Incendiary Image of the Day: Jesus Machine Gun, Vagina Rifle and Penis Gun Edition [Images NSFW]

Machine Gun Jesus Gold (courtesy thecreatorsproject.com)

“The gun. It’s as American as apple pie,” DJ Pangburn writes at creators project.com. Originally envisioned by the Founding Fathers as tyranny deterrant, the gun has since become many other things: the criminal’s trusty tool, the hobbyist’s fetish and, depressingly, the police force’s preferred weapon in its dealings with African Americans. And though the NRA and responsible gun owners may point to hunting as a positive use of firearms, the reality is that the gun just can’t seem to outgrow the reason for its invention: ending human life.” Uh, what about protecting human life? Anyway . . .

Penis gun (courtesy thecreatorsproject.com)

But gun rights, ownership, and usage are complex issues. And the American Gun Show exhibition, curated by James Morgan and Dorothy Santos at at Works San José gallery in California, attempts to unwrap these complexities with artistic responses lying at the intersection of technology, free speech, personal liberty, and national identity.

Yada yada yada vagina gun, penis gun, Jesus gun, etc. While I’m sure the artists involved would love it if The People of the Gun were mortally offended by this exhibit, include me out. These works strike me as perfectly valid examples of artistic expression, created with a sense of humor and, yes, respect. Practically speaking, I could see where the recoil generated by the gun below – should it be a working example – could be less than horrible. (C’mon you were thinking it.)

Vagina Rifle (courtesy breitbart.com)

And here’s a bonus (so to speak):

[Curator Dorothy] Santos tells The Creators Project the impetus for the show was [artist James] Morgan’s thoughts and observations on guns and gun culture, primarily based on Cody Wilson’s 3D-printed Liberator gun (a .38 caliber pistol). When Wilson made the Liberator files available, Morgan went through the process of printing and piecing together its various parts.

“In the process of assembling the gun I was struck by the mechanical quality of it and the immense amount of engineering that went into it—it was truly sublime being awe-inspired and terrifying,” Morgan says.

So a gun guy, artistically speaking. As I said, respect. [h/t DrVino]

comments

1. avatar Alan Longnecker says:

Shoot from the hip.

1. avatar Sanchanim says:

I don’t know the dildo gun actually looks pretty practical if you think about it. I mean it has a good grip right!

1. avatar Bill Kohnke says:

That would depend upon which end you are gripping.

1. avatar MIkeP says:

Explains everything (also NSFW)

2. avatar Mad Max says:

The girlz say they want a full/select fire version of the penis gun.

1. avatar Mae West says:

“Is that a pistol in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?”

2. avatar Sock Monkey says:

OK, gun as ersatz penis. Christ misused for shock value, and then another combination of gun and sex toy. Super-original.

2. avatar Sanchanim says:

Ok Jesus on an Uzi.
    I will let that sink in a bit… LOL

1. avatar Paul G says:

Both are from Israel yet recognized, found useful, worldwide?

2. avatar Geoff PR says:

Jesus was a Jew, and the gun’s an Israeli Uzi…

What’s the problem?

3. avatar Anonymoose says:

Not as offensive as Jesus on a dildo…or Mohammad on an Uzi.

3. avatar Michael says:

The Jesus Uzi is double funny because the Uzi is a Israeli design (^o^)

1. avatar Stinkeye says:

Triple funny, because it’s probably more ergonomic than the Uzi’s original grip.

1. avatar mark s. says:

Jesus the Christ is THE WORD ,
        The Word of God is referenced as ‘ a sword ‘.
        A sword is like a 1st century gun .

A penis is Gods way of pro creation ,
        A gun is Gods way of eliminating creation .

A vegie iana is nice .

4. avatar MrB-inTX. says:

AS it has been said – on many different occasions….

Just when I thought I’ve see everything…….

I’m not even going to attempt a comment about this.
    I will leave that to the rest of the TTAG population.

1. avatar Mk10108 says:

I’m with you. Ever since I’ve crossed the geezer threshold that stuff doesn’t do it for me. Nice scotch and dinner with the wife and evening without the twins.

5. avatar Don says:

Huh, an AR with a fleshlight… lots of guys probably have one… or WANT one! LOL. Oy vey….

1. avatar Vhyrus says:

That’s an AK, chief.

1. avatar -Peter says:

Interesting he could name the model of the sex toy, and then completely blew the simple identification of the rifle.

Heh, TheTruthAboutSexToys.com is thataway, pal.

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

Yeah, that ‘wanker’ sure knew the name of the…

2. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

That’s funny.

3. avatar mark s. says:

How do YOU know , he knew ?

2. avatar Robert W. says:

So is the AK the holster for the pistol?

BTW. Not even original.

1. avatar Removed_californian says:

Exactly what came to mind.

1. avatar Jeremiah says:

Heh, “came” to mind XD

2. avatar K says:

Also my first thought.

1. avatar mark s. says:

Would that be a stovepipe ?
          Squib load for sure .

6. avatar actionphysicalman says:

I remember when they said the Sistine Chapel frescoes weren’t art either.

1. avatar Timmy! says:

Wow, you ARE old!

7. avatar live says:

Fleshlight on the rifle.. Soon to be on every infranty mans most loudout.

1. avatar SouthernPhantom says:

AKA Gecko45’s girlfriend…

8. avatar Sammy^ says:

Is that a gold Jes-uzie? I hope the vajayjay rifle is a full auto.

9. avatar Cliff H says:

The interesting thing is that while one comment mis-identified the rifle as an AR, many correctly identified the “fleshlight”. Hmmm.

1. avatar Julio says:

Touché

10. avatar Retired LEO says:

The vagina rifle would prevent STD’s. If they were issued I bet a lot more target practice, double the cleaning though. Big question I have is was any of our tax money used in this “Art?” project. Remember Mapplethorpe photos.

11. avatar Dave says:

That wouldn’t be a “tactical fleshlight” by any chance would it? I wonder if ATF would label that one an SBR. The fanta-flesh might be good at dissipating recoil.

The other one might get AOW status, if it’s not designed to be fired with a single hand.

I guess it all depends on where you brace the gun when you shoot it.

12. avatar Another Robert says:

Modern times, man… smh

13. avatar Brian K. says:

Jesus Uzi’s a good mantelpiece, the Pocket Pistol has smooth lines, but Kalashnikov’s Fleshlight looks phoned-in.

1. avatar SelousX says:

Christ-as-art-accent strikes me as quite underwhelming.
      Including Mohammed, on the other hand… that would punch it up as well as displaying true artistic courage.

14. avatar mike oregon says:

I saw this after reading the cagv Facebook page. I’m starting to think that all of the anti-gun stuff is really satire. None of it makes any logical or factual point. So……..satire?

15. avatar NjGunGuy says:

Perhaps we could get them to kill this trope of associating guns with sexuality if we opened up an art exhibit right across the street that, say, associated blacks with watermelon and fried chicken, or maybe Asians with calculus and poor endowment, perhaps we could imply all Catholics are pedos. In the ensuing kerfuffle we could point right across the street as our inspiration to create art based entirely off of stereotypes. Then we’ll see what they think of it.

Sadly, this kind of trash is all it seems the art world is putting out these days. The whole “gun owners have tiny peepee, hurrr” thing has already been beaten to death in the art world anyway. The fact it keeps coming up is really just a sign of how morally and intellectually bankrupt the antis are. I only ever remember hearing about two even remotely pro-gun art exhibits, amidst a sea of anti ones.

1. avatar AdamTA1 says:

That’s a tiny peepee? Oh man now my self-confidence has taken a hit…. That even comes with a built-in “shocker”

16. Meh.

Anyone can do what they want – I’m past getting “outraged”.

The worst thing for attention seekers is not getting a reaction – I’m happy to oblige.

If anything, it says more about the creator of the art than the viewer…

17. avatar Geoff PR says:

H’mmm.

Haven’t heard any ‘snark’ from Dan Z., yet.

I wonder if he’s ‘busy’…

🙂

18. avatar Defens says:

He missed his chance with the AK – that sex toy should have been mounted in a Slide-Fire stock. Would give a whole new perspective to bump fire.

1. avatar Doesky says:

Prager is awesome!

If Schiller was right and art is the daughter of freedom, then these daughters of freedom are cheap wh0res.

20. avatar Noishkel says:

… I kind of like the Jesus one. Bbuutt I am kind of a blasphemous a-hole with a bad sense of humor. >,,>

21. avatar Bob says:

Weak. Products of limited intelligence and imagination, imho. Seriously, this is your best attempt at insulting art? Perhaps I need to crank up the Art Machine and churn out some anti anti-gun art?

For certain, they are no murdercube.

Which, btw, All Hail Murdercube!

22. avatar Brian says:

No Froglube needed for the AK. Autolube.
    Ewwww…

1. avatar mark s. says:

I thought a shot gun shot a wad , hum ?

23. avatar Joe R. says:

Not pickin up on the respect. Looks like some of satan’s toys, made some of satan’s toys.

24. avatar Former Water Walker says:

Welllll…my JESUS is not perched on a cross. But he will be returning soon firing on all cylinders…but that’s one heckuva’ barrel on the gold thing. Man with the golden gun?

25. avatar anaxis says:

A random hoplophobe recently started polluting my disused FB page with various references to my being an ammosexual, which inspired me to craft a response with some bachelorette party-favors.

1. avatar Avid Reader says:

“Oh, my”, as George Takei would say.

26. avatar Sammy^ says:

A gold pisstill?

27. avatar the ruester says:

They are expecting a “piss Jesus” level reaction from “fundies.” Or, the lack thereof that will “prove” their hypocrisy. My guess is they got wasted (cause that’s what artists do) and stuck the fleshlight onto the ak as a joke, but then one of their twitter feed subscribers convinced them there was Sarkeesian style victim money in it if they could just get some ammosexuals to put it on blast. So “dick pistol” and “King of the Jewzi” were born. How long until they are at the UN, railing against “cyber bullying?”

28. avatar J. Tiesto says:

Nothing offensive about this stuff, just poor and lazy art.

1. avatar mark s. says:

If you put a pair of Obama ears on each side of the AK ,
      changed the Jesus figure for Mohammed ,
      or wrote the word queer on the side of the dill ,
      MEDIA UPROAR ! Death threats and Rainbow riots .

29. avatar Mark Lee says:

The Dobie-o-matic was the most amusing variation of firearm-as-weapon concept.

Just Google it.

30. avatar Southern Cross says:

Not all artists are playing jokes on the public. The others are genuinely mad.

31. avatar rt-texas says:

I don’t really care about what they make out of weapons, ammo or dildos. But I do resent that most of this was probably created while these “artist” were probably paying their daily bills with a grant from the National Endowment for the Arts.

Our tax dollars being put to fine use!!!

32. avatar Andrew Lias says:

As a south paw, I am annoyed at the placement of Jesus. He needs to get out of the way so I can operate it properly.

I don’t want to know what kinda “bullets” the second one shoots. Better watch out for holster rubbing.

The third one, well who knows. I wonder if you put that setup on a pistol and “shouldered” it if the ATF would come after you. Heaven help the gun smith that had to clean one too.

33. avatar Roy says:

I love the Jesus Uzi. I wish I could buy one.

The vagina AK is neat, but I’m worried about changing the use of the gun without getting an approval letter from ATF first.

Can’t recommend the penis gun because it doesn’t appear to be a functional firearm. But the pistol grip probably would make it pretty useful for other things. More control over the device.

34. avatar Paelorian says:

Do you guys realize these art works are insults to gun culture? They’re graphic examples of stupid typical anti-gun arguments. The message of the first is that Christianity and civilian armament are incompatible or at least incongruous. The message of the second is guns are totemic penises for men suffering feelings of masculine inadequacy. The message of the third is that gun owners have a perverse and even sexualized love for their guns (“ammosexuals”). The artist also talks about the mass availability of weaponry (in the context of the Liberator pistol) as “terrifying”. It’s definitely an anti-gun exhibit.

35. avatar JSJ says:

Do you guys realize these art works are insults to gun culture?

Figured that out when I saw how deliberately small they made the penis gun.

Lol

36. avatar DetroitMan says:

Blah. This exemplifies everything that is wrong with modern “art”. Today you can assemble some prefabricated parts in an unusual way and call it art. No talent required. Give me the old masters any day over this garbage.

On a side note, a real man would mount that vagina stock on something chambered in 7.62×51 or 7.62×54.

1. avatar Roy says:

You’d need brass balls to handle it. Oh… I guess you’re right.

37. avatar MrApple says:

Just make sure that you don’t shoulder that vagina.

38. avatar mark s. says:

For the ladies reading this post , They need to lay something beside the dill for size reference , like a quarter so they can make a good consumer choice , is it a full size 1911 or a pocket carry ? What is the magazine capacity ?

39. avatar Kyle says:

That pens pistol could make for an excellent “dildo” (using the quotes to counter auto-correct) design for the woman 😀