Incendiary Image of the Day: Santa’s Got an AR Edition

Santa billboard (courtesy wthitv.com)

The rifle-toting Santa billboard advertising Blackstone Shooting Sports sits above Interstate 77 in Charlotte, North Carolina. Despite the fact that it’s “causing controversy,” there are no plans to remove it. I wonder what would happen if the billboard was erected outside Manhattan. Merry Christmas, Mr. Bloomberg!

comments

1. avatar Layne says:

The sign is just sitting there, it’s the media that’s “causing controversy”. Also, it’s Santa Claus, not Jesus Christ. I seriously doubt anyone cares.

1. avatar Sixpack70 says:

You are dead on. The people could give a crap.

1. avatar Art out West says:

Exactly! The vast majority of people don’t give a crap.

By the way, it is true that Santa knows that I want another rifle for Christmas. Santa must be real.

This year, Santa isn’t getting run over by a reindeer.

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

And if he will be ‘Walkin’ round in women’s underwear’ is at this time undetermined.

The gun industry really oughtta have a few big-ass billboards reminding those who drive into ‘New York Sh!tty’ that they are defenseless…

1. avatar dh34 says:

Like the signs in South Korea that used to say “You are now in artillery range” near the DMZ.

2. avatar SpecialK says:

Reindeer lives matter…

3. avatar Jeff the Griz says:

Advertising Win!

4. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

Santa is taking aim at ? “Olive, the other reindeer” ?
    You know, that witch that used to laugh and call Rudolph names….

5. avatar Earl says:

Of Arms And the Law . com ……… Relevant info. No – FLY List 4 U ……

6. avatar dh34 says:

Hahaha…or more appropriately..hohoho.

That reminds me of a Christmas joke…

So on Christmas the FAA examiner shows up at the North Poie (I know that the FAA guy is Fed employee and wouldn’t be working Christmas Eve, but suspend belief for a moment). Anyway, he shows up and says, “Mr Claus, we noticed that you are past due for a check ride, and since we don’t want you to miss your rounds tonight, I can do the check ride on the first leg of your trip tonight.”

Santa replies, “That’s great. Go ahead and get settled in the right seat, and as soon as we finish loading up, we’ll be off,” then heads back into the shop.

The FAA examiner tosses his bag in sleigh, then pulls out a shotgun and loads it. One of the elves notices this and asks, “Hey, umm what’s the deal with the shotgun?”

The examiner replies, “Don’t tell Santa, but he’s gonna lose number three on takeoff…”

7. avatar Ing says:

Man, I really want an incendiary Christmas…

1. avatar sagebrushracer says:

christmas at ground zero? wierd al made a song about it.

1. avatar Ing says:

Weird Al makes it all look so fun.

2. avatar Geoff PR says:

It’s all ‘fun-n-games’ until the lighter elements start to fuse…

8. avatar TheOtherDavid says:

Excellent trigger finger discipline, I notice.

Do they make Tannerite snowmen?

1. avatar sagebrushracer says:

I bet if you put a snowman on top of about 1/3 lb of tannerite, and made a little tunnel into the base so you could see where to aim, it would be a epic snow floofer.

LIGHT SNOW! hard wet snow would probably make shrapnel.

9. avatar sagebrushracer says:

Santa needs the reliability of a AK and the precision of a AR. So he probably uses a FN SCAR or something. those guys making the billboard need to get it together!

🙂

1. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

Nice!

10. avatar Troutbum5 says:

Santa Baby, a Daniel Defense ISR-300 would be so nice…

11. avatar Daily Beatings says:

Last night I watched the Robot Chicken Christmas Special. Santa had plenty of firepower against the zombie elves:

1. avatar Former Water Walker says:

Hey I remember that Andrew-Father pfegma had a fit -but they didn’t take it down until the contract was over-wasn’t it on the Stevenson expressway?

12. avatar Southern Cross says:

A very long time ago, at my range we put up a Figure 11 target painted to look like Santa Claus.

Despite being in the target pit (10′ deep, lined with concrete and 20 yards of rubble fill on the firing side, and overhead mantlet), we could hear the laughing at the firing line 200 metres away.

13. avatar Jon in NC says:

I pass this sign everyday on my way to work! Great place to shoot !!

1. avatar PRK543 says:

I have been meaning to check them out. How is the facility? and Range time rates?

I have tried out the range at Carolina Sporting Arms which is beautiful, but I have a tough time justifying the added expense ($20/hr) when I can shoot at Shooters Express (despite it being a much older facility) for $15/day. Blackstone is conveniently located on my way home and not too far from my office for a quick lunch time range session so I am interested even if it is priced up in the same range as CSA.

1. avatar Jedi Wombat says:

About the same as CSA. Denver Defense is a little farther, range is just as nice if not nicer and handgun is 18 bucks for all damn day! Kudos to Blackstone for putting up the board tho, I’ll bet there is a lot of pearl clutching on 77 right now.

14. avatar Wrightl3 says:

Santa is bringing real toys this year.

1. avatar TX Gun Gal says:

Santa via NRA bough me a ladies concealed carry blue jean jacket, delivered last week. Ruger LCR 9mm conceals nicely in it. Thank you Santa and husband for the use of his credit card.

15. avatar dwb says:

I am pretty sure Santa carries a bullpup, or at least a carbine. Some of those chimneys are pretty small.

16. avatar Jonathan - Houston says:

It’s tacky, yes, but well within the bounds of commercial tackiness that has long since come to typify the holiday season. I don’t see a problem here.

17. avatar Enuz says:

My god I love living here. I used to drive past that billboard every day.

I’m gonna go drive down and take a picture of that.

18. avatar Corpral_Agarn says:

Santa has delivered quite a few rifles to my home 🙂
    I go to this range all the time:

as I was looking for that article, I found that people are trying to setup a boycott for my favorite range:

Pretty sad…

19. avatar Hans Gruber says:

“Now I have a machine gun… Ho. Ho. Ho.”