Proof That Gun Disarms Are A Lot Harder Than You Think [VIDEO]

In our regular trawls through the bowels of YouTube to find material that gives TTAG readers a break from our articles on the endless fight against civilian disarmament, we often come across videos teaching viewers how to disarm someone who’s holding a gun. In 99 percent of these videos, the gun is always within arm’s reach. Conveniently enough. In their own special way, the brothers above demonstrate . . .

the dangers of mounting anything less than a full scale, all-in, speed-surprise-and-violence attack on your gun-wielding assailant. Although there’s a chance that a bad guy will shoot you even if you comply with his/her/their demands, think very carefully before attempting a disarm. And then act decisively. Very, very decisively.

comments

1. avatar Hannibal says:

“Police said the gunman went into the Rolex section of the store in Roosevelt Field Mall shortly after 1 p.m. and attempted to rob the store. At some point, he tried to leave the shop and was met by store security. A scuffle ensued and one round was discharged from the suspect’s gun, hitting a 67-year-old mall employee who had been standing outside the Tourneau doors, in the main part of the mall…” http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Roosevelt-Field-Mall-Robbery-Shooting-New-York-Christmas-Garden-City-363270191.html

Don’t try to “disarm” anyone unless it’s your only option because (a) you were dumb enough not to have a gun and (b) he is going to kill you or someone else. I don’t care if you’re Jason Bourne or Bowe Bergdahl, it’s a stupidly dangerous thing to do- and patently irresponsible if there are others around, as the above blurb suggests. Had they let that robber leave instead of playing pattycakes with him that 67-year-old fellow wouldn’t have a bullet in his back.

2. avatar jwm says:

It’s easy to disarm someone. Run over them twice with your pick up and when they’re done twitching get out the chainsaw. Arms is gone in record time.

3. avatar Joel says:

That was an entertaining video fo sho yo.

4. avatar Chris. says:

Definitely very situational, but it’s like drawing on a drawn gun. “don’t do it….” but Sometimes you have to. You may not succeed, but if you believe they’re about to kill you or others? Hell yeah, I’m going to try. MAYBE I’ll get lucky catch them off guard. MAYBE they’ll kill me in the process. Maybe I’ll be the speed bump so others can get away.

That said, while I used to practice “martial arts” can’t do it any more – the body can’t handle it. So, most likely I have my own gun on me.

5. avatar Jay in Florida says:

The next 2 statistics in the obituary section. Or our future?? What 2 good kids those are aren’t they??
    In all seriousness. Trying to take a gun away at contact distance like that gets you one thing for sure most times. Dead. Ive seen it as close up as I ever want to be once in my life. My best friend, he has been dead now for over 25 years.
    I do believe they need some serious training…….. Or a slap in the head from their parents if they have some.

1. avatar TX Gun Gal says:

I’m going with a slap the of the back on the head!
      If my dad had seen my brothers doing that, they wouldn’t have been able to sit down for a week and grounded for a month.

6. avatar Southern Cross says:

Two thoughts come to mind. If you are holding a gun, keep out of arms reach of the other person. And if you try to disarm someone, remember it is an all-or-nothing situation where any concern for the other person has to be ignored until after the event.

Is it easier to disarm a BG before you shoot him or after?

8. avatar Mark Lloyd says:

so….when is the school district going to be up in arms and freak, pull the boys Facebook pages, CPS shows up and investigates the parents and the video is removed from the web and links blocked?

More please

9. avatar Former Water Walker says:

Geez homies-don’t shoot me. That was a small chunk of life I won’t get back. But I bet it might work in THEIR neighborHOOD…

10. avatar dph says:

No offense to any one, but these 2 clowns only have 110 views, don’t encourage them by helping to bump their numbers.

11. avatar Paul Millard says:

Darwin never seems to get enough credit.

12. avatar Fuque says:

Little shits.. they have their dirty little dick beaters all over that thing.. Hopefully its made by Hasbro.

13. avatar Mark Lloyd says:

God, what a bunch of party poopers. I grew up in a different era when the closest thing to a I-pad was an
    Etch-a-sketch. Hell, calculators hadn’t even been invented yet. So what, two brothers making a game and having fun! Who gives a big dump if it’s no longer politically correct or violates basic gun handling rules.

It’s not a real gun is it?? If that’s a real gun, then we’d have a problem.

14. avatar adverse says:

Somebody sticks a firearm in my face, I’m gonna throw up both hands and do that pee thing where it puddles around my feet.

1. avatar jwm says:

Wow. An honest internet commando. You sure you’re at the right blog?

15. avatar Sergio says:

Hey just so everyone knows I am the creator of this video and if you think this is a serious tutorial it is not its in the name “USELESS TUTORIALS” so no hate please. This video was meant as a joke

1. We could all tell you were playing poe. Anyone that can’t tell has their head up their ass. If nothing else your useless tutorial wasn’t useless. It demonstrated very clearly how stupid and dangerous it is to try and disarm someone and the extreme probability of someone getting shot in the process. The silliness of the video belies the seriousness of the content.

2. avatar Robert Farago says:

Not useless at all. If you and your brother would like to learn how to shoot real guns safely – and your parents agree – ping me on thetruthaboutguns.com and we’ll set something up.

16. avatar Rob K says:

Having taught disarming techniques as an instructor in the past, I can say that the probability of these two reaching the age of majority is not high. Now if you really want to have fun (get seriously injured), try knife disarms (especially if your opponent has any degree of knife handling skill).

1. Everyone gets cut in a knife fight. No exceptions. That’s why we say always bring a gun to a knife fight.

17. avatar Taylor says:

My cousin managed to disarm a scumbag who was attempting to rob him. My cousin didn’t carry at the time. He was “successful” in doing so but was shot in the process. I guess we could call that a success. I suppose he could have complied with the robbers demands but who knows how that would have ended.

He carries everyday now.