The Great YouTube Ban: Hickok45 Explains It All For You

First Hickok45 was banned by YouTube. Apparently the ban hammer came down due to some cross-posting issues with the Don’t-Be-Evilers at Google+. Then he was back. Then they zapped him again. The good news: he seems to be back for good now. Here’s the man himself along with son John NO LAST NAME GIVEN (and a trusty un-named Golden Retriever) explaining WTF happened. Well, kinda.

comments

1. avatar Former Water Walker says:

It doesn’t look normal to me last hour-didn’t see any “new” vids. I saw this “explanation” but I still don’t get it. Whatever-I wish them well…

1. avatar Dev says:

He’s got a new video posted today: https://youtu.be/8DL2yX69SXI

1. avatar Former Water Walker says:

But I don’t see about 5 YEARS worth…and I’m(maybe) as old as him and don’t really care. Google sucks…

2. avatar Ben says:

Hah, good job, Dan

3. avatar GuyFromV says:

Well obviously his name is John Hickok46.

1. avatar Plumbiphilious says:

Such a long and storied family, the Hickock45’s. I believe their family name comes from a small holding in their distant past, the barony of Hickok45burgvilletonshire.

4. avatar ACP_arms says:

When Hickok45 got blocked for the second time i wanted to watch the video Dan posted above but the channel was gone. Go figure!

5. avatar tmm says:

I’m thinking there was a code change at the beginning of the year, tripped when a relevant video was posted. File cabinet video didn’t flag the channel, but the Remington and Henry videos did. After all, there was an evil New Jersey assault rifle in there. Hickok said he removed the auto posted videos from google+, hopefully that will clear the issues.

6. avatar Joseph Quixote says:

Looks like Hickok 46 follows in a long line of tough southerners, his dad is a straight shooter, no nonsense there. His gun reviews are the real deal.

7. avatar AnotherAZguy says:

Well that was about twenty minutes too long. They kept rambling on and repeating the same things. Oh, and they called the dog “Mac” about four times, so I guess it does have a name. For the record, I do like watching Hickok45 and I’m glad they’re back. Going over to his channel now to see what’s new.

1. avatar Mark Lloyd says:

I came to the same conclusion. Not to be overly critical, because I do like his work and videos, but that was WAY too long, repetitive and rambling. They should have used some cue cards and done some editing. It could have been five minutes long and gotten the message out.

8. avatar TruthTellers says:

Crises averted. I thought Hickok had gone all Jared Fogle Bill Cosby and his secret history of sexual offenses had been uncovered.

Since Hickok45 is Greg Kinman, I’m guessing that his son’s name is John Kinman. The elder Kinman is a retired English teacher.

Neither of these names are secret.

1. avatar TxHogSlayer says:

True but they asked to not broadcast them, manners and honor dictate their wishes be respected.

Take that how you will sir.

2. avatar daveR says:

No it’s not a secret but neither does it need to be repeatedly stated.

He’s earned enough of my respect to be granted that courtesy.

3. avatar tmm says:

Well said from a resident smartass that doesn’t have a last name.

10. avatar Curtis in IL says:

Interesting sandbox they’re playing in. Google owns the sandbox, Google makes the rules, Google enforces their rules via an automated, terminate-first-and-see-if-they-complain process.

Money for Hickok, money for youtube/google. Until the robot pulls the plug.

I understand why they use youtube. But they’re feeding off the umbilical cord of a malevolent mother who only tolerates them for the money. I don’t think I could stomach that kind of relationship.

1. avatar MurrDog says:

Better not vote democrat then.

1. avatar John in Ohio says:

Or republican.

2. avatar Robb says:

They did bring up the fact that Google owns the only real game in town, but didn’t really hit on that point much.

IMO, it’s very relevant. Similar to other monopolies e.g. cable companies, big media. You don’t play by our rules; GTFO.

Someone needs to start the next Youtube but not sell out for the almighty dollar. Freedom of speech and all.

1. avatar Independent George says:

And if we want to make inroads to non-shooters of the world, we need to have a presence on a mainstream site like YouTube.

2. avatar DaveWI says:

Full30.com

1. avatar Paladin says:

Full30 is great, but being specifically built around firearms content it brings it’s own set of drawbacks, primarily that content producers won’t get views or subscriptions from viewers who would not otherwise seek out firearms related content specifically. Hickock45 is a very good advocate for the shooting sports, particularly on account of his more soft-spoken manner. Being on YouTube gives him a chance to show people who have no other experience with guns and gun culture to see what it’s really like and break the stereotype fashioned by the anti gun media they usually see.

3. avatar TruthTellers says:

It’s only a matter of time before all the gun related media is removed from youtube. It gives people too much information about firearms and the powers that be would rather you watch dancing cat videos instead of learning something of value that could be used against them.

In the meantime, I enjoy Hickok’s videos, but I’m tired of the AR and 1911 videos he’s done. There’s nothing new when he does a video about the new aluminum framed commander or the latest AR made by a guy in his garage. Hickok needs to do more videos with guns outside of his comfort zone.

And yeah, I think the next democrat president will be the one to finally break the BIll of Rights over his/her knee.

1. avatar Xopher says:

Aren’t all Hickok45 videos the same?

Exhibit outstanding marksmanship on a neat outdoor range.

Complain about anything that makes the gun different from a glock.

Shoot some more.

Say “It’s OK but not a glock.”

Fin

1. avatar GradyPhilpott says:

Hickok likes a lot more than just Glocks.

You really don’t have to look very far to find that out.

In today’s world, the striker-fired, polymer framed pistols dominate and Glock dominates that market, so the chances that Hickok would be a Glock fan are pretty good, but I wouldn’t characterize his videos in the manner you just did.

2. avatar Former Water Walker says:

Hey he liked the Taurus 111G2-and some others. And his “complaint” was incredibly minor. And I see it’s back to “normal” at last look. I don’t get the endless GLOCK reviews either-they are all basically the same thing…

4. avatar El Guapo says:

#This

5. avatar El Guapo says:

#This

11. avatar NOVA_Bullitt says:

This video is less than half an hour long. Are we sure it’s really him?

12. avatar Doc Montana says:

As an actual relative of Wild Bill himself, I don’t mind others capitalizing on the Hickok name. It is pretty cool. But just make sure you use the name with reverence. Uncle Bill deserves nothing less.

1. avatar jwm says:

So, at family gatherings did you call him Bill, Wild Bill, Uncle Bill or did you call him by his real name? Correct me if I’m wrong. But wasn’t his real name James Butler Hickock?

13. avatar Indiana Tom says:

The dog was the most exciting object in this video.

14. avatar Mad Max says:

If YouTube & social media cut off the pro-2A message, the NRA is going to need bigger servers…

15. avatar Sixpack70 says:

If the dad is Hickok45, then the son should take up Hickok460. They are both fired from 1911s so it makes sense.

I enjoyes watching his older videos. I haven’t watched a many over the past year. Ill watch a good woods walking video or when he has something more obscure. At least he is still making videos. A lot of people who once made great content quickly dissapeared when Google cut the ad revenue drastically. I guess a lot of people found out the time and money was just not worth it to continue and stopped producing content.

16. avatar Lance Manion says:

Tip: When producing a video with a dog in it, don’t stuff bacon down your crotch. Otherwise, I love these guys’vids.

17. avatar Jimmyjames says:

Why don’t they just get their own website like the Gun Blast dude. Intercourse Google and Youtube. The bastards wouldn’t hire me after 3 interviews and they don’t deserve or need my money.

18. avatar Garrett says:

I grimace every time I hear him mention his “sponsor,” Bud’s Guns, during his new videos. Those people are despicable and of all the people that had to reach out to H45 for branding opps…

1. avatar John in Ohio says:

I’m unaware of any controversy over Bud’s Guns. Do you have any link or tactful story to share through which I might be able to learn more about this?

1. avatar Garrett says:

Yes and yes. But for fear of veering OT and becoming muy uncouth, I’ll leave it to your resourcefulness to find the litany of awful experiences. Shouldn’t be hard.

1. avatar John in Ohio says:

Oh, I intended on Google(ing) a bit. However, since you had brought it up, I was going to give you first opportunity to pass along some initial information. Given that I was completely unaware of any controversy, there would not have been any reason for me to Google such a thing prior to your comment. Thanks for the heads up and I will check the search engines.

19. avatar MeRp says:

The dog is named: John says “calm down Matt” (or maybe Mac) around 1:20; either way, he does say the dog’s name.