2015 TTAG Reader’s Choice for Best New Accessory: Magpul GLOCK Magazines

P1390227

For years now Magpul has been dominating the market for AR-15 accessories, but it seems they have finally made the decision to branch out into other weapons platforms. Where some companies have failed to make the jump it appears that Magpul has succeeded. In our 2015 Reader’s Choice Awards poll, where thousands of TTAG readers voted for their favorite new products of the year, Magpul swept the accessory category with their products taking the top four positions in the poll. It wasn’t a question of whether Magpul would win . . .

it was a question of which Magpul product would come out on top. According to our readers, the winner is Magpul’s GLOCK magazines. That concludes the list of recipients of TTAG’s 2015 Readers Choice Awards. Keep watching through 2016 to see what products earn your vote for the best of 2016.

comments

1. avatar Alex waits says:

I forsee magpul brand glock frames in the future.

1. avatar Jon in CO says:

Sign me up for one, as well as a steel/aluminum lined AR lower

2. avatar lowell says:

Spectre is already doing 80% Glock 17 frames.

2. avatar Anner says:

I’ve heard rumor that the plastic can separate along the spine if they’re left loaded for extended periods. I’ve used several and never had any issues; I now only buy these at near half the cost of a Glock mag. Anyone had any issues?

1. avatar Greg says:

Boring. How is this the best new accessory? As if the market isn’t awash with OEM and Korean.

2. avatar Jeremy S says:

I’ve had two since immediately after that initial recall deal and they’ve spent the whole time fully loaded other than when in use. No issues other than a Lone Wolf Timberwolf frame didn’t like them quite right (the slide didn’t want to fall on a full mag after it locked back on an empty one).

3. avatar RockOnHellChild says:

I’m usually not a fan of non-factory parts, mags included.

But, Magpul is awesome, so maybe I’ll give them a go.

4. avatar Tex300BLK says:

Another deserving win, I almost went out and bought a Glock when I saw these magazines being released.

1. Come to the dark side.

5. avatar doesky2 says:

Where’s the 33 rounder? Need to get some spares for my sub2k

6. avatar Pete Sha says:

Somebody help this non-Glock owner out. I thought the two great things about Glock mags are that they work great and they are inexpensive. If both are true, I’d think there would be little room in the market for Magpul to enter. What am I missing?

1. avatar Charles O'Dowd says:

Glock mags are usually $25 at best, often $30 and some places as high as $35-40. Magpul sells around $15.

1. avatar CM says:

Not sure what all the fuss is about. Factory Glock mags are cheap ($22.50 at Midway and $20 at CDNN). I never hear anyone complaining about factory Glock mags. Add the steel liner and round count holes and even at half the price I’m not sure the magpuls are worth it.

1. I’m sure the people at Magpul have no idea what they are doing when it comes to making magazines in a comoditized market, and you are probably right.

(Dialing back the snark, after a snickers)

People who use and abuse a lot of mags will be the first adopters. Bease when your buy 10 mags for a gun, that means no small change. The competition shooters will get any issues sorted for you and .gov users, and in the end they will be as ubiquitous as ar pmags.

2. avatar benji40 says:

and CDNN is always out of stock

2. avatar Anon in CT says:

Glock OEM mags are comparatively cheap – much cheaper than the other Euro makers like Sig, Walther, FN and H&K, but the Glock mags still tend to run around $25 each including tax.

Of course, if you own a common Sig or Walther, you can get mags from Mec-Gar for around $20 each – and they are likely from the same factory where the “official” mags were made, so it makes sense that Glock owners would like a cheaper option too.

Enter Magpul.

7. avatar AlanInFL says:

If they can make for other calibers and higher capacity. I’m there.

8. avatar Marc B says:

These year-end awards are great, but how about listing the top 10 vote getters in all the award categories? It would be great information for all your readers, as sometimes the top product does not match a persons particular needs or tastes.

9. avatar TruthTellers says:

They only offer them in G17 and G19 yet they’re the winner? Jeez people, shoot something other than 9mm for a change.

1. Why? I’m one of those “one gun, use it well” types though…

2. All handguns should be Glocks and all Glocks should be the Glock 19.

1. avatar Snake Plissken says:

Now all handguns are Taco Bell.

10. avatar Joseph says:

No thanks, you can do a lot more shooting with the 9 than you can with any other caliber other than 22 rimfire. I seldom shoot my 40’s and 45’s anymore due to ammo cost. I still do, but the 9 gets most of the range action.

1. avatar Ed says:

You should try re-loading…I can load .45 LC for the price of new 9mm or less…

1. avatar Nate H. says:

And I can reload 9 for about 8c a round… sometimes less.

11. avatar Brenda says:

They should do high cap versions, especially for un and under-served models. 25 round Glock 20? 23 round Glock 21? 10 round Glock 43? The variants that they could offer would be almost endless. USPSA compliant? 10 round compliant? Big sticks in unserved calibers? They could also do such magazines for other platforms, like M&P9 and M&P Shield.

1. avatar Anner says:

Oh yes. A 25rd G20 mag and a mech tech upper. Hog destroyer

12. avatar Mike says:

Wish they would make a 26 round 9mm mag, The size of the 22 round .40 mag but in 9mm.

13. avatar Bartjoebob says:

Honestly… What’s the BFD about magpul (m’ cock) glock magazines already??? Plastic mags? THIS is the best thing since sliced bread for the RKBA in 2015?

14. avatar Tim says:

I bought a half dozen of the Korean G19 magazines for about $8.00 each. Have put hundreds of rounds though each with ZERO problems. I love Magpul as much as the next guy, but if you just want cheap, reliable Glock mags, check out the Korean ones.

1. avatar Nate H. says:

When I had my GLOCK brand GLOCK (stupid) I had 2 of those Korean 33rd (31rd?) sumbitches, and never had a single issue with them. I loved shooting that huge number of .40 down range. Spendy tho. In the end, I hated that damn gun, but I had some fun with it.

15. avatar Tim U says:

Hoping to see other brand handguns getting pmags, but I somewhat doubt it’ll happen.

16. avatar Mark Brockway says:

I fail to understand why one would need a Glock mag from a third party. Are there issues with the Glock factory mags? I’ve never had a problem….

1. avatar Anon in CT says:

Presumably price is the difference.