KRISS Launches Vector with Factory Attached Pistol Arm Brace, More Calibers Coming Soon

P1190419

The KRISS Vector has been on the market for a couple years now. Their problem is that the gun is a SMG, not a rifle or a pistol. It really needs to have a short barrel and a stock to work properly. They’ve tried every which way they can to get around the NFA prohibition on unregistered short barreled rifles, including offering a 16 inch version with a hilariously long “barrel shroud” disguised as a silencer. Now, though, they’ve finally embraced the SB Tactical pistol arm brace, and are offering a version of the gun with the brace installed at the factory . . .

Also coming down the pike are new calibers. The 9mm version started shipping in Q4 of 2015. I shot the full auto version…and it was absolutely delightful. It had none of the problems I found with the .45ACP version. Up next: .40 S&W with .357 SIG following shortly thereafter.

The nice thing about all these different calibers is that the gun uses an interchangeable barrel system. Buy one gun, and you can get a caliber conversion kit for anything else you want shipped to your door. The one exception might be a .22lr version (which is still on the drawing board). They aren’t sure if they can make it interchangeable with everything else, but will cross that bridge when they get to it.

comments

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

“The nice thing about all these different calibers is that the gun uses an interchangeable barrel system.”

An SBR suppressed in .380 might be interesting…

*shhhhhhhhh…*

For *cough*, home defense, *cough*…

2. avatar Henry Bowman says:

I want .50AE. Or a 12 gauge/50 BMG version.

1. avatar PeterDvornik says:

Only if it comes with a gold tiger-stripe finish…. I want my guns to match when I’m gunning down rival pimps.

1. avatar sagebrushracer says:

Nothing says “West Africa Warlord” like a gold, tiger stripe hand cannon in a silly big caliber.

3. avatar DrewR55 says:

The price is still just a little hard for me to swallow. I can only speak for myself but I have a hard time putting down more than a thousand for any new firearm. Especially because I’ll still need to buy accessories for these acquisitions. I would love a rifle with a folding stock that used AR mags and chambered in 5.56 for -$800 or a 9mm carbine for around the same price.

When the CZ Evo has had another year or two of use I may seriously consider buying one because the price appears to be settling down in a more palatable range.

1. avatar CRF says:

I’m getting my engineering degree, but I’m also learning how to machine parts. I hope to be able to home brew some firearms one day.

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

Pay attention to what Dyspeptic Gunsmith says when he offers pearls of wisdom, Grasshopper…

4. avatar Ryan says:

I’d rather it in 10mm.

1. avatar PK says:

That’s my desire as well. 9x19mm, .45acp, .40S&W and .357 Sig are all well and good, but that system is screaming for 10mm. That would result in a truly powerful, if somewhat niche, gun.

1. avatar BRANDON says:

TNW ASR converts to all of those calibers

2. avatar Commneter says:

I’ll 2nd, 3rd, and 4th that motion – I’ve been waiting for a 10mm since this was introduced. I did not know that it was a simple barrel change for caliber conversions though. It uses Glock mags, so assumption is that those would have to be changed as well?

Hmm. Maybe I won’t wait for a 10mm after all, if it’s just a conversion kit away.

5. avatar MiniMe says:

Without the ability to use burst-fire legally, this is just another expensive & fancy-looking pistol to me.
    Granted, wouldn’t mind a KV if someone were to give me one as a gift… ;-D

But buy one? Pass until the fun-time-happy-button ability is allowed for us mere civies, if ever.

6. avatar Joe T says:

How exactly would they be able to ship the barreled conversions to your front door? The “barreled action” lower receiver is the serialized part of this firearm…

1. avatar PeterDvornik says:

That’s a good question, I remember hearing somewhere that the barrels are press-fit into the receiver, that’s not exactly user serviceable

1. avatar Wade says:

We removed a KV barrel and threaded it at our shop. It can be taken out.

7. avatar joe says:

leave one to wonder if that pistol brace could be modified into a bump fire arrangement.

8. avatar Timmy! says:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! MY EYES! That thing is worse than looking at Feinstein and Hillary making out. Yeah, your welcome for THAT mental image.

9. avatar Kirk says:

Why do people always complain about price? It’s American made and it’s what it costs and is well worth it. I just ordered the 9mm version and will order the 10mm lower as soon as it’s available. 10mm makes it an all around gun for anything including some hunting hunting. I mean pretty much anything except large brown bear if you can get close enough. At lease deer. But again, not what’s it’s meant for but could be used in a pinch. You get what you pay for, especially in firearms. I always buy what I think is the best and stay away from lower name brands.
    They never function 100% and I act as if all my guns my have to save my life. If you don’t have the funds or are young I suggest just saving up for the high end guns you’ll have the rest of your life. Until then, have fun with 22 and lever guns:-)