This Is What Happens to A Disarmed Populace: Canadian Cops Evacuate Homes for Ammo Box

Canadian ammo box scare (courtesy or-politics.com)

“RCMP said about half a dozen homes were evacuated around Canoe Road in southwest Airdrie Friday night,” or-politics.com reports. “A new homeowner was moving in, and saw a device that seemed suspicious in the shed in the backyard. Police said it looked like an ‘ammunition box.’ Police, fire crews and ATCO Gas officials are investigating, and had called in weapons experts to determine if the item is dangerous. RCMP and Airdrie officers were blocking sections of roadway at Canoe Road and Canoe Circle at around 5 p.m.” One assumes this “emergency” is over, if not the underlying anti-gun animus and ignorance that caused it.

comments

1. avatar Curtis in IL says:

Note to Canadian readers: If you come across a big box marked “.22 Long Rifle” and it scares you, don’t call the police. Call me and I’ll come and remove it for you.

No charge.

1. avatar ColdNorth says:

You stay away from my precious

2. avatar tmm says:

I would be suspicious if I saw that. Can’t be real.

2. avatar george from fort worth says:

brits, canadians, same same. you don’t want to run afoul of their rules.

3. avatar Deddo42 says:

Unbelievable! Even the Fire Department “laid a line” coming in. It looks like a 2″ preconnect line run to the shed, and all that with not even smoke showing for the first-arriving Company. The 4″ line running to the hydrant was overkill, to be sure. Maybe everyone there in DPS is nuts! Even a rookie Lt. would be laughed out of the station for that display of paranoia.

1. avatar Curtis in IL says:

In your typical fire department, 85% of the calls are medical. That is to say they don’t get a chance to practice their hose-connecting skills very often.

This was a training exercise.

1. avatar neiowa says:

Reloading LDH is not training after the first 5min.

4. avatar Mikial says:

Wow, this gets more and more stupid every day. What is happening to the world and the human race. As Ripley said, “Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away?”

These people are completely emasculated. Places that were once the epitome of independence and adventure like Canada and Australia are now nothing but a pit of sniveling Liberals. It’s no wonder the countries of European derivation are rapidly sinking into the morass of the Third World. Oh gosh, did I say Third World . . but that’s not politically correct anymore. Now they are “developing nations,.”

1. avatar Amok! says:

+10

This. Exactly This.

1. avatar Mikial says:

Thank you, Brother!

2. avatar Lone Ranger says:

The problem is they are under the illusion that there is no consequence to having the mindset that they do. Uncle Sam has always been around to bail them out of a jam but if things continue the way they are going even we won’t be around in another few decades to bail them out the next time some despot shows up to take their land and treasure.

5. avatar Geoff PR says:

Wow.

I tried to reply to ‘aN eNGLISH pERSON’ and ask if he was an intoxicated English Person, but the bits evaporated into the ether…

Weird.

6. avatar Geoff PR says:

“Police, fire crews and ATCO Gas officials are investigating, and had called in weapons experts to determine if the item is dangerous.”

Well, of course.

It could put a kid’s eye out…

1. avatar Mikial says:

That sounds like what my mother used to always tell us . . “Yeah, it’s funny until someone loses an eye!”

7. avatar William Burke says:

Hopeless wussies. Fear of an Armed Planet. Where do I sign up for relocation to a manly planet? Please HELP!!

8. avatar Grindstone says:

I had a gate guard stop me from driving onto base once because I had an “ammo box” in the bed of my truck. It was a 20mm ammo can that I used to hold my cargo straps. I told him as much and he opened it in the most careful way possible. And of course, it was filled with ratchet straps and bungies. He questioned me on how and where I got the can, I informed him it was $10 at the mil surplus store about two blocks away from that very gate. I felt so much safer knowing that police academy reject is guarding me…

1. avatar Swarf says:

He questioned me on how and where I got the can,

“Oh man, after the embassy job, we had a *bunch* of them! You want one?”

1. avatar rosignol says:

It sounds like you would be fun to hang out with.

9. avatar Joe R. says:

This is what happens to a disarmed populace (when people disarm you so that you won’t be treated like an enemy combatant):

98 US PW 5-10-43

10. avatar Joe R. says:

FU CANUCKS !!!

GET OFF OUR LAWN !!!

AS SOON AS YOU ARE FULLY DISARMED, THEY ARE COMING TO GET YOU !!!

WE WILL COME AND DEFEAT THEM, BUT N O T F O R Y O U.

eh?

1. avatar ColdNorth says:

You’ll have to shout louder, I can’t hear you over the $199 Russian SKS and $300 SVT 40s.

1. avatar Joe R. says:

if they’re pointed down here you’re getting flanked by your own neighbors.

Like I said, we’ll wait.

1. avatar ColdNorth says:

No, we’re pointing them at targets on our ranges. That’s the nice thing about cheaper guns and bargain ammo, it lets you do that more often.

11. avatar Gov. William J. Le Petomane says:

Not that I don’t think this was a ridiculous overreaction considering the circumstances, but a steel ammo box would probably make just as good of a bomb casing as a pressure cooker.

1. avatar TruthTellers says:

I see what you’re saying, but if people are going to look at every metal box as though it’s a bomb… then the terrorists have won.

1. avatar Gov. William J. Le Petomane says:

Not every metal box. If you saw an ammo box just sitting in a crowded public place, yes, if you just bought a house and find a rusty old ammo box in the basement, no. Just thinking out loud, anyway. 420 rounds of XM855, take out 150 rounds, replace with one brick C4 and a cell phone detonator – boom! Kind of makes me want to avoid crowded public places…

2. avatar Lone Ranger says:

And the chances that a random ammo can is a bomb? 1 in 10,000?

12. avatar Rusty Chains says:

Wow, an ammo can defined as dangerous? Well, maybe if you drop it on your foot, of course mine are all pretty heavy from the stuff in them. I used one as a radio housing for a repeater and battery I put on top of a hill near my house.

13. avatar Mr. AR-10 says:

Not without precedent…

“Tim Stark said he was unloading items into the MOR Music store where he works in Fossgate yesterday morning when he spotted what he believed to be a live .22 bullet gleaming in a puddle.

He said he immediately called police, who came and took it away. ”

These people seem to act as if any firearm or even component is magically posessed and will rise up and destory all life around it. It seems a complete mystery to them.

We should require basic firearms education to all citizens I think.

14. avatar Ohbrother says:

As a Canadian this makes me sad, this is what happens to population made up of vast liberal voter demographics, and the election is coming up,I’m petrified of course which is my natural state cause I’m from Canada.

15. avatar Ohbrother says:

We can’t have basic firearms training in Canada,we essentially have 3 liberal progressive parties and 1 slightly less liberal more or less Conservative party.if it was even suggested the cbc would poop themselves along with every soccer mom. No! hysteria is better than education

16. avatar RetMSgt in Pa. says:

My 96-year-old mother had an ammo can (1000 CAL .45 CARTRIDGES), in New York City no less. She kept her coin collection in it.

17. avatar Siris says:

Ammo cans are “Tupperware for men” in America…
    You know dang well they’d mentioned if they actually found any ammo.
    I bet the neighborhood will love this new addition to the community..

This is why I won’t allow any Canucks to look in my closet.

19. avatar Felix says:

Brits did something similar but worse a few years ago. Some shopkeeper found a single unfired .22 round on his doorstep when he opened his shop, and the police shut down the entire block.

20. avatar ColdNorth says:

It’s just standard government over-reaction to something that could OMG BE A BOMB, as well as an excuse for the police to play with their shiny toys.

We don’t see freakouts like that in Canadian Tire where the Plano ammo cans are out in the aisles, or in Basspro where the ammo is just out on the sales floor.

21. avatar Bob103 says:

You really cannot make this up.

22. avatar Rusty Chains says:

We do get the same thing here in Atlanta, now that I think about it. Some poor fool leaves his backpack or briefcase sitting on the ground as he pulls out of the parking lot, it use to be he could go back and collect it, if he could get there before it is stolen. Now, if he can get back quickly, he might be able to save it before the idiot police department blows the damn thing up, cause it might be a bomb.

23. avatar Stinkeye says:

So they shut down Canoe Road and Canoe Circle, eh? No word about whether Canoe Street, Canoe Boulevard, Canoe Parkway, or Canoe Avenue were blocked?

1. avatar jsj says:

All those canoes yet no paddles allowed, lol.

24. avatar TruthTellers says:

Shutting down roads because some ammo is found? This is like a comedy sketch from SNL in the 70’s.

Except this is real life.

The West will lose World War 3.

1. avatar Billy-bob says:

Is that the one against the sharks with lasers on their heads?

1. avatar Marcus (Aurelius) Payne says:

Fricken’ A.

2. avatar Timmy! says:

And ill-tempered mutated sea bass.

25. avatar I1ULUZ says:

Moving into new house, find ammo can. Pray: PLEASE GOD let it be full of Gold, money in plastic/paper bills (new Canadian dollars), .22 WinMag, .22LR, match .308, .45ACP .223/5.56 or maybe coins. God says Go look my son. YES!!!! Exam can, rusted out, toss in recycle bin. Really God??? Gotcha, I needed a laugh today!!!

Last thought, calling 9-1-1.

1. avatar neiowa says:

Exactly. A WIN. You store good stuff in a gasketed steel container/safe then hide it in a shed. What metrosexual calls the POPO?”

26. avatar Bruce says:

The road was blocked due to a home made explosive being located, disposal personal attended and dealt with the explosive device. Were these facts unavailable to you or did you choose to ignore those facts ?

1. avatar DevilNuts says:

Do you have a link?

1. avatar Bruce says:

Google-Airdrie bomb

27. avatar SuperG says:

Poor Canada. They just showed the world how retarded they are. Of course, I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention the retard cops who thought that kid’s clock was a bomb. What was missing guys? Explosives!

28. avatar Ron says:

Sounds like a bunch of middle school girls telling ghost stories when someone knocks at the door and they all scream. The RCMP, the new homeowner and some of the sheltered public should stop telling ghost stories.

29. America should pull everyone and everything out of ALL countries and let them ask for help. We will give it to them AFTER they arm the civilians. Some of the disarmed people murdered by the governments of the world, Christians Rome, Jews Nazi Germany, Aztecs Spanish, Maori of NZ and Aboriginals Australia, Scottish William Wallace, the Irish, Welsh by English and the Native America by the US government. THIS is why we need guns to protect ourselves from those who would subject us to their whim and if this is not enough just google dictators.
    There are over 400 gun laws on the books and they have done nothing to stop the violence. Because of the winey few we are chastised for wanting to protect ourselves. We NEED guns to protect ourselves from criminals in and out of the government. I deserve the right to protect myself and if you don’t like it tough $hit.
    The 2nd Amendment was put into the Constitution so the people could protect themselves from a corrupt government. That is why it says “shall not infringe” so we can have what the government has to prevent a Holocaust. I believe the people should have what the government has including machine guns. The only gun control law there should be is that criminals can’t have any firearms. No double standards put DC politicians on Obamacare and SS.Thanks for your support and vote.Pass the word. mrpresident2016.com