Why Cant They Just Leave Apple Alone? (iPad vs Attack Helicopter)

Wassup with shooting up Apple products? Surely the company’s rep for smarminess doesn’t justify this relentless ballistic assault on their defenseless electronic products. Alternatively, yes. Yes it does. But you know what? I’m bored with this anti-Cupertino meme. I’d like to see Apple – or someone – build a bullet-resistant iPad, iPhone or iWhathaveyou – in the same sense that I often want the movie bad guy to win (e.g., Stavros Blofeld in the interminable Spectre). I mean, where’s the suspense here? The drama? How about an Apple product that shoots back? A bit tough safety-wise, but if Richard can wrangle an attack helicopter for a YouTube video . . .

comments

1. avatar Tony says:

Did Air Wolf run on a Mac or PC?

1. avatar anaxis says:

Pretty sure it was a TRS-80.

1. avatar Excedrine says:

Pretty sure it was a Bell 222!

2. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

Commodore 64!

2. avatar Rusty Shackleford says:

GNU/Linux like all the other things that work well.

3. avatar Marc says:

Atari 2600 fo sure.

2. avatar James in Florida says:

Dear Santa,
    I’d like a new apple laptop please and a well armed helicopter to annihilate it .
    Thanks, here’s ?

3. avatar Frank Masotti says:

Shooting Apple products is all they are good for.

1. avatar Rusty Shackleford says:

Amen to that.

2. avatar Katy says:

Really? I browse TTAG on myniphone a dive never had any of those auto play ads or rough loading times that people complain about

4. avatar Mike says:

Cause the guy doing it got rich off everyone watching his videos

5. avatar Rusty Shackleford says:

I’m an apple hatter (will not capitalize apple). It takes only a few minutes of research to see what kind of garbage steve jobs was. A man who:
    1 Considered one of the richest men in the world while his daughter and her mother lived on welfare
    (the quintessential deadbeat dad)
    2 Stole the window interface and mouse from PARC then sued Microsoft for stealing it from apple
    3 Chased off the man that actually made the apple computers (Steve Wozniak)
    4 Was never shy about the fact he stole from others (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW0DUg63lqU) but comes unglued when he thought Google stole from them
    5 Would have sued those that offered help to jailbreak their phones if the government did not step in and say that it is legal.
    6 Itunes

So I am more than happy to see all the apple products being destroyed. I agree with Richard Stallman (creator of The GNU Project and founded the Free Software Foundation) when he said about steve jobs “I’m not glad he’s dead, but I’m glad he’s gone”

1. avatar Rusty Shackleford says:

Hater not hatter.
      And considered one of the richest men under 25.

2. avatar 16V says:

1. Never plated his cars. (OK, that was pretty good)
      2. Always parked in the handicapped spot right by the front door.
      3. Proved again that being a sleazy showman is far more important than having substance. Dennis Ritchie created “C” and co-wrote Unix. He died a week after Jobs, and few even noticed.

6. avatar Jacob McMerth says:

For the same reason you brought it up. Clickbait.

7. avatar foo dog says:

zzzzzzz

8. avatar YaDaddy says:

I love Apple haters.

The more of them there are the sooner I can get the latest product release that is constrained due to demand or just plain sold out.

Money talks and BS walks. That 200+ billion in the bank and 700+ billion dollar valuation (1 trillion is just around the corner) is talking pretty loud about now.

1. avatar Mitch says:

Meh.. iOS is the most poorly-thought-out UI I’ve seen in a mobile device. I’m really disgusted with the 6S I have to use. Which is a shame, because Apple pretty much invented usability, but it’s been a downhill slide of “style over substance” since OSX came out.

Yeah, Apple is majorly overvalued, just like lots of other tech companies are now. The wages of massive credit expansion. The bubble will pop, same as they always have.

As for having lots of cash on hand, it’s a sign a company has no idea what to do. Smart companies that are actually innovating invest in themselves and new ideas. Stagnant companies which are living off the past tend to accumulate cash until the bottom falls out and they go kaput. GM used to be a well-run, highly-valued company, too. Today it’s a bailout baby which is yet-again struggling to keep its head above water.

1. avatar Royal Tony says:

I agree. I’m pissed I finally broke my iPhone 5 that still had the old OS on it, the eh not so bright one. Sure I couldn’t download new apps but everything I had worked swimmingly and looked better. The new OS looks like it was designed for babies. And its annoying. Oh I’m going to buy a new CZ-75 with my Christmas bonus, just to keep it TTAG.

2. avatar YaDaddy says:

Mitch you sound like the haters from 8 years ago. I’m gonna bet you’ll be just as wrong as they are now 8 years from now. You should sell all of your Apple stuff and go all Android and see if your complaints about technology decrease.
        Apple ain’t perfect, but it’s only worse everywhere else and betting against them has proven to be a strategy for failure. Oh and Apple invests plenty in itself, they’re just pretty smart about it. Much like Bill Gates fortune…at some point you just can’t spend it fast enough to make it shrink.

1. avatar 16V says:

Meh, You’re just parroting the line of every brainwashed Applyte.

20 years ago they were the bomb for graphics, beyond that, the computer folks left around 1995, and haven’t been back. Don’t get me wrong, I love you sycophants, I bought Apple at $8 as a flyer back in the day, and you’ve paid me well for seeing your little cult forming decades ago.

But it’s still a cult. My Android device works just fine thanks, and I have a screen at least as good as concurrent Apple product. Difference being I paid $50 for my slightly used 32gb Samsung Galaxy Nexus, as compared to the $200+ they wanted for an i5 with a smaller screen, that did less, and was locked in Apple’s “walled garden”.

Enjoy that fashionable boot on your neck, it’s still grinding away. Smile, ‘cuz your friends think you’re cool too bro!

9. avatar C.S. says:

Unfortunately, these are promotions for Apple (in the same way Trump promotes himself for saying controversial things), not to mention Apple makes a hefty profit for each item sold.

10. avatar DavidinNC says:

At first read, I thought you referring to an actual position at Apple titled “Representative for Swarminess.” Even so, that wouldn’t surprise me if such a position actually existed.

11. avatar Bonkers says:

Apple products are absolutely terrible. As someone who builds and repairs PC’s, apples use substandard products and sells them for up to 5x what they are worth, then denies that they ever fail or get viruses when they fail all the time. Their desktops are literally using laptop technology in them. They don’t compete with normal PC builds (Windows/Linux) on any level.

Spoiler alert: Though apples account for about 15% of the market, about 1/3rd of the computers that come in for repair are apple. Do the math.