W’s resurrected FN Hi-Power. Lightweight frame, SFS kit, Don Williams @ Action Works reliability/carry package, Trijicon sights, handmade grips, and cerakote finish.

The response to our call for pics of the last gun you purchased has been, well, overwhelming. If you’ll recall, in response to the self-loathing Steve Elliot’s pathetic #ONELESSGUN hashtag campaign calling for gun owners to throw one in the wood chipper, we started a little campaign of our own – #ONEMOREGUN. To offset Elliot’s efforts we’re posting photos of your most recent acquisitions. Whew! We’re well over 100 and counting. You can see the full collection (so far) at our Facebook page, or scroll down for a representative sample . . .

CB’s 22/45 Lite

AS’s S&W 325 in .45ACP

I’s Christensen arms titanium bobtail 1911 with carbon fiber grips

RZ’s M&P Shield 9mm with Apex enhancements

DS’s Pietta 1858 Remington

MB’s Beretta 92G

CC’s SIG P320

MN’s SIG SAUER P226 Legion

CW’s Springfield Armory 1911 Range Office

J’s G43

DR’s RMEF banquet edition Browning X-Bolt Medallion chambered in 300win mag with Zeis optic

DN’s Freedom Arms .454 Casull Magnum

DW’s Ruger LCP

PC’s Israeli police surplus Browning Hi Power

CF’s Vz2008 in 7.62×39

MP’s Hi Point 4595TS

N’s Chinese Type 54

L’s Kel Tec Sub 2000

1. avatar Mini14 says:

Dat Hi-Point!!

2. avatar DonS says:

Woo hoo! My cap-n-ball revolver made this filtered list!

1. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

Some nice grain in those grips Don.

1. avatar DonS says:

Not bad for a sight-unseen Cabela’s order. When I opened the box, I was immediately shocked by the grips.

1. avatar Grindstone says:

What a beauty!

3. avatar RocketScientist says:

Last photo has same caption as next-to-last photo (“DK’s DDMK18 SBR”) when it is clearly a KELT-TEC SUB-2000. Just FYI.

1. avatar Jon in CO says:

If DD is making Sub-2000’s, I’m definitely more interested in buying them now.

4. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

Dang. The wood grain on that RMEF browning is stunning.
    Some pretty darn good photography going on here!

5. avatar jwm says:

That vz up a tree. Must not have been in CA. I didn’t see a SWAT team coming down the road in a surplus spam can.

And speaking of surplus. That Isreali Browing has traveled a few miles. And from the looks of it its been upside more than one head.

6. avatar actionphysicalman says:

Envy is such a dark emotion:-(

7. avatar Joe R. says:

Ecclesiastes 9:11 . . .the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, nor bread to the wise, nor riches to the intelligent, nor favor to those with knowledge, but time and chance happen to them all.

Let the race not be just to those with immediate buying power. Round 2 ?

1. avatar DonS says:

Well, the “race” isn’t really about immediate buying power. It’s just “the last gun you purchased”. Could’ve been last week, last year, or last millenium.

1. avatar Joe R. says:

So, you’re saying I don’t necessarily have to buy another one, and I’m saying I do.

Damon Runyon 1:01 — the race is not always to the swift, nor the battle always to the strong . . . but that’s the way to bet.

8. avatar Boyd says:

I’ve been somewhat interested in buying a sub 2000 my biggest concern about it is that I’m under 21 so I’m not quite sure how I’d get the ammo for it.

1. avatar K-Bizz says:

Most shops will sell the ammo to you. Just tell them it’s for a carbine.

2. avatar Nagurski says:

It may not hurt to have proof that you own the carbine just in case they don’t believe you.

9. avatar SteveInCO says:

Quite a variety. Hats off to the TTAG community for their individualism!

10. avatar Brentonadams says:

11. avatar DaveC says:

I agree; the race is not necessarily to those with the most buying power. It may be nice to have the money to buy everything you want. But like the old saying, you always appreciate more those things you have to work for. And collecting something, anything, can be come addictive. Gun collecting can be both addictive, and obviously expensive. Great if you can stay in that sub $500 range. That’s where I started. But if you’re not careful that threshold starts to creep upward. Used to be I would save 4,5, maybe 6 months to buy a gun. I won’t bother telling you how long I have to save now. That sub $500 range doesn’t even wet my appetite anymore. Anyone know if there is a Gun Buyers anonymous support group out there?

12. avatar Michelle says:

Muh legion’s famous.

1. The pony makes it extra special.

1. avatar Michelle says:

Friendship is magic. <> Allow me to demonstrate.

13. avatar Sixpack70 says:

I have an Israeli FN Hi Power and CZ 75 (non B), but I had another purchase after that. They both shoot great after a very thorough cleaning. The Hi Power has new springs which makes it a really nice gun to shoot. The CZ didn’t need anything except some minor sanding of the slide release where the follower locks the slide back on the last shot. After that it has been flawless!

1. avatar Sixpack70 says:

And of course the edit option went away.

The Hi Power on top looks amazing! I debate whether to leave mine battle scarred from service or to have it done up like the pistol up top.

14. avatar Phil LA says:

That 454 is so awesome! I see a lot of my future-last guns purchased on this list.

1. avatar Don Nelson says:

Phil, I got a deal on that Freedom Arms. It was made on 15 November, 1985, so the terms “Model 83,” and “Premier Grade” didn’t exist. The original owner screwed up the fixed front sight, so it was never fired. He sent it back to Freedom this year for a new front sight and just wanted to be done with it. I gave him more than he paid in 1985, so he was happy. Oh, and it’s a five-inch, rather than four-and-a-quarter! There are deals out there if you look hard enough.

15. avatar JoshtheViking says:

Freedom Arms 454. Me want.

16. avatar Matt says:

An equally important question! What pen is that paired with that lovely Hi-Power?