New From SilencerCo: Omega 9K Silencer

I have more than a few silencers in my closet. So far I’ve been focusing on just making things work, but now that I have a can for every caliber I’m starting to be a little more picky. I don’t just want just any can — I want the perfect can. Which, for the SMG platform, I don’t have. All the 9mm silencers I have are massive and make the gun way too long for my taste. It seems, though, that I won’t have to worry about that much longer, as Capitol Armory has spilled the beans on SilencerCo’s new Omega 9K can designed for MP5s and 300 BLK SBRs.

From their site:

SilencerCo’s latest offering, the Omega 9K will be available in early 2016.

The Omega 9K is an ultra short 9mm and 300BLK suppressor and is the best performing 9mm suppressor under 5 inches. It is full-auto rated for both supersonic and subsonic ammunition. The Omega 9K comes with a piston and adapter for use on browning type actions (pistols) and is compatible with existing SilencerCo Octane pistons, fixed barrel, and 3-lug mounts.

MSRP $865, price is subject to change. More details to be released in the next 30 days.

• 4.7″ Length
  • 1.475″ Diameter
  • 6.9 oz Weight
  • 124 dB with 147gr 9mm

MSRP is $865, which is a bit on the spendy side. Then again it looks remarkably good on an MP5 — nearly as good as an original B&T. If only they sold those H&K branded B&T cans in the United States. Until then this looks like a pretty slick option.

1. avatar chris says:

just wish SCo Had a “recessed” tri lug mount the griffin. I am a SCo fan boy but griffin has a much better tri lug mount on their cans. Doesnt add any legth to the can

2. avatar pres stone says:

i want the metal 3d printed one yall featured a week ago. it was tiny. then agian that modular multi caliber suppressor from Griffen looks AMAZING.

1. avatar Michael Zupcak says:

I think you’re referring to the Delta P Design BREVIS II. Unfortunately, their 5.56mm cans start at $1,400 and their 7.62mm cans start at $1,800! That doesn’t include the tax stamp, either!

2. avatar Julio says:

Yeah, if money was not a limiting factor….

3. avatar Wilsontx says:

As an owner of several Omegas, I’ve now realized I need an Omega 9K to round out my collection. No tax stamp required.

In all seriousness, I’lI have to look at SilencerCo’s latest for my Scorpion EVO SBR.

1. avatar Joe-in-NC says:

I was just thinking the same thing for mine.

4. avatar Joe says:

New? Sig Sauer released this tubeless design earlier this year. Sheesh, it hasn’t even been a whole year before another “respected” company ripped them off. WTF? Kind of disappointing if you ask me…

1. avatar Ian says:

Ripping off? Lol, tubeless cans have been around for a while, and the reason they aren’t popular is because they have some serious drawbacks. I wouldn’t own one myself. Sig is far from the first company to use a tubeless design, so I wonder who Sig ripped off then.

5. avatar Jeremy S says:

Definitely digging the looks of this stubby can! Probably shouldn’t say this but I don’t really trust SilencerCo’s corporate dB measurement data. If it really comes in at 124 dB w/ subsonic 9mm, though, then it’s as quiet as 9mm cans come. I hope we don’t find out that’s shot wet or measured at the shooter’s ear rather than standard Mil-spec location, etc…

6. avatar Rabbi says: