob’s upturned nose a safe distance away and snapped some photos while peering through the holes I’d cut in a paper bag . . .

Not sure if camouflage is ideal on a front sight blade.

DSC04555

Words between pictures.

DSC04558

And the moment you’ve all been waiting for!

DSC04557

Seems like it would throw off the weight balance while holding it sideways, though.

comments

1. avatar Curtis in IL says:

Darn.
    That scope isn’t on their web site yet.
    I bet it costs $45 and another $10 for the mount.
    And I bet it would fit in my Glock 17.
    And I bet it would work just fine.

1. avatar Curtis in IL says:

Ok I was a little off.
      $92.00 for the scope
      $89.50 for the mount
      From iberiaxtras.com

They also have speed holsters for your optics-equipped Hi-Point.

2. avatar Vhyrus says:

If it was cheap I was going to buy that mount for my airsoft gun, but 100 bucks is more than the damn gun itself cost!

3. avatar Justin says:

Hey i just bought a mount for my glock 22 off ebay for $11 and it works great for a scooe and also has a bottom picatinny rail for light or laser

2. avatar PeterW says:

Hi-Point =/= balanced
    Hi-Point = appliance

3. avatar Joe R. says:

ohh yeah, so crazy, you can feel it sucking you in.

4. avatar SpeleoFool says:

If you combined some of that camo with one of those scopes you’d have a shooter straight out of Borderlands.

1. avatar Wade Garret says:

You sir, have just made me want a highpoint for the first time in my life. Borderlands was the bomb!

5. avatar Zarba says:

Still considering a H-P .45 ACP as a trunk/lake house gun. Cheap, easy, not worried if it gets stolen.Like the desert camo just because.

6. avatar Marco says:

Ya know, I’ve always thought everything looks worse in camo, but hi-point proved me wrong: it actually looks BETTER in camo.

1. avatar Curtis in IL says:

Only because the camo hides the shape.

1. avatar Willy Long says:

Like a fat chick wearing stripes… or camo

7. avatar Nate in the land of townships says:

1. avatar Anonymoose says:

Just give in and by a Star Super B.

2. avatar OHgunner says:

I’m not ashamed to say that I had a hi point in college… Well maybe I’m ashamed but my theory on guns is the same as my theory on blowjobs… A bad one is still better than none at all.

1. avatar joe says:

Bears repeating!

3. avatar NJ2AZ says:

my first gun was a hi point because i was pretty poor at the time.

i traded it in when i finally upgraded..kind of wish i kept it just as a reminder that times can be lean..

it was reasonably accurate, when it actually decided to fire instead of stovepipe.

4. avatar Stuki Moi says:

Which is yet another affirmation of the lifetime income hypothesis….

People who will never be able to afford to be a broke college kid, often live in locales where guns are more obviously useful. HiPoints work well enough for home defense. Concealment, not so much, but they have a pretty good reputation for reliability.

1. avatar Tyler Durdan says:

Thank You Stuki, I sell guns for a living, and I can tell you I see more problems with Ruger and Remington than I EVER have with a High Point… I hate fuckin gun snobs… That being said; my Daniel Defense is better than yours… lol

5. avatar Geoff PR says:

“This broke college student will still hold out for a time when he can afford an m&p or a glock.”

Are you gonna say that when a crack-head is breaking down your front door?

HiPoint’s are reliable. They go bang when you hit the switch.

When you can afford a GLOCK brand GLOCK, get one and retire the HiPoint to the safe as an extra.

Someone you care about someday may have need for a gun loan *fast*.

If it never gets returned, no big loss since you now have the Glock…

Buy the damn HiPoint. 🙂

8. avatar Jeff the Griz says:

“Words between pictures” I lol’ed.

9. avatar FlamencoD says:

Cars, guns, etc…why is it that low priced options are all ugly? Why can’t someone design a nice looking cheap gun?

1. avatar Jeremy says:

A few years back when I was looking to get a Jackson Rhoads guitar, all the interesting paint jobs were on the lower end models. An RR1 (the higher end of the production line) only came in black, white, and I think one other color I’m not recalling off the top of my head. I wanted the blue sunburst, but wasn’t willing to sacrifice a better built guitar for looks alone.

2. avatar RatInDaHat says:

I think the SCCY’s look alright. Not supermodel good looks, but alright. I think it also falls into the cheap category. I want to buy one just to play around with at some point.

3. avatar Scoutino says:

Design costs money. Good design costs lots of money. To keep price down you have to cut costs. Cars, motorcycles or guns, pretty is expensive.

10. avatar JSJ says:

If camo is supposed to hide an item by making it look like it’s surroundings, shouldn’t Hi Point’s be made to look like the waistband of saggy sweatpants?

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

That’s actually an idea…

Butt-Crack camouflage.

In various shades to match various skin tones…

11. avatar James69 says:

What no pink camo carbines?? Hey! Say what you will, the damm things work well.

The Dahl Hornet. Semi-auto from hip, Burst fire when zoomed.

1. avatar Jeremy S. says:

I believe all of these patterns and colors (and more) are available on the carbines as well. The first sentence alluded to that, but apparently I neglected to take any pics of the carbines.

12. avatar anaxis says:

Some of those camo patterns would be far more appropriate and appealing on their carbines. While Hi-Point pistols are a bad joke, the carbines are much gooder. I’ve tested two (9mm/.40S&W). I found them to be reliable, handy, and liked them enough to consider buying one as a truck/cabin gun, probably the .40 flavor. But it’s far more likely I’ll just hold out for an M1 carbine.

13. avatar jwm says:

See what happens when you put wanker rails on a pistol? Some wanker comes along and clutters the pistol up with useless fiddly bits.

If you can afford the hi point, the 90 buck scope and the 90 buck mount you can afford a decent used Glock or Ruger.

1. avatar Chris. says:

But then you don’t get the scope duh.

2. avatar DJ says:

I was planning on topmounting a tactical light/laser. 😉

14. avatar Big Bill says:

What about crome?

1. avatar jwm says:

“Chrome packin’ whitey hatin’…..”

2. avatar Anonymous says:

Gold plated is what they need.

They could call it the “Say Wha!?” production line.

1. avatar jwm says:

Chrome plated is the Dindu Nuffin line.

1. avatar Disthunder says:

Oh damn. That one was a good un.

3. avatar VeeThree says:

Maybe a little bling with some diamonds? Those look good, right?

15. avatar Adub says:

Camo on the front sights? What Hi-Point owner uses those?

16. avatar Anonymous says:

Not interested. They are some ugly mugs. I almost bought one of their carbines once – but it only accepts single stack mags – so I passed.

17. avatar Eric Douglas says:

What Hi-Point “owner” uses sights in the first place? Lol

18. avatar Higgs says:

Any camo you see on there pistols they also have for there Carbines. HI-point’s web site got an update not long ago and it had all the camo. They are even selling designer grips now.

1. avatar jwm says:

designer grips? Silk purse, meet sow’s ear.

19. avatar adverse says:

No, just no.

20. avatar John says:

Aw, too bad, no “new” extended magazines for the carbine? That’s what I really want to see out them, I’d buy one of those carbines right away if it had a reliable 20 or 30 round mag. Now that’s a trunk gun.

21. avatar Mike says:

If only they made the carbines accepted double stack mags, Glock mags would be great.

22. avatar Former Water Walker says:

Well they DO make pos Hi-points look better. So homie can pretend he has a Glock…

1. avatar James69 says:

No you sell the hi-point and tell em it’s a glock. Just bigger.

A scoped Hi-Point? Really? You can put the Hubble Telescope on a Hi-Point and it still wouldn’t be accurate.

1. avatar Jeff the Griz says:

Say what you will about how ugly and inefficient a high point is, but I have seen a .45 acp outshoot 2 different $1,000 1911s.

24. avatar TruthTellers says:

So we can get a Hi Point with a scope on it, but we can’t get a Hi Point in 10mm Auto because it’d be “too big”

Okay…

25. avatar Chris T from KY says:

I love my hi point JHP 45. It was first gun purchase. It is still as ugly as is was on the first day I held it.
    It shoots great. These color patterns give me some good ideas for my firearm. DuraCoat might be in the future.

26. avatar Rooster says:

I’m sorry, but those camo schemes are not doing the brand image any favors. It’s like something you would find on a cheap Walmart t-shirt. It’s a shame because for the amount of gun you get per dollar hi-point deserves more respect.

1. avatar Jeremy S. says:

These guys were at SHOT Show, and I kind of think the alligator camouflage is full-on “people of Wal-Mart” http://www.bullgatoroutfitters.com/#!store/c19rm

Image: https://www.meyercousa.com/Web_Support/BGSS/BGSS_400.jpg

27. avatar Partigiano says:

This has been posted here before by others. I believe it appropriate to post it again.

1. avatar JohnF says:

I love that video! I have seen it here before, but if you hadn’t re-posted it, I would have. I think there is an interesting and attractive part of the American psyche that is about creating a winner from an underdog, making something great out of a hopeless cause.

Just look at what people do with really awful car designs, hot-rodding them and making them into works of art. I’m a musician (mandolin, guitar, banjo, etc.) and I’m very aware of a long standing tradition of making stringed instruments out of cigar boxes, antique food tins, etc. It’s become an art form in and of itself. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cigar_box_guitar

I think a Hi-Point is an appropriate “canvas” to make something from nothing. Would I use one for self-defense? No way! But I appreciate the effort.

2. avatar jwm says:

All this video really proves is that a good man prevails in spite of crap equipment.

28. avatar James69 says:

Hey they have t-shirts and hats and a decal for the back of my truck. I gotta get me a shirt to wear to the range next time……

29. avatar Peter says: