OMG! A Gun Necklace! On CNN! On Trump’s Spokesperson! OMG!

Trump sposkewoman wearing bullet necklace (courtesy cnn.com)

TTAG reader Kyle in Texas writes:

This is ridiculous. The headline at news.yahoo.com reads Gun Necklace Worn By Trump Spokesperson on CNN Riles Up Viewers. I opened it up half expecting to see miniature plastic guns strung end to end around her neck and half not knowing what to expect. But here is the thing: there are no guns anywhere on Katrina Pierson’s body or jewelery. They’re cartridges. While not the most attractive necklace ever, it attracted a lot of anti-gunner panic attacks and “my fears and opinions are more important than whatever you’re doing” comments. Anti-gun momma Shannon Watts obviously had her Twitter comment . . .

(courtesy twitter.com)

Ms. Pierson’s pithy riposte:

(courtesy twitter.com)

comments

1. avatar Mk10108 says:

Pleased with the jewelry and she’s easy on the eyes as well.

1. Establishment Republican: “He (Trump) doesn’t know what he’s doing!”
      Conservative: “Yes he does. He knows exactly what he’s doing.”

2. avatar dh34 says:

Monsanto Mommy and Katrina Pierson are both hired PR flacks for their respective bosses. It’s like two hookers fighting over a street corner. At least Pierson doesn’t try to represent herself as something else.

1. avatar Other Don says:

Very well put!

3. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

I hear planned parenthood has a sale on fetuses.

1. avatar ropingdown says:

Nope. They’re a chop shop. The money’s apparently better if you sell it as parts.

1. avatar sagebrushracer says:

just like most my cars… sigh.

1. avatar Vendetta says:

Aint that the truth… 🙁

4. avatar Erik says:

Maybe she’s from the Bullet Farm, like in Mad Max: Fury Road. Who run Bartertown?

1. avatar dh34 says:

Break a deal, face the wheel.

1. avatar Jordan says:

Thunderdome! Two women enter! On woman leaves!

My money is on Pierson.

1. avatar dh34 says:

“last of the V8 Interceptors….be a shame to blow it up…”

or my personal favorite

Two days ago I passed a truck that could haul that tanker. You want to get out of here, talk to me.”

2. avatar CRF says:

Gulag! Gulag! Gulag!

5. avatar RetMSgt in Pa. says:

Wear them in the District of Columbia and go to jail.

Believe it or not, they claim the necklace is ammunition.

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

Yep, true enough.

I sure hope someone tells her not to wear that in DC…

“”We noticed your bullet necklace on our air,” Sciutto tweeted. “Is there a message behind it?”

Her response was exactly what you thought it would be.

“Made in #Texas!” she tweeted. “Real ammo. #2A Support your local small business owners!” “

6. avatar Eric says:

Didn’t back down from the antis. Yet another reason for me to vote trump.

7. avatar Andrew Lias says:

No issue with the necklace that makeup job though…………..

1. avatar Bernard says:

Maybe a little too much contouring. It’s a little Kim Kardashian-y. Haha!

8. avatar Wade Garret says:

I still don’t understand how any one can say they are against people using a gun to defend their families by shooting a POS (because the POS has rights) but be pro abortion. Aren’t armed citizens just aborting the dregs of society? I really, really can’t comprehend this. Oww, now my head hurts.

1. avatar Andrew Lias says:

It’s kind of like “really late term abortion for assholes.”

2. avatar Mike in OK says:

I once told someone who said they couldn’t understand how someone could be pro-gun and pro-life that the connection was that those people placed a high value on human life, and were prepared to defend it. So I guess the answer to you conundrum is that the anti-gun/ pro-abortion side places a very low value on human life, and believes it is not worth defending.

3. avatar Fred says:

Yeah, the pro-abortion messages is millions of would-be gang members and criminals were aborted so abortion is a good thing, but killing someone in the act of threatening another life is somehow wrong to them. I guess they really just like to kill the weakest and most defenseless using the state as justification and care nothing for the law or the definition of justice.

4. avatar Paul says:

It’s not really that hard to explain:

Scum vote democrat.
      Body parts merchants vote democrat.

Fetuses do not vote at all.

5. avatar CB says:

Some people just want the government to mind their own business. Whether I want to own a gun, smoke a joint or have a baby is my choice, not that of you or big government.

1. avatar doesky2 says:

Why do you put your weak thinking on public display?

There is a difference between having the right to “have a baby” and “kill a baby”.

2. avatar Tom says:

This. I’m pro-gun & pro-choice. I don’t need or want either the Government or some mythical daddy figure making my choices for me.

You all think this country’s any different from Iran or any of those other backwards theocracies? The only difference is they call him God here instead of Allah. The sooner religion of any denomination is completely seperate from government the better.

1. avatar Marcus (Aurelius) Payne says:

Like in the Soviet Union?

2. avatar doesky2 says:

If you think the American Experience would have happened without its unique blend of Judeo-Christianity at its core you’re a straight up imbecile (or a recent graduate from our Leftist education system).

6. avatar JQP says:

The kicker for me is that if we tried to put a 7 day waiting period on abortions the leftists would go ape, because infringement of rights (that are at best implied, and not stated, in the Constitution), but they have no problem nipping at the 2nd Amendment every chance they get, like a pack of sharks.

9. avatar BLAMMO says:

Maybe they’re hog’s teeth and she’s the most prolific sniper in the history of the Universe.

1. avatar A Friend says:

My 1st thought when I first saw the necklace; “huh, kinda looks like a hog’s tooth…. Neat.” Great minds and all that.

10. avatar Mitch says:

Nice comeback, but this is just Trump pandering because of his prior support of the AWB and other anti-2A laws.

1. avatar Vv ind says:

I think trump and Katrina were fishing and Shannon swallowed the bait hook line and sinker.

Shannon swallowed the bait

And that’s not all.

1. avatar Jeff the Griz says:

I had to look three times to make sure Dirk did not write this comment! Speaking of Dirk is he “home for the holidays”? Dirk, I just got a NIB Argentine Hi Power, if your around do you wanna go shooting before I go fishing on that leaky boat again?

2. avatar Dirk Diggler says:

Jeff – I only head back for turkey week but thanks!

3. avatar Dirk Diggler says:

That is not a necklace I would have Shannon wear publicly.

4. avatar Adub says:

Better than wearing the other necklace you gave her in public.

5. avatar tsbhoA.P.jr says:

pearls be for swine.

2. avatar JoeVK says:

I can’t read the words “hook, line, and sinker” without hearing Jeremy Iron’s voice (as Simon from Die Hard With a Vengance) in my head. “Hook, line, und sinkah”.

11. avatar Ing says:

Dang, that escalated quickly.

1. avatar dh34 says:

Like a Kardashian on a photo op

12. avatar Curtis in IL says:

Necklaces like that belong on tattooed rocker chicks with green hair who perform in dive bars on the weekends.

Guns and ammo are tools. Deadly, serious tools. Using them as fashion accessories just looks stupid.

1. avatar dh34 says:

I wouldn’t say that…I’ve always thought having a couple hundred rounds of linked 7.62 on my shoulders was a great look. Kind of like a brass stole to warm me whilst trapsing around the countryside.

1. avatar JoeVK says:

A friend of mine had a key chain he made from a .30-06 round. The scary part is how he made it. He stuck a live round in a vice, drilled a hole straight through the side (barely missing the primer), poured the powder out, then stuck a key ring through it. He carried it in his pocket for years with a live primer in it. And yes, there were several keys on the key ring.

2. avatar Rocko says:

Don’t tell the people who always talk about how ugly certain guns are…

13. avatar Shawn says:

Oh no she di’int

14. avatar Fred says:

If someone wanted to bring awareness to the 90 people shot daily they would just wear a shirt that says “Chicago” on it. The back of the shirt would have a list of Chicago’s leadership with political affiliation, of course.

15. avatar Former Water Walker says:

It might say “Chiraq” Fred. I kinda like the necklace-it says ”don’t fook with me”…like human teeth on a cannibal.

16. avatar Dyspeptic Gunsmith says:

I have to say, I’ve never seen anyone yank the chains of the solipsists in the media as well as Trump.

Anyone who has a brain in their head can see that the media has a priapistic reaction to everything involving guns. The media in the US and Europe is positively filled with people who are in dire need of a fainting couch, and Trump (or his spokeswoman) has observed this.

So, how does one keep the Trump name in the media for free over the New Year holiday? Question now asked… and answered.

Troll level: Shaolin Master of Troll-fu.

1. avatar RickA says:

Agreed …. well put. When a candidate spends their own money versus everybody else’s, they get creative and efficient!

17. avatar explainist says:

who controls the language controls the debate. we err by giving the left control of the language. we need to play their game.

stop calling it the death penalty. penalty implies personal responsibility, which is anathema to the left

call it communnaly requested post partum abortion. nothing in that name goes against any liberals principles

18. avatar Nick says:

Shannon Watts is the poster child for Pro-Choice. If there’s anyone who should have been aborted, it’s her.

19. avatar DerryM says:

Her choice of Assault Jewelry was deliberately made to poke a finger in the collective eye of the Left Wing Tyrannists who run and watch CNN. Obviously, it worked. Award her one big “Atta’ Girl!” But, unfortunately, an “Aw Sh*t!” for make-up and hair.

I am Pro-LIfe and Pro Gun. There are plenty of ways to prevent unwanted pregnancy, thereby avoiding the need for Abortion, but only one sure way to defend myself, my Family and other innocents from criminal predation. Both require the exercise of prudence and personal responsibility…concepts now apparently incomprehensible to many people these days.

1. avatar Wiregrass says:

This kind of tacky symbolism just cheapens the entire message though. Kind of like when the libs go ape shit over the Confederate Flag. And that make up, damn, makes her look like some kind of android sex bot.

20. avatar SuperG says:

You have to keep in mind that the folks at Yahoo are young California liberals, safe within their fortified ivory tower, where the riff-raff can’t get at them. They only come to understand how the real world is different if their Prius breaks down in Oakland or somewhere else equally as bad.

21. avatar pres stone says:

the only real question: Is Mrs. Pierson single?

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

Right now she’s married to the campaign…

22. avatar Chris T from KY says:

I enjoy seeing liberals pissed off about guns.