Show Us Your Weapon of War – Colt 9mm

image1-3

D’s Colt 9mm with Magpul CTR stock, MOE forend with Knights Armament VFG, Vortex SPARC II

comments

1. avatar SD3 says:

Jimmy Y. say that be stupide.

2. avatar Curtis in IL says:

9mm carbines are fun, ammo is cheap and plentiful.

An AR-15 platform chambered in 9mm is kind of like putting air brakes on a bicycle. There’s no need for a gas-operated action when simple blowback will get the job done for less cost, less complexity and less maintenance.

Weapon of war? Well I suppose it would be better than no rifle at all. But I would prefer something with a bit more horsepower to defend against jihadis, thugs and tyrants.

1. avatar Art Out West says:

Cheap fun blowback plinker sounds like my Hi-Point carbine. The AK is my more serious rifle.

2. avatar Nick porter says:

Pretty much all 9mm AR’s are blowback. I’ve never seen even a delayed blowback, let alone gas operated.

1. avatar boardsnbikes says:

Plus, no gas tube and a “mock” gas key exists on the carrier simply to operate with the charging handle.

2. avatar Curtis in IL says:

Oh. I get it. So it’s basically a Hi-Point carbine, except it costs more money.

3. avatar Steven R. says:

Nice gun, but what is up with all of the PCC’s? I seem to be seeing a ton of them here today.

Anything semi-automatic in 9/.40/.45 might be a great home defense weapon, farm or trunk gun, but makes a pretty poor “Weapon of War”.

My homeland security rifle is in 7.62X39 and I think this cartridge along with the 5.56 (and maybe .30 carbine)are really as light as you should go.

7.62X51 or 7.62X54R are really what our primary “weapons of war” should be chambered in.

I will make an exception for recoil shy women-old people-children-very wimpy men. It is ok for them to use a PCC for their “weapon of war”. I do have a Hi-Point 4095 as a plinker or extra loaner rifle.

1. avatar CRF says:

Or use the Greates Battle Implement Ever Devised.

4. avatar Indiana Tom says:

To me; a decent shotgun is more of a weapon of war and in Vietnam they actually were.

1. avatar RockOnHellChild says:

I’d take a shotgun over a pistol caliber carbine any day of the week.

5. avatar Fuque says:

I Played around with a sub 2000 for a summer.. great plinker, and pretty accurate But Its not really practical for anything serious.